+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Prepare an interview

Dec 22, 2009
helo guys,

i am also new here , let me share my case with you,

i sent docs to NS in june and rcvd and email with file# on 15 sep.
now the dead line to submit my dox to Islamabad is 15 jan, i am bit afraid that if they give me 20 points for my eduction the i will be out of game becouse if i get 22 points the i will be able to get exactly 67 .
see below the details.

Education;
i have done my MBA from a HEC recognised university RIPHAH INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
my problem is that i have 16 years of education and i am not sure that if i will be able to get 22 points, plz advise

matric 10 years
fsc 2 years
bsc 2 years
mba 2 years,
total 16 years

education 22 point
age 10 points
exp 21 points
Ielts 10 point
spouse education 4 points

total 67,

also my wife has a gap of one year between her BSC and master so i am stil not sure that how many points would they award

CAN ANY BODY FROM SENIOR ADVISE THAT IF I WILL BE ABLE TO HIT EXACTLY 67 POINTS WITH ABOVE DETAILS

JAGGA DAKU

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/index.asp

That is the official tool from the government of Canada that will calculate your exact points.

khanbaba

Dec 20, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30-06-2011
daku sahib
u will get exactly 67 points because u have masters degree. cic says that f u hve 16 years of education but ur degree is masters then u will get 22 points and f u have 16 years of education and ur degree is bachelors then u will get 20 points.
i am also having the same position. the difference is that i have 19 points in experience but 12 in IELTS.

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My interview experience:

I was called for an interview on 3rd Dec 2009. I have applied under FSW NOC 0213 (IT Manager). From what I have experienced and observed, they call for interviews only when there is some clarification needed. I did prepare all the questions given in the first thread here but at the same time was ready to make sure I have all the answers regarding any possible clarification. I actually knew that it was for my Master's Degree they were calling since they already sent me a letter once regarding their doubt over my Master's degree.

Anyways, I went for the interview. After the usual security checkups I then waited for my turn in the reception hall. I was expecting a Canadian office to interview me. But, I was called for an interview by an Indian lady. Now, I have observed that these officers are generally polite and look forward to get to-the-point answers to get rid of the doubts. I have always followed this and I will advice everyone else to follow the rule - NEVER LIE. I went in there and she told me that I have been called for clarification over my Master's degree. She wanted clarification over the whereabouts of my college etc. So, I had some evidences from online resources and they seem to have worked. I had misplaced my fee receipts that had the address of college. Anyways, so after asking me about it, she then started to ask about my Bachelor degree, my professional experience etc. It was just a normal chit chat kind of session. I have been working as a freelancer since 2007. But, somehow it has slipped from my mind to submit references of my freelance work. So she asked me for it and I said I am sorry I don't have them with me right now but I can provide them if I am given some time. She thought over it and told me that I should have brought them with me, to which I agreed. Then i requested again and she then agreed on that. She said that she believes that I have been working as a freelancer since I cannot sit idle since 2007. She just needs documents to put in the file. I said there is no problem and I will send the references in few days. So, that was my interview.

I then sent my references and on 31st December I got the request for medicals and passport.

asmi

Jan 16, 2010
interview call

hi!!

I applied for a skilled worker immgration on may 2007 , i recieved a letter from canadaian embassy on 10th of january 2009 , they inform us that they will call us for an interview in coming days but didnt mention date. They will send us letter again , i just want to know if someone knows how much time they take for an interview call after this letter ???

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi asmi,

in my case, they did not send me any mail telling of a future interview schedule but they just sent me an email directly stating the date and time of my interview.

jjadel

Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Oct.2006
Doc's Request.
27 Oct. 2009
Med's Request
13 Oct. 2009
Interview........
6 Oct. 2009
Passport Req..
15 Dec. 2009
VISA ISSUED...
25 Jan. 2010
We did't get prior information either, just got a letter telling us the date of the interview, 60 days from the date of the letter.

mehrdad_rad

Sep 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2009
Doc's Request.
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
18-05-2009
Med's Request
27-10-2009
Med's Done....
18-12-2009
Passport Req..
17-03-2010
Hi everyone

I've received passport req. letter in 17-Mar-2010. Do you know that anybody has a interview after that time? and why?

Arkhan

Feb 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehrdad_rad said:
Hi everyone

I've received passport req. letter in 17-Mar-2010. Do you know that anybody has a interview after that time? and why?
if they had likd to call u for interview that is before passport,,, secondly if they didnt mentioned they will call for interview than thier will b no interview,,, CHC ask for interview before taking final decision if they applicants detail r doubtfull otherwise it is exempt for FSW class.

liherb

Star Member
Jan 18, 2010
Hi mikeramma, I have a quesiton, when should I take IELTS? before I submit my application or after it? Thank you.

mustafa2009

May 2, 2010
Re: interview call

asmi said:
hi!!

I applied for a skilled worker immgration on may 2007 , i recieved a letter from canadaian embassy on 10th of january 2009 , they inform us that they will call us for an interview in coming days but didnt mention date. They will send us letter again , i just want to know if someone knows how much time they take for an interview call after this letter ???
we are March'2007 applicant. we received email from London on 2/02/2010 stated that" an interview will be scheduled . you will be advised once a date is selected" tell now no news

sherin0621

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
no
Med's Request
25/3/2010
Med's Done....
15/4/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
req..24/12/2010 ..sent on 30/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
in process to decision made on 18/1/2011/visa issued on 17th
LANDED..........
planning in march
i have done medical...wil they ask for ielts and interview?

thanks
sherin