+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

Shivaprasad94

Star Member
May 22, 2020
AOR is 28 jan 2021.. primary applicant is in Canada..dependent’s were in India at the time of submission.. however they landed in Canada on feb 2021... do I have to update this travel info with IRCC
Yes you have to update to IRCC AND UPDATE THE DEPENDENTS ADDRESS

LeoG1992

Apr 11, 2021
What IRCC does or their policies are, I cannot comment on that.

IRCC is continuing to issue PPRs to outland dependents, and also once the PA becomes a PR, after the signed COPR is issued, the dependent spouse and children are exempt from travel restrictions as they are immediate family members.

They can travel to Canada, and after their address is changed, they may be eligible to get a COPR without having to worry about the PPR.
I am a PA inland and my wife is outland, she has a valid pr visa and COPR but due to the travel restriction she cannot come.
I had the landing interview last year with local CIC office but got cancelled due to covid. then I tried to contact them to land me but they just replied "Regarding your application, as your dependents are overseas, the application will be placed on hold as we are only processing applications for Permanent Residency if all family members are in Canada."
I don't think they will land PA and make dependent exempt, or do I understand this wrong?

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am a PA inland and my wife is outland, she has a valid pr visa and COPR but due to the travel restriction she cannot come.
I had the landing interview last year with local CIC office but got cancelled due to covid. then I tried to contact them to land me but they just replied "Regarding your application, as your dependents are overseas, the application will be placed on hold as we are only processing applications for Permanent Residency if all family members are in Canada."
I don't think they will land PA and make dependent exempt, or do I understand this wrong?
This is so sad. So they are not releasing the COPR for the PA as well?

LeoG1992

Apr 11, 2021
This is so sad. So they are not releasing the COPR for the PA as well?
They are not issuing me the copr since I am inland, and then the even worse part is, I applied for my EEPNP in Oct 2018, from the notes, no one looked at my profile for a whole year, and when they started processing it, the covid starts.
My original landing interview was March 30th 2020, so just 12 days after the restriction, have to pay for re-medical, pay for extending my work permit twice already, and I have not seen my wife since our wedding
I feel like they are punishing me for getting married

Reactions: Walle_007

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
They are not issuing me the copr since I am inland, and then the even worse part is, I applied for my EEPNP in Oct 2018, from the notes, no one looked at my profile for a whole year, and when they started processing it, the covid starts.
My original landing interview was March 30th 2020, so just 12 days after the restriction, have to pay for re-medical, pay for extending my work permit twice already, and I have not seen my wife since our wedding
I feel like they are punishing me for getting married
This is really sad.Don’t know what they are doing

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
If you never received your COPR and did your landing, you are not a PR yet.

However, your immediate family can still apply for an exemption to travel by requesting an authorisation letter.

LeoG1992

Apr 11, 2021
If you never received your COPR and did your landing, you are not a PR yet.

However, your immediate family can still apply for an exemption to travel by requesting an authorisation letter.
Ya they cancelled my landing, and I probably already had 10 emails ask about her authorization letter, waited for 15 days each, no response to any. Not even refusal. I am pretty sure the docs I put in the email is complete. Anything else I can do other than waiting?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

LeoG1992

Apr 11, 2021
IRCC is sending COPRs with outland dependents, it is just on a slower basis.
she already has copr, but cannot come to canada to validate copr due to border restrictions. The thing they are not issuing is overseas dependant Authorization letter.

Kumaran1

Apr 4, 2021
she already has copr, but cannot come to canada to validate copr due to border restrictions. The thing they are not issuing is overseas dependant Authorization letter.
Hi, i am also in a similar situation. My outland dependant got copr last year but i am still waiting for my copr in Canada. When did your spouse got copr?

LeoG1992

Apr 11, 2021
Hi, i am also in a similar situation. My outland dependant got copr last year but i am still waiting for my copr in Canada. When did your spouse got copr?
April 2020, it was expired last Oct and I sent an email asking for landing me, and they asked both of us redo our medical and then sent me a general letter stating they only land applicants whose whole family is in Canada. they sent another renewed COPR to her this February and it is valid to the end of the year

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Your dependent cannot land before the PA lands. Your dependents can apply for a visitor's visa and travel if they can obtain the authorisation letter.

Reactions: Shivaprasad94