+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Principal Applicant (Inland) Dependent (Outland) during COVID-19

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
Hopefully they start processing our applications first before bringing these ones. Also, I saw that they are finalizing files that were received between May 31 to June 6.
I wonder if its for all the applications or single CEC inland
Only sinlge CEC inland most likely. It doesn't seem like they are processing outland spouse cases from 2020 or 21 at all.

Reactions: Moazali6
Nov 21, 2020
Further update - I explained that we submitted the brief and would like to know the outcome.

Their response is:

I would suggest contacting the committee via its email here:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Contact
And/or any of its Members here:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Members
The committee staff or Member staff should be able to help you out.

@iravlad - I believe you submitted the brief to the committee, correct?
Can you please ask the person to whom you submitted the response of the committee?
Contacted the committee. Here is their response :(

Thank you for your email. Meeting #23 was a private meeting so the audio and transcript will not be made public. We have published your organization’s brief to the committee website under the study of the impact of COVID-19 on the immigration system. The committee has not further considered your brief beyond the committee’s study. Please let us know if you require additional information.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: Nneoma.muna and F@l

F@l

Star Member
Nov 26, 2020
Contacted the committee. Here is their response :(

Thank you for your email. Meeting #23 was a private meeting so the audio and transcript will not be made public. We have published your organization’s brief to the committee website under the study of the impact of COVID-19 on the immigration system. The committee has not further considered your brief beyond the committee’s study. Please let us know if you require additional information.
This is just heartbreaking I really can’t take this disappointment anymore

iravlad

Star Member
Sep 22, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
October 2019
Further update - I explained that we submitted the brief and would like to know the outcome.

Their response is:

I would suggest contacting the committee via its email here:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Contact
And/or any of its Members here:
https://www.ourcommons.ca/Committees/en/CIMM/Members
The committee staff or Member staff should be able to help you out.

@iravlad - I believe you submitted the brief to the committee, correct?
Can you please ask the person to whom you submitted the response of the committee?
This Monday I emailed the Committee and had such an answer. http://instagr.am/p/CNml_SGIH3X/ I guess, we both emailed the same person at the Committee

Leif-Erik Aune

Committee Clerk/Greffier de comités
Standing Committee on Citizenship and Immigration/Comité permanent de la citoyenneté et de l'immigration
House of Commons / Chambre des communes
131 Queen Street, 6th Floor
CIMM@parl.gc.ca
Desk: 613-995-8525

Ankitbeladiya

Dec 21, 2020
@legalfalcon what are your take aways from yesterday's announcement by Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino for this group(CEC applicant with outland dependents)? Do you have any speculations for us when IRCC will start finalizing our applications? I have lost all my hopes as of now and thinking of resigning my job and go back to home country until I get my PR.

MY Application timeline.

AOR 29 June 2020
All stages passed - 4th Feb 2021
I am primary applicant and my wife is dependent and she is outland.

What is your advise for this group?

Thank you for your time and response.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
@legalfalcon what are your take aways from yesterday's announcement by Immigration Minister Marco Mendicino for this group(CEC applicant with outland dependents)? Do you have any speculations for us when IRCC will start finalizing our applications? I have lost all my hopes as of now and thinking of resigning my job and go back to home country until I get my PR.

MY Application timeline.

AOR 29 June 2020

I am no legalfalcon but, don't give up!

My timeline is:

AOR 11 Jan 2020
All stages passed - September, 2020
I am primary applicant and my daughter is dependent and she is outland.

Stay strong..

Last edited:

sumitsaurav

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
I am no legalfalcon but, don't give up!

My timeline is:

AOR 11 Jan 2020
All stages passed - 9th of September, 2020
I am primary applicant and my daughter is dependent and she is outland.

Stay strong..
@legalfalcon just have one query i see couple of my colleagues in the same condition primary inland and dependent outland but some of them received copr but not the spouse.Why IRCc is doing like this?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016

MY Application timeline.

AOR 29 June 2020

I do not speculate and immigration is law, not speculation.

Yesterday's announcement has no impact on the immigration as such, just that IRCC has moved its focus on applicants already in Canada to meet its targets. Also, the policy is temporary, starting May and will end in November.

All other applications will continue to progress, subject to travel restrictions and COVID issues.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon just have one query i see couple of my colleagues in the same condition primary inland and dependent outland but some of them received copr but not the spouse.Why IRCc is doing like this?
Outland spouses have to be sent PPR, and then the COPR is issued. If not done so it will be issued in due course.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon yes correct.But why are they doing in such way releasing ppr for few applicants and holding for others (inland and outland) the rule should be applicable to everyone.
What IRCC does or their policies are, I cannot comment on that.

IRCC is continuing to issue PPRs to outland dependents, and also once the PA becomes a PR, after the signed COPR is issued, the dependent spouse and children are exempt from travel restrictions as they are immediate family members.

They can travel to Canada, and after their address is changed, they may be eligible to get a COPR without having to worry about the PPR.

ppriya3

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
AOR is 28 jan 2021.. primary applicant is in Canada..dependent’s were in India at the time of submission.. however they landed in Canada on feb 2021... do I have to update this travel info with IRCC

anisha1992

Oct 20, 2020
AOR is 28 jan 2021.. primary applicant is in Canada..dependent’s were in India at the time of submission.. however they landed in Canada on feb 2021... do I have to update this travel info with IRCC
Hi, How did they land? Which visa did they apply?