+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Sonia23

Sep 24, 2020
Hi,
Did you add your spouse to your application while application was already in process ? I did receive the same relationship assessment questionnaire. But in my case, my application was submitted for me as PA and Spouse as outland dependent. Not sure why are they asking for questionnaire. I had already submitted marriage certificate and photos etc with my original application.

I submitted webform asking clarity of why they need these documents. Do you think/suggest to submit these documents ? or wait for response on webform ?

your response is appreciated.
[/QUOTE
When was your AOR

Nov 21, 2020
A very interesting document was posted yesterday by the House of Commons with a bunch of recommendations to the IRCC:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Content/Committee/432/CIMM/Reports/RP11312743/cimmrp05/cimmrp05-e.pdf
Our brief is linked as one of many related items there:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/StudyActivity?studyActivityId=10963216
Thanks for sharing the link - I think there is some progress. The committee has made some interesting recommendations to IRCC. It's up to IRCC now to make changes to the system.

While it's hard to read everything, to those who haven't read - I would suggest doing a search and find in the document (Ctrl + F) on the word 'Spouse' and reviewing the text.

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
CEC Inland FEB 2020 AOR, got married in India Jan 2021, requested to add my spouse to my application and submitted her documents in April

Yesterday, I got ADR Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats).........

Anybody else got this?

kavish.shaikh1

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Looking at previous posts in this topic, it looks like they are just buying time and putting it on us that we did not submit a complete application for adding our spouse to our application... pssst!

They might take this information and return back to us in 2 months asking for another ADR. I am sick of waiting.

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Looking at previous posts in this topic, it looks like they are just buying time and putting it on us that we did not submit a complete application for adding our spouse to our application... pssst!

They might take this information and return back to us in 2 months asking for another ADR. I am sick of waiting.
At least your file is touched and there is some movement. Some us us don't have any ADR or any sign that file is moving. So follow IRCC's circus and hope good news is on the way.

nurzohra

Star Member
Jul 11, 2016
CEC Inland FEB 2020 AOR, got married in India Jan 2021, requested to add my spouse to my application and submitted her documents in April

Yesterday, I got ADR Please provide a completed Principal Applicant Relationship Assessment Questionnaire & Spouse Relationship Assessment Questionnaire (attached).

Describe the development of your relationship, including the following details:
a. First contact with your spouse/common-law partner (i.e., when and where)
b. Provide timeline of dates, photos, and documentation of events in which you both participated in, such as trips and outings.
c. Have you visited each other during your relationship? (i.e., when and where)
d. How do you communicate when not together? (e.g., phone, email, online chats).........

Anybody else got this?
Yes, I received it too 2 weeks ago.

shredder

Star Member
Jun 14, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
11-09-2020
LANDED..........
27-04-2022
Thanks for sharing the link - I think there is some progress. The committee has made some interesting recommendations to IRCC. It's up to IRCC now to make changes to the system.

While it's hard to read everything, to those who haven't read - I would suggest doing a search and find in the document (Ctrl + F) on the word 'Spouse' and reviewing the text.
You are welcome!
Seeing this document with all the recommendations is better than an infinite silence with no updates from the IRCC.

Ash2806

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
Ok, guys - I want to give some hope! I called IRCC today to know whats happening since i passed on my information to prove my residential address. The agent said everything is passed and looking good and they are finalizing the application. I don't know how long that will take. But note, in the portal I still see basic update saying we are reviewing your eligibility!

Reactions: shredder

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Why did they ask for marriage certificate, didn’t you provide it in the beginning or you got married after AOR
i did but they still asked for it again