+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
Unfortunately no one knows. So far I haven't seen any application where one receive COPR and the other(s) don't. But we have to take into consideration that many applicants never posts in forums and such...
So we'll never really know.
This is so frustrating! I see some posting that they receive COPR for primary inland with outland dependents too. Kind of depends on the officer I think.. Not really sure.. But this wait is so painful. Not sure if I need to apply TRV now ( if i had to travel).

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
This is so frustrating! I see some posting that they receive COPR for primary inland with outland dependents too. Kind of depends on the officer I think.. Not really sure.. But this wait is so painful. Not sure if I need to apply TRV now ( if i had to travel).
And one case is different than the other, the scenario could be the same but every application is unique and doesn’t necessarily apply to the other.
At this point I don’t even know what to do anymore than just sit and wait. I have exhausted all my options

Reactions: candlelight

Ilya127

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Toronto
I believe since the start of pandemic just a few have gotten the COPR being an Inland with Outland dependant...
Honestly, I believe it does impact the application if you have dependants outside...
Most people in this situation are trying to get their dependants to Canada in order to update their address and then get the COPR..
I had bad experience trying to get TRVs for my spouse and child. They were refused twice to join me in Canada. When we apply for TRV they look for guarantee that residence will be temporary and family members will return home after a temporary stay. They are checking for ties with country of origin and if we applied for immigration. Actually officer wrote us in a letter of refusal that he is not satisfied that they will return home and suspect us as potential illegal immigrants. For them what is happening now is the best scenario. I am having spouse and child in home country like hostages and as guarantee that I will leave Canada if something will go wrong with our applications, and they are not allowed to join me as my ties with home country may weaken. This frustrates a lot as we are law abiding persons and would never stay anywhere illegally. There is no value for us in such immigration. Never thought that finding a job in Canada would lead to such a disaster.

Shansky07

Oct 3, 2020
Hi, CEC Inland wit outland dependents scenario - Are they keeping the inland applicants on hold without issuing COPR still ? I called the agent and they said that dependents outland wont impact COPR approvals for inland. Is it true?
In my case I am the primary applicant inside Canada. My application for PR was approve last year May 2020 but my outland dependent up to now did not receive his copr and passport request. So frustrating..

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
In my case I am the primary applicant inside Canada. My application for PR was approve last year May 2020 but my outland dependent up to now did not receive his copr and passport request. So frustrating..
Oh! So did you receive COPR/PR? i did not know that they can issue COPR for inlander's and put on hold for outlanders. What does the agent say if you call them checking for your dependent status?

Shansky07

Oct 3, 2020
Oh! So did you receive COPR/PR? i did not know that they can issue COPR for inlander's and put on hold for outlanders. What does the agent say if you call them checking for your dependent status?
Yeah I am PR now with PR card. And If i ask about my dependent they always say still on process or no landing at the moment because of corona virus.

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
At least you as PA have your PR approved. Comparing to the later cases that both PA and dependencies are in limbo, it is a relief.

Reactions: F@l

Ankitbeladiya

Dec 21, 2020
Can you apply for visitor or work visa for your dependent? I am thinking of applying for visitor or sowp for my spouse but I m not PR yet (in progress all stages passed waiting for final approval) and my workpermit will expire in August 2021. What do u suggest should I Try?

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
Hi.. Anyone in this group applied for SOWP for outland spouse in India. If can share your timelines??

Reactions: A1495

Dragonsoul

Star Member
Oct 20, 2020
Category........
PNP
I had bad experience trying to get TRVs for my spouse and child. They were refused twice to join me in Canada. When we apply for TRV they look for guarantee that residence will be temporary and family members will return home after a temporary stay. They are checking for ties with country of origin and if we applied for immigration. Actually officer wrote us in a letter of refusal that he is not satisfied that they will return home and suspect us as potential illegal immigrants. For them what is happening now is the best scenario. I am having spouse and child in home country like hostages and as guarantee that I will leave Canada if something will go wrong with our applications, and they are not allowed to join me as my ties with home country may weaken. This frustrates a lot as we are law abiding persons and would never stay anywhere illegally. There is no value for us in such immigration. Never thought that finding a job in Canada would lead to such a disaster.
Something similar happened to me, I have a daughter out of Canada (the rest of the family is here) but she is included in our MPNP application (processing for a year by now). She holds a visitor visa but they have denied her twice the student visa with the same argument (ties to Canada). They refused as well an authorization letter I requested for her to come and visit us during Covid. The agent told us she will be able to come just when they finalized our PR applications and come to a decision. Regardless of the fact she holds a visitor visa, the agent also told us if she tries to come to Canada as a visitor even after Covid there is a chance they will turn her back to our home country because of that. It has been a year by now we have not been able o see her. Just ridiculous.

• Sad
Reactions: F@l and Ilya127

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon I just received the GCMS note applied last month. It seems that after passing the criminality check last month, IRCC listed my case into one more group (not a special group) named HSE besides the previously added special group PRBIO (I guess this is for exempting biometrics for the applicants who previously gave it). Do you know if this HSE group has something to do with my case that the PA is in Canada while the dependent is outland? Thanks a lot.

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Can you apply for visitor or work visa for your dependent? I am thinking of applying for visitor or sowp for my spouse but I m not PR yet (in progress all stages passed waiting for final approval) and my workpermit will expire in August 2021. What do u suggest should I Try?
You can apply for either or but it’s not guaranteed that you will get the visitor visa approved soon. I am in the same scenario, I applied for my spouse visitor visa January 4th, no response or update whatsoever. My PGWP is expiring July 2021 and once I renew it next month I am going to include my spouse. At this point I have nothing to lose. Just trying anything that would work.
PR application all stages already passed, just waiting for Final Decision

candlelight

Dec 12, 2019
You can apply for either or but it’s not guaranteed that you will get the visitor visa approved soon. I am in the same scenario, I applied for my spouse visitor visa January 4th, no response or update whatsoever. My PGWP is expiring July 2021 and once I renew it next month I am going to include my spouse. At this point I have nothing to lose. Just trying anything that would work.
PR application all stages already passed, just waiting for Final Decision
PR application all stages already passed, just waiting for Final Decision - Whats your AOR? since when are you waiting for the final decision?

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
PR application all stages already passed, just waiting for Final Decision - Whats your AOR? since when are you waiting for the final decision?
AOR June 13, 2020, all the stages are passed since December 16. Called IRCC call centre last Friday and they told me everything is already been completed just waiting for that final decision