+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

does anyone know if we can travel outside of Canada (fully vaccinated) and be allowed to come back in Canada? I have valid work permit and multi entry visa as well..

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hi Guys,

does anyone know if we can travel outside of Canada (fully vaccinated) and be allowed to come back in Canada? I have valid work permit and multi entry visa as well..
Workers who need work permits
Who can enter Canada
You can enter Canada if you’re coming for a non-discretionary purpose. This means you can enter Canada in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/visitors-workers-students#workers

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Workers who need work permits
Who can enter Canada
You can enter Canada if you’re coming for a non-discretionary purpose. This means you can enter Canada in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets allof the following:
https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/visitors-workers-students#workers
Thanks! I did see that.. My medical has expired - I guess I should go and do it again?

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Thanks! I did see that.. My medical has expired - I guess I should go and do it again?
You would be a returning Worker. So, do we need a medical to return if we travel? To the best of my knowledge this issue is for first time travelers to Canada. Our PR file does not effect us traveling as a worker in and out of country.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
You would be a returning Worker. So, do we need a medical to return if we travel? To the best of my knowledge this issue is for first time travelers to Canada. Our PR file does not effect us traveling as a worker in and out of country.
That's what I thought but... I am not sure how what works nowadays and I really want to see my daughter smh...

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
Hello, My overseas spouse and I received our CoPR today. My spouse's passport has also been dispatched from VFS global. He should probably receive it by tomorrow. We also received a letter of travel restrictions that said that he cannot travel if the CoPR was issued after March 18, 2020. Does anyone know if the travel restrictions have been lifted or not?

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hello, My overseas spouse and I received our CoPR today. My spouse's passport has also been dispatched from VFS global. He should probably receive it by tomorrow. We also received a letter of travel restrictions that said that he cannot travel if the CoPR was issued after March 18, 2020. Does anyone know if the travel restrictions have been lifted or not?
Congrats!! Thats great - what's your AOR?

He can travel: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2021/06/individuals-approved-for-permanent-residence-may-travel-to-canada-as-of-june-21.html

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Mine is beginning of January 2020 lol
I called today - She said everything is passed including security - I asked if dependent is causing delay-She said No....
I called today as my medical is expiring tomorrow ..she seemed pretty hopeful that the people stuck in our case should see an outcome pretty soon. But it all comes down to how soon lol ..