17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please help me.

Today I was denied Port of entry at ambassador bridge Michigan. I had a Valid visitor visa and travel exemption letter. My wife is in Canada and is on a work permit. Our express entry profile AOR 10 Jan 2020 and received the portal email week ago asking if both people are inside Canada. I live in the US. I stated that I want to live with my wife and that is the purpose of my visit. I was denied entry on the quarantine act. How long will it take to get PPR to COPR from portal email?
Sorry to hear that. If you enter of a visitor's visa, you cannot have an intent to stay indefinitely in Canada.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon
Wanted to reach out and ask as to why are inland applicants with outland dependents who applied in 2020 not being issued PPR.
As per the new cic policy COPR holders can now travel to Canada.
we were hoping for some good news coming to us but we haven’t seen any developments so far.
Are we just being ignored because most of us have expired medicals ?
they now seem to focus on 2021 and we have seen most of 2021 candidates getting PPR request

Reactions: Harrysingh04

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
Wanted to reach out and ask as to why are inland applicants with outland dependents who applied in 2020 not being issued PPR.
we were hoping for some good news coming to us but we haven’t seen any developments so far.
they now seem to focus on 2021 and we have seen most of 2021 candidates getting PPR request
I m Jan 2021 applicant n getting nothing but yes I saw few cases feb onwards with Outland dependents getting ppr and copr.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon
In most countries the visa offices were closed, so even the COPRs could not be issued and there were travel restrictions. Under the law, there is nothing as inland or outland. Whether you are in Canada or not only determine how you will receive your COPR.

However, as things open up, COPRs are bing issued.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Any update regarding indian dependents?
Only about FSW outland applications with the expired COPR:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.733442/post-9519556
IRCC responded to one of the FSW outland (summer 2020 AOR) applicants saying that his/her application will not be finalized until early next year.

Also, I saw a similar response from the Warsaw processing office shared in one of the Watsapp chats saying pretty much the same. A person from that Whatsapp chat got a re-med request in April 2021 (COPR was expired), then Medical was shown as passed in June. Today he/she sent an email to the Warsaw processing office asking for updates on his/her case and got such reply within 5 mins.

Hopefully, our inland+outland cases won't go to the same "finalized until early next year" bucket!

Last edited:

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fsw-worldwide.733442/post-9519556
IRCC responded to one of the FSW outland (summer 2020 AOR) applicants saying that his/her application will not be finalized until early next year.

Also, I saw a similar response from the Warsaw processing office shared in one of the Watsapp chats saying pretty much the same. A person from that Whatsapp chat got a re-med request in April 2021 (COPR was expired), then Medical was shown as passed in June. Today he/she sent an email to the Warsaw processing office asking for updates on his/her case and got such reply within 5 mins.

Hopefully, our inland+outland cases won't go to the same "finalized until early next year" bucket!
this got me depressed !!!

Reactions: gps2089

nndhore

Jun 8, 2021

Since last week I started checking my CIC account and all SM discussion on Friday only, now I will change frequency to monthly. Already enough depressed due to not seeing family since 2 tears(years and tears are both same for me now)

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020

inland+outland cases have been treated just like FSW cases. They haven't explicitly said it but all the signs are indicating that way. So, unfortunately 'early next year' is applicable to us too...

Babamo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
No, I haven't received the portal yet. I just received an email yesterday confirming that they have received my webform which I had sent to confirm I am in Canada and that they will forward it to the responsible officer. My spouse's visa is valid for 1 year.
Congratulations, don't worry your spouse should be here within few weeks.
@nurzohra please when did you send a webform and to which Visa Office? I sent one almost a week ago after I arrived back in Canada and yet to receive a response.

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
inland+outland cases have been treated just like FSW cases. They haven't explicitly said it but all the signs are indicating that way. So, unfortunately 'early next year' is applicable to us too...
I again disappointed, crying ,helpless .I don’t know how I can express my frustration n to whom as nobody gonna understand our situation .