+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Agreed!

For some reason I received a ghost update last night even though all stages are passed since mid-March. Anyone else who got the ghost update?
I also recieved ghost updates last night for my trv application, mine and hubby's pr application, and hubby's visitor visa application (he is outland). I hope and pray these ghost updates turn into good news this week.

Nov 21, 2020
I also recieved ghost updates last night for my trv application, mine and hubby's pr application, and hubby's visitor visa application (he is outland). I hope and pray these ghost updates turn into good news this week.
Oh wow! So either they've really started working on our applications or it was a technical glitch :D

I will call them tomorrow morning to see if there are any updates at their end.

Moazali6

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Agreed!

For some reason I received a ghost update last night even though all stages are passed since mid-March. Anyone else who got the ghost update?
No I didn’t do it seems like there must have been some development with your application.. hopefully you get it soon and gives a further ray of hope that they have started to finalize our application
Keep us updated
Thanks

Reactions: F@l

ankelpab

Feb 10, 2021
I saw in my GCMS notes and also IRCC agent told me that my PR got approved. Even they generated CoPR but not issued. I can see the CoPR document# and expiry date in my GCMS notes.

tutuapp 9apps showbox

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2020
No I didn’t do it seems like there must have been some development with your application.. hopefully you get it soon and gives a further ray of hope that they have started to finalize our application
Keep us updated
Thanks
For sure I'll keep you posted. Our AORs are about 10 days apart so hoping that we both get it soon.

KosmaMore

Sep 16, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am an inland PA with an outland spouse(my wife never travelled to Canada) having an AOR of 10th July 2020.

In my GCMS notes, I see security is still remaining for us and eligibility is under review(submitted Federal PR from Quebec region). From GCMS notes, it feels like the officer is convinced with the intention of moving out of Quebec.

However, after reading this thread I got a bit concerned as ~8 months have passed and yet nothing has been updated on my application.

We have not applied for any visa for my spouse yet because
1) since my application is from Quebec, if my spouse is to get any visa address will be of Montreal and we have a strong intent to move out of Quebec so we don't want the officer reviewing our PR to raise any further questions
2) If I apply visitor visa for my wife, will that be something convincing for the visa officer not to raise any concerns knowing our Quebec situation? and will a visitor visa be a good option to consider in this case?

Regards,
Kosma

Nov 21, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I am an inland PA with an outland spouse(my wife never travelled to Canada) having an AOR of 10th July 2020.

In my GCMS notes, I see security is still remaining for us and eligibility is under review(submitted Federal PR from Quebec region). From GCMS notes, it feels like the officer is convinced with the intention of moving out of Quebec.

However, after reading this thread I got a bit concerned as ~8 months have passed and yet nothing has been updated on my application.

We have not applied for any visa for my spouse yet because
1) since my application is from Quebec, if my spouse is to get any visa address will be of Montreal and we have a strong intent to move out of Quebec so we don't want the officer reviewing our PR to raise any further questions
2) If I apply visitor visa for my wife, will that be something convincing for the visa officer not to raise any concerns knowing our Quebec situation? and will a visitor visa be a good option to consider in this case?

Regards,
Kosma
1) When/if you apply for work permit - it has a question on where in Canada do you plan to reside, you can choose any other province than Quebec
2) Visitor visa or work permits are processed by a separate office and assessed using a different criteria.

I assume you are on a work permit. Why not apply for a work permit? IRCC is currently processing work permits for spouses

KosmaMore

Sep 16, 2018
1) When/if you apply for work permit - it has a question on where in Canada do you plan to reside, you can choose any other province than Quebec
2) Visitor visa or work permits are processed by a separate office and assessed using a different criteria.

I assume you are on a work permit. Why not apply for a work permit? IRCC is currently processing work permits for spouses

Thank you for your reply. Work permit I am not applying because I am on a closed work permit right now. So my spouse's work permit will be based on my current job(I think they'll see that I am calling my wife to Quebec). On which I have told IRCC that once I receive my PR, I will leave my job and move out of Quebec.

so not sure if that can lead to conflicts in declarations. My intention is to leave my job once I receive my PR and then arrange travel for my wife to Canada.

Also - during my PR itself I had a work permit extension in process on which IRCC raised a question that if you want to move out of Quebec why did you apply for an extension of WP. I had a situation so I was able to convince them but if I go for my wife's work permit I think they'll be able to see it linked with the UCI of my wife. so I'm just concerned that my application may be treated as a non-genuine one. that's why I haven't considered applying for my wife's work permit.

Last edited:

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hi Could you please tell me what is trv and how to apply for it?

Zeekeem

Star Member
Apr 14, 2020
Hi Could you please tell me what is trv and how to apply for it?
Trv is temporary resident visa (a stamped visa on your passport for re-entry back into Canada if you decide to leave). You can apply for it if you've got a valid study/work permit or mostly after extensions of those permit. It can be done online through your ircc gckey account.

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Hi all,

I am n big trouble. please help me urgently. I have only 26 days left to submit my application.
Here is my case:
We just got my wife's dependent work visa and she lives in India.
I just realize that the names of my wife's parents have been interchanged by mistakely in the family info form in her work visa application.
As this is incorrect information, how am I supposed to correct it during my express entry application? Please advise. Thank you so much for any guidance you can give.

Ash2806

Star Member
Apr 13, 2021
I saw in my GCMS notes and also IRCC agent told me that my PR got approved. Even they generated CoPR but not issued. I can see the CoPR document# and expiry date in my GCMS notes.
Hi when did you apply and do you have an outland spouse?