+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

tajindertj

Jul 18, 2016
AOR Received.
22-03-2020
Hello everyone,
@legalfalcon
I just received message(on cic account) regarding to my wife's re-medical.
AOR 1st October 2020
My wife's upfront medical-11 August 2020
Medical passed on 4th November 2020

And they requested to redo medical before it expiry date.

Is there anything to worry about?
PA - Inland
Spouse- outland
Did u add your wife in the beginning of application or u added her later?

Harnek saini

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
I am not PNP holder. I am on close WP but my employer is not extending my duration in canada at this moment though my close work permit is valid till August 2022.
Then you do one thing just order gcms note. If you think your pr application is almost complete. Then, dont accompany your spouse or dependent in your application. By this ircc will finalize your application and make decisions on it. Afterwards, you apply for your wife and kids under spousal sponsorship. This will help you to secure your staus and permanent residence. At this time going outside is not safe in your case. Hope this information will help you.

Sumit0781

Mar 5, 2021
Then you do one thing just order gcms note. If you think your pr application is almost complete. Then, dont accompany your spouse or dependent in your application. By this ircc will finalize your application and make decisions on it. Afterwards, you apply for your wife and kids under spousal sponsorship. This will help you to secure your staus and permanent residence. At this time going outside is not safe in your case. Hope this information will help you.
I received GCMS note recently in 1st week of April. As per GCMS note, My all sections passed by officer. Not sure at this moment is it possible to withdraw dependents from the application? only worried for my arranged employment 50 points as after everything approved in my file, still will they reduce the score in my profile if i go back after around 1 year waiting from AOR date.

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Update:
AOR: Jan 17, 2021
Biometrics: 8 February (inland); 11 March (outland spouse)
No updates after that on CIC website, so called IRCC today:
"All stages passed". But they reemphasized on call that outland spouse cases will be on hold for foreseeable future.
So frustating.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Update:
AOR: Jan 17, 2021
Biometrics: 8 February (inland); 11 March (outland spouse)
No updates after that on CIC website, so called IRCC today:
"All stages passed". But they reemphasized on call that outland spouse cases will be on hold for foreseeable future.
So frustrating.
been in this situation since beginning of March. Honestly, I just don't the sense get of keeping a file on hold if all stages have passed. People are travelling anyways if they think holding our files will reduce the covid . extreme level of Incompetency

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
been in this situation since beginning of March. Honestly, I just don't the sense get of keeping a file on hold if all stages have passed. People are travelling anyways if they think holding our files will reduce the covid . extreme level of Incompetency
Its more due to uncertainty rather than incompetency. The covid-related rules were created haphazardly and in the process, some people got lucky and others got unlucky. Unfortunately, we are the unlucky ones. The rules are so stupid that I have seen entire families walking into Canada on work permit right in the middle of covid crisis so easily, but somehow our spouses are a danger.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Its more due to uncertainty rather than incompetency. The covid-related rules were created haphazardly and in the process, some people got lucky and others got unlucky. Unfortunately, we are the unlucky ones. The rules are so stupid that I have seen entire families walking into Canada on work permit right in the middle of covid crisis so easily, but somehow our spouses are a danger.
They could least issue us PR and then allow the spouses to travel once restrictions are eased.
But they want us to apply for work permit extension so that some extra revenue can be generated

royarnab

Star Member
Mar 14, 2021
Hi folks what is the reason of holding the outland spouse applications ??? I dont know the process if my spouse gets the copr is there any timeline in which she has to come to canada?

Bmk_

Apr 24, 2021
Greetings,
Had been following the thread for a couple months now. Firstly, for the people having really tough time, I would encourage to keep believing, you are not alone and are the strength of those waiting to see you and vice versa. Covid hurt our years but let's hope this is the last of them and we get to live with our family for the rest of our lives. Secondly, I am looking up to you people for sincere piece of advice. So, here is my profile;

CEC - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT (Applied Feb, 2020)
DEPENDENT: WIFE (OUTLAND), NEVER BEEN TO CANADA AND HER VISIT VISA WAS REFUSED BEFORE WE APPLIED FOR PR

Currently, I am on open work permit that expires in less than two months.

I applied for GCMS notes but it's been more than 45 days and I haven't got them yet.

Now,I am going to apply for bridging open work permit(BOWP) and was wondering if I am able to, and if so, should I add my wife to the application for spousal open work permit (SOWP)?

Also, any further comments would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Reactions: iravlad

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Greetings,
Had been following the thread for a couple months now. Firstly, for the people having really tough time, I would encourage to keep believing, you are not alone and are the strength of those waiting to see you and vice versa. Covid hurt our years but let's hope this is the last of them and we get to live with our family for the rest of our lives. Secondly, I am looking up to you people for sincere piece of advice. So, here is my profile;

CEC - PRINCIPAL APPLICANT (Applied Feb, 2020)
DEPENDENT: WIFE (OUTLAND), NEVER BEEN TO CANADA AND HER VISIT VISA WAS REFUSED BEFORE WE APPLIED FOR PR

Currently, I am on open work permit that expires in less than two months.

I applied for GCMS notes but it's been more than 45 days and I haven't got them yet.

Now,I am going to apply for bridging open work permit(BOWP) and was wondering if I am able to, and if so, should I add my wife to the application for spousal open work permit (SOWP)?

Also, any further comments would be much appreciated,

Thanks
yes add your wife as accompany. then apply for travel exemption for her

Mehroj

Star Member
Mar 6, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Med's Done....
Upfront
Hi guys, does this mean everything passed, except Security? And the application is put on hold because of covid? Btw, I have outland dependents on my application.

The Case Processing Center - Ottawa office is currently reviewing the application and documents submitted to determine if the applicant and their family members (if applicable) meet the eligibility requirements under the class for which they have applied.

the eligibility requirements assessment was finalized on April 10, 2021.

The medical examination results are on file and valid for the applicants.

The criminality verifications are currently valid for the applicants.

The security verifications have not been initiated for the applicants.

Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can’t provide you with accurate processing times for this application. Rest assured that we understand how important this process is for the applicant and are making all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.