+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

nwachuku

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hey guys, I got my COPR on May 14th, 2021 but my wife who is an outland dependent has not gotten her PPR letter yet. Can she submit her passport for stamping with my COPR and other information (passport, digital photo, etc)? Does anyone know who has tried this before and if it worked? I am losing my mind

MZH224

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-10-2020
AOR Received.
14-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Hi Guys, Just an update.

Both me and my wife got the portal confirmation email today. I am a CEC inland applcant with 1 dependent. My wife was outland when I applied and came here in Canada couple of months ago.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hi Guys, Just an update.

Both me and my wife got the portal confirmation email today. I am a CEC inland applcant with 1 dependent. My wife was outland when I applied and came here in Canada couple of months ago.
Did you bring your wife on work permit?

Krunal P

Nov 3, 2020
Hey guys, I got my COPR on May 14th, 2021 but my wife who is an outland dependent has not gotten her PPR letter yet. Can she submit her passport for stamping with my COPR and other information (passport, digital photo, etc)? Does anyone know who has tried this before and if it worked? I am losing my mind
Your wife County of residency?

creative.dhillon

Dec 27, 2018
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
27-08-2021
Hi Guys, Just an update.

Great.!
So while you applied for PR (as CEC being in Canada), was your wife an outland dependent initially?
If so, once she joined you on SOWP (I presume), you must have raised a webform to update IRCC that she is in Canada, so how soon was her status reflected on your application?

I may land in a similar situation as yours in coming weeks, hence forecasting the moves. I am CEC inland, and wife and child outland dependents for now (applied their SOWP and Student Permit already, in process)

RAMAN253

May 2, 2021
What’s your AOR??

MZH224

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-10-2020
AOR Received.
14-10-2020
Med's Done....
24-11-2020
Great.!
So while you applied for PR (as CEC being in Canada), was your wife an outland dependent initially?
If so, once she joined you on SOWP (I presume), you must have raised a webform to update IRCC that she is in Canada, so how soon was her status reflected on your application?

I may land in a similar situation as yours in coming weeks, hence forecasting the moves. I am CEC inland, and wife and child outland dependents for now (applied their SOWP and Student Permit already, in process)
Yes. She was outland when I submitted the application. Even I was outland. I came back after a 2 months visit back home

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Got portal email. Indand with spouse outland in USA. updated IRCc that spuse travellong to Canada on july 1. AoR , Jan 10,2020.... CN covid pace, CN covid split sprint
Hi, please advise has your spouse been all time in US once you applied for PR? Or she came to US from other country? My family coming to US in July and I want to raise webform to confirm that they are in US . Hoping they will speed up our application.

Yubsco

Star Member
Dec 12, 2020
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-04-2020
AOR Received.
21-05-2020
My case is kinda similar to yours. We got a mail telling us that our PR is almost complete and that the principal applicant will soon get COPR. And that the dependant can submit his passport withing 30 days when the principal applicant got PR. In the mail there where photo specifications and what documents to add when submitting the passport plus a copy of this same mail sent to us. Well we didn't waste time. The next morning June 24 I took my passport straight to my VO and submitted. I assume it's a PPR letter. I pray am right dou

Harrysingh04

Aug 20, 2020
Hey guys. Is someone in a situation like me?
My wife was outland when I applied but she is now in Canada. I have already updated them via web forms. Can I expect a normal processing time or they are going to delay it? Check signature for more.

yasirhashmi15

Sep 19, 2019
@nwachuku From my knowledge, she can't. She needs a passport submission letter which is PPR. You can call IRCC or use web form to ask for a PPR.

Reactions: Usha_gill