+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Nick_1919

Jun 30, 2021
I called ircc on friday and agent told me that my wife copr wont be issued until travel restrictions are lifted and only when she comes to Canada her copr will be issued. She had applied for spouse open work permit and instead of a PPR on PR application she will get visa for sowp. Now sowp decision is pending and agent said until travel restrictions are lifted decisions wont be made. Now I don't know if that is true but do you guys think they will issue a copr to her as she is Outland ?
You have to go ahead and use your portal credentials like I did. You are inside Canada, right? During your landing IRCC will ask proof that your spouse will arrive to Canada prior to some date (the date depends on circumstances). They asked me the same proof when I did my landing. In other words, they ask a flight ticket for your spouse.
All this discussion about her SOWP is "bullshit". The agent just doesn't know or doesn't care.
If they send you portal credentials, your PR application has been approved but not finalized yet. Your spouse and you don't need temporary status anymore.
There is only one goal left is landing for you and your wife. Then your application will be finalized and you with your spouse become PRs.
You have to complete your landing through the portal because you are inside Canada. And there is a special landing procedure for outland applicants (for your spouse).
Next time she comes to Canada, she has to do landing at the border and become a new PR.
Visa for SOWP isn't related to landing procedure and doesn't show a border officer correct information. It will show that a SOWP holder come to Canada. Yes, there are travel restrictions for SOWP holders in place.

BUT where did you see travel restrictions which don't allow to complete landing for outland applicants??
Did someone see travel restrictions which don't allow to issue a PPR for outland applicants?

I think you started with the wrong request. That's why you got that answer from an agent. Indeed, COPR can be activated only at the Canadian border. That's why your spouse has to come to Canada. An agent was right about it. BUT you didn't say that your spouse need a PPR only. You had to start with the question about a PPR for your spouse

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
Hopefully you should get it this very soon if not already . As they are already processing for people who are in Canada irrespective of their dependant if they have valid medicals at least till end of October or further more. Did you get any further update ?
How did you get to know that medical should be valid up to October or more before approval?

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Hey guys - I just called IRCC and the agent confirmed that "about a week or so ago IRCC started going through applications which have outland dependents and they have started confirming the address of everyone in the application before they give out the PR. It may take some time to go through all the applications so give it some time."
Great news! Thanks for keeping us posted!

Arshveer deol

Star Member
Jan 17, 2021
Hey guys - I just called IRCC and the agent confirmed that "about a week or so ago IRCC started going through applications which have outland dependents and they have started confirming the address of everyone in the application before they give out the PR. It may take some time to go through all the applications so give it some time."
I have been told the same thing by the agent today. Let’s hope for the best

Jesh07

Jul 5, 2021
New guy here. been reading for a while now. here's my situation:

CEC Inland + outland spouse
AOR: June, 17. 2020
Medical Pass: August, 4. 2020
Biometrics: December, 04. 2020
BOWP Applied: September. 2020
BOWP Approved: November. 2020
BOWP Expires: November. 2021

Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - passed

Called IRCC on May 28th and was told that all the assessments was passed on May 13th 2021 and waiting for a final decision which will come anytime now.

Jun 16, 2021

Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - passed

Called IRCC on May 28th and was told that all the assessments was passed on May 13th 2021 and waiting for a final decision which will come anytime now.
Which country your spouse is?

jagjeetjhajj

Feb 14, 2021
H

Eligibility - passed
Criminality - passed
Security - passed

[/QUOTE
Hi , can you please tell us , what kind of documents they asked for relationship assessment’
Thank you

Meenu Manpreet gill

Oct 13, 2020
I just talk to an IRCC agent .my application has no progress at all.it is still background is in progress but eligibility and security not started yet.agent told me that Outland dependents impact the processing of ur file but they are doing it.

Reactions: shredder