+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
I called ircc on friday and agent told me that my wife copr wont be issued until travel restrictions are lifted and only when she comes to Canada her copr will be issued. She had applied for spouse open work permit and instead of a PPR on PR application she will get visa for sowp. Now sowp decision is pending and agent said until travel restrictions are lifted decisions wont be made. Now I don't know if that is true but do you guys think they will issue a copr to her as she is Outland ?

Reactions: Rajinder1234

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
I called ircc on friday and agent told me that my wife copr wont be issued until travel restrictions are lifted and only when she comes to Canada her copr will be issued. She had applied for spouse open work permit and instead of a PPR on PR application she will get visa for sowp. Now sowp decision is pending and agent said until travel restrictions are lifted decisions wont be made. Now I don't know if that is true but do you guys think they will issue a copr to her as she is Outland ?
Have you received your COPR ? Which country is your spouse in ?

Harnek saini

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
That's not true. These are two different applications and 2 different officer are working on it. Ircc agent don't know anything.

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
No, I didn’t receive any portal request. Do you have any idea when can I get it ? I have no hope.
Hopefully you should get it this very soon if not already . As they are already processing for people who are in Canada irrespective of their dependant if they have valid medicals at least till end of October or further more. Did you get any further update ?

rashmigr22

Jun 17, 2021
Can some one help me with this question on TRV & PR?
I had applied Visitor visa for my dependent in month of Feb 2021, got biomteric instruction letter but biomteric process is yet to happen. Meanwhile, in June submitted my PR application under CEC, I did not mention about Spouse visitor visa will that be a problem? I have paid Biometric twice once in Visitor visa & now in PR application can I check for refund?

Will my current PR application effect visitor visa for my spouse? Should I need to withdraw my visitor visa? Kindly help

mem.ar=June

Star Member
Sep 18, 2020
App. Filed.......
Ar - 21 June 2019
AOR Received.
Aor - 18 July 2019
Med's Request
Upfront Medical done In july
Med's Done....
Medical Passed in July
Passport Req..
Passport request - Oct 2021
LANDED..........
Landed - Nov 2021
Oh god... when they will process our applications??? How much more hold??? More patience??? Can’t hold anymore...no timeline when they will consider us..so much burden of this process...stressed out

drms

Star Member
Mar 16, 2017
If they start issuing ppr for students first, how long is it going to take to get to us ?? Could be a month or two I think.. they don't care about us. They only want student's money.. relationships does not matter to them. Families does not matter. All that matters is money and politics..

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
If they start issuing ppr for students first, how long is it going to take to get to us ?? Could be a month or two I think.. they don't care about us. They only want student's money.. relationships does not matter to them. Families does not matter. All that matters is money and politics..
I was just talking to my husband who is in home country.he is upset due to circumstances.he is becoming sick day by day n m here ,can’t do anything .everyday is like a hell.

• Sad
Reactions: Aaak Sharma

AJ199101

Star Member
Feb 6, 2020
No waiting only received credentials for confirmation portal
Ok , did the IRCC confirm that they will be issuing your COPR when you spoke to the agent , as I understand as the restrictions are lifted and people with COPR after March 2020 are allowed to come in so there is no difference for Outland dependant if they have valid medical for good amount of time they would indeed start issuing COPR. So hope for the best.

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
Ok , did the IRCC confirm that they will be issuing your COPR when you spoke to the agent , as I understand as the restrictions are lifted and people with COPR after March 2020 are allowed to come in so there is no difference for Outland dependant if they have valid medical for good amount of time they would indeed start issuing COPR. So hope for the best.
Yes agent confirmed that i will be issued COPR but not my wife until she is in Canada

skat2111

Jun 20, 2021
U mean if principal applicant in Canada he or she ll receive copr with time .it does not matter that dependents are in Outland .they ll just hold Outland PPR only??
Thats what agent said. Getting copr within time like single applicant inland is still questionable. I have seen single applicants inland getting copr faster than a primary applicants inland with dependent outland. As per agent it will come in same time.

harry0207

Dec 6, 2020
Hopefully you should get it this very soon if not already . As they are already processing for people who are in Canada irrespective of their dependant if they have valid medicals at least till end of October or further more. Did you get any further update ?
This is so FXXKING great. They dragged it for so long and now there is another reason for them not to process/finalize the applications with impending medical expiration or already expired medicals (many applications prior to September 2020 I suppose)

Reactions: gps2089