+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy support (Mothers Visa)

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Still looking for replies from ppl with personal experiences. Plz reply if you have been through the process yourself and can give direct information... it would be very useful.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Pregnant women (and infants) are considered high risk because they can have a much more serious case of covid and also have contact with the healthcare system. You are asked if there is a vulnerable person (including pregnant women) living in your quarantine location. Your daughter would also be asked if she had any contact with anyone who has travelled in the past 14 days before having any contact with a healthcare worker or entering a healthcare facility. Even if there weren't any quarantine guidelines you should want to protect your daughter and her baby from covid.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/pregnancy-and-covid-19/art-20482639#:~:text=Risks during pregnancy&text=However, pregnancy increases the risk,for Disease Control and Prevention.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/pregnancy-breastfeeding.html
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00578-y
This was not my question. I presume you have not been through the process. Please refrain from replying

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This was not my question. I presume you have not been through the process. Please refrain from replying
I am providing you information that I know about through public health. There is a good reason Canadian officials won't allow people quarantining from being around pregnant women. Your OB should have already discussed these risks with you but if they haven't I would suggest discussing with them or calling public health yourself. You will find that the information I have given is correct.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Oh ok. My parents just finished biometrics in dubai btw coz I heard they are asking for them even with PHAC. If u have time you can try PHAC first.
hey!My parents are in dubai to give biometrics currently and I have a quick question - Can they use the pct test that was taken at dubai airport for their return or shouldwe be taking another test prior to return?

fang21

Apr 17, 2019
You need to apply for compassionate grounds and she can enter without biometrics... whole process takes around 15-30 days. you need to get the approvals from your doctor on "Letter of required support". Myself and many other people got approvals on the same. Let me know incase you need more details.
Hey,

I did get a phac letter of conditional exemption from quarantine. Does that mean I am exempt from the hotel quarantine? I do have a private residence different to that of my child for quarantine.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Hi guys! So I’ve been processing Trv for my parents. They recently gave their biometrics from Dubai. I also submitted PHAC. I have received a PHAC approval letter along with a request for itinerary.

Question: The PHAC letter mentions that it is a single entry visa for 90 days and the itinerary is mandating that we book a direct flight to Canada. 1) Is the “direct flight” always the mandate? I don’t see many direct flights. 2) If I ask my parents to travel via PHAC, will their normal TRV still get processed behind the scene?

Any insight would be appreciated! TIA

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys! So I’ve been processing Trv for my parents. They recently gave their biometrics from Dubai. I also submitted PHAC. I have received a PHAC approval letter along with a request for itinerary.

Question: The PHAC letter mentions that it is a single entry visa for 90 days and the itinerary is mandating that we book a direct flight to Canada. 1) Is the “direct flight” always the mandate? I don’t see many direct flights. 2) If I ask my parents to travel via PHAC, will their normal TRV still get processed behind the scene?

You applied for PHAC not a normal TRV so you only get the single entry visa. Would highly suggest people apply for normal TRV or supervisa for their parents unless there is a true emergency situation where they need to travel urgently.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018

Unfortunately we do need a direct and there are only 1 or 2 options which are quite expensive. They printed the date and flight detail I provided on the single entry document as well (you can provide the itinerary without booking the tickets). I only provided specific answers to the questions they have asked. I'm not sure abt the TRV and had the same question.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
You applied for PHAC not a normal TRV so you only get the single entry visa. Would highly suggest people apply for normal TRV or supervisa for their parents unless there is a true emergency situation where they need to travel urgently.
This is by no means an incorrect PHAC Application. There are situations in pregnancy that call for critical care and PHAC is the only option. I’d appreciate if people can refrain from such comments that are useless.

Like I mentioned I had applied for a normal TRV. I had to apply for PHAC on top of it due to an emergency which physicians here and CIC seem to agree with. I just needed clarification on a couple of things that were requested in the itinerary. If you don’t have answers, please don’t bother to comment.

tharakesh

Apr 3, 2021
Unfortunately we do need a direct and there are only 1 or 2 options which are quite expensive. They printed the date and flight detail I provided on the single entry document as well (you can provide the itinerary without booking the tickets). I only provided specific answers to the questions they have asked. I'm not sure abt the TRV and had the same question.
Ah that helps, thank you so much! So once we provide the itinerary, we will receive asingle entry travel document with the itinerary printed? Again, would be nice to know how strict they are on us following the dates/flights incase we aren’t able to book the same flights/dates. And I’m assuming since its valid for 90 days but we only provide a <30 day itinerary, we can reschedule the return flight if required in the future.

ritikachhalani

Jul 1, 2018
Ah that helps, thank you so much! So once we provide the itinerary, we will receive asingle entry travel document with the itinerary printed? Again, would be nice to know how strict they are on us following the dates/flights incase we aren’t able to book the same flights/dates. And I’m assuming since its valid for 90 days but we only provide a <30 day itinerary, we can reschedule the return flight if required in the future.
I have the same dilemma and had contacted IRCC for clarification. They asked me to email travel exemptions regarding my query but I have not received a reply. As of now I am trying to stick to the provided itenary, if you are able to gather more info on this it would be very useful

Reactions: tharakesh

RVARMA

Apr 15, 2021

If we have the phac letter , do we still need the written authorization to travel ?