+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
My timeline: for inland primary and secondary outland
ITA received: 14 Feb 2021
AOR: 1 March 2021
Medical Approved: 20 March 2021
Biometrics were done back in 2016 and 2018 for spouse.
Portal info: 1 August 2021
E-COPR: 6 August 2021.
Photo in Review with IRCC
Updated all info for spouse since application submitted.
But no update on behalf of spouse worried as she is about to deliver in October just willing to know that Is there any chance that she can arrive here before October
regards,
Musa
For Dependants , we are not seeing any big movements. though i saw PPR for one Person with COR Pakistan (in this forum). it surely depends on COR and numerous other things. All we can say its, "Lets Hope for best and wait"

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
For Dependants , we are not seeing any big movements. though i saw PPR for one Person with COR Pakistan (in this forum). it surely depends on COR and numerous other things. All we can say its, "Lets Hope for best and wait"
I am just wondering, since primary inland applicant is getting COPR, Can’t we apply visitor visa for our spouse post we (inland) get copr?

Srisundarcan

Feb 13, 2021
I am just wondering, since primary inland applicant is getting COPR, Can’t we apply visitor visa for our spouse post we (inland) get copr?
yes definitely you can apply visitor visa, check the processing times for your COR here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

if you dont mind spending extra bucks, if you are getting in 1 month , then I would say go ahead and apply.

word of caution, there was no visitor visa approval I have seen so far this year in this forum or facebook. Totally up to you to decide

Shik18

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
yes definitely you can apply visitor visa, check the processing times for your COR here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

if you dont mind spending extra bucks, if you are getting in 1 month , then I would say go ahead and apply.

word of caution, there was no visitor visa approval I have seen so far this year in this forum or facebook. Totally up to you to decide
154 days :) yes I agree I haven’t seen any visitor approval this year. Hopefully instead of waiting for 154 days, we will get PPR for our Outland dependents soon.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hi Experts and Mr. @legalfalcon,
Could you please advise if having a PR application being stuck in the Security Screening (A34, comprehensive) impacts issuing a TRV for a dependent outland applicant?
We got the 2nd GCMS notes yesterday and noticed that everything is passed for our CEC Inland application (Eligibility, Criminality, Information Sharing) but Security was empty. Upon further analysis of the GCMS notes, we saw that Security Screening (Comprehensive) was initiated on 5/5/2021 by IRCC.
I (dependent outland) desperately want to reunite with my wife (primary inland) and we thought of applying for a TRV on the grounds of family reunification but now that our application is in the SS we are not sure if IRCC even approves TRV for cases when there is a PR application being stuck in SS (Comprehensive).
Thanks in advance!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon sir I always read ur suggestions which are very informative.I need an answer of one question.my question is

my closed LMIA based work permit( permanent residency stream)approved in jan 2020 n I started job in Canada .after completing one year in jan 2021 I applied for PR n claimed one year Canadian experience point as well as job offers point which is permanent job offer so my question is PR application taking time as it already been 7 months no updates at all n my dependents in home country so it’s hard day by day to stay without them.their OWP and dependents visa already refused in 2020 which I applied after three salary slips .so can I go to home county and come after approval or I ll loose my job offers points n get refuse.
You can visit any country. If you claimed points for arranged employment, you have to continue to in the employment. However, you can take a vacation and that will not have any impact.

Dhivyabharathi

Star Member
Feb 19, 2018
Hi,
I am an inland Applicant (primary) my spouse is in Pakistan. I receieved portal infor on 1August2021. And I received My ECOPR on 6th august 2021. Just my photo is pending for approval. But, No information on behalf of my spouse. When will she be issued A landing paper or passport request or Confirmation to apply for visa. She had never been to Canada. requires a visa. How long is it gonna take and what is the process from now on. Anyone who can share their experience will be of great help and will reduce my stress. Thanking You in anticipation.
Regards,
Musa Lodhi
what is your AOR and VO