+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
I again disappointed, crying ,helpless .I don’t know how I can express my frustration n to whom as nobody gonna understand our situation .
My wife was in India when I applied but she is in Canada now. I thinks its impacting my application as well. :(:(
This is so frustrating. My paper based PR application on the basis of my MPNP was taking long so I applied express entry in a hope that this wont take long. Now my previous application in process since 15 months and EE nearing 4 months. I have wasted so much money for nothing.

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
My wife was in India when I applied but she is in Canada now. I thinks its impacting my application as well. :(:(
This is so frustrating. My paper based PR application on the basis of my MPNP was taking long so I applied express entry in a hope that this wont take long. Now my previous application in process since 15 months and EE nearing 4 months. I have wasted so much money for nothing.
My husband and daughter still in India n m n my husband almost depressed as we don’t have any hope.my daughter is growing without me which killing me more .I applied express entry in Jan n it’s been 5 months .no updates at all.I can’t explain what I am feeling.

• Sad
Reactions: Harrysingh04

S'MAN

Feb 3, 2021
Guys don't lose hopes, we've come so far, lill bit more... No need to be depressed as getting depressed is not the answer for any of us. The wait is painful but once IRCC starts processing our applications all pain would be worth. I strongly believe you must be following IRCC news regularly, which indicates that things are progressing now. We only have to wait until VFS starts the PPR window open.
My suggestion to all, just hold back yourself bit more :)
Have a wonderful weekend.

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
meenu-manpreet-gill
I think you should call Ircc, this way you get to know the right stage of your file. You should not worry most of the people are in similar situation, keep trust on God and Ircc, everything will be fine soon.
I did three four time but still same status .only medical passed.biometric they received but dint update.it’s been 5 months .

Reactions: Harrysingh04

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
@nurzohra please when did you send a webform and to which Visa Office? I sent one almost a week ago after I arrived back in Canada and yet to receive a response.
[/QUOTE]
I just uploaded the webform online on 23rd and received the reply on 30th. It takes up to 10 days from them to reply

Reactions: Babamo
Nov 21, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon - I called IRCC today and spoke to a very rude customer service agent.

I requested the status and the lady's like - "the status is the same as last time". I told her my file has passed all stages and I am waiting for final decision since the past 4 months and that I've tried calling/sending webforms and nothing's working. She told me to "stop calling and sending webforms" as this will delay my processing (?!).

I explained that I haven't seen my wife for 1.5 years but the lady wouldn't understand. She told me there are a lot of people waiting and there are "thousands of files that the officers have to process". Long story short - we had an argument and 1 hour after hanging up - I had a ghost update on my profile.

Does this mean she put adverse notes on my file? Can this impact the final decision?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

Viharpatel123

Star Member
Apr 21, 2020
Can you share the letter that was issued to you and under what sections you were denied.
It was under the quarantine act. the officer was telling me that your wife needs to be PR. I called the Canadian border today and they said that I do not even need an authorization letter coming from the USA but the final decision is up to the officer and they should have allowed me to enter into the border. Now I am confused that whether try to re-enter or wait for a PPR request. We replied to portal email request with detail that I am outside and spouse is inside. Not sure whether they will give COPR to my wife through the portal. What is your advice?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon - I called IRCC today and spoke to a very rude customer service agent.

I requested the status and the lady's like - "the status is the same as last time". I told her my file has passed all stages and I am waiting for final decision since the past 4 months and that I've tried calling/sending webforms and nothing's working. She told me to "stop calling and sending webforms" as this will delay my processing (?!).

I explained that I haven't seen my wife for 1.5 years but the lady wouldn't understand. She told me there are a lot of people waiting and there are "thousands of files that the officers have to process". Long story short - we had an argument and 1 hour after hanging up - I had a ghost update on my profile.

Does this mean she put adverse notes on my file? Can this impact the final decision?
First of all you need understand that the call centre agents do not process you files. It is done by the offices in different VOs.

There is no point arguing as the call centre agents can do nothing. If you encounter a rude person, just finished asap an call again in a day of two.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/code-conduct.html

See https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/complaints-disputes/make-a-service-complaint.html

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
1. As soon as you receive a COPR, you become a PR.

2. Since you are a PR, your spouse is exempt from travel restrictions and can travel to Canada if your spouse has a visa. If not, then you will have to wait until IRCC issues one. Your spouse will need a PR visa and COPR.
@legalfalcon What is the best way to inform IRCC about my spouse's situation?
1. Should I just call to the contact centre and ask them to issue PPR for my spouse and upload it to our CIC account?
2. I heard some people in the complex situations complain to the MPs. Should I consider this option?
3. I also have contact information a local office in Etobicoke. They are landed me. But it looks like they can help only with issues related to the confirmation portal (landing inside Canada). PPR is NOT related to that portal.

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021

Sorry for the straightforward answer but that sort of explanations like "I haven't seen my wife/kids/parents for a long time, please let them in, I really want it" make IRCC agents angry and show that your call is not important, unreasonable and foolish.
Be polite and try to put yourself in the agent's shoes. She has precise instructions about travel restrictions but you continue to argue. It will never bring a good result because she didn't create those instructions. She will be fired if she isn't following them.
Imagine the situation if you worked in CRA and the regular guy called and asked you to increase EI for him exclusively. Just because he doesn't have enough money for a flight ticket (can't fly to another country and see his wife for example).
What would you do and what your reaction would be after 1 hour of explanation?

Nov 21, 2020
First of all you need understand that the call centre agents do not process you files. It is done by the offices in different VOs.

There is no point arguing as the call centre agents can do nothing. If you encounter a rude person, just finished asap an call again in a day of two.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/code-conduct.html

See https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/about-canada-revenue-agency-cra/complaints-disputes/make-a-service-complaint.html
Great - thank you for this info. I will submit a complaint.

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
@nurzohra please when did you send a webform and to which Visa Office? I sent one almost a week ago after I arrived back in Canada and yet to receive a response.
I just uploaded the webform online on 23rd and received the reply on 30th. It takes up to 10 days from them to reply
[/QUOTE]
Alright thanks. I managed to get through to IRCC on the phone and they confirmed receipt of the webform I sent. Thanks again