+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy, Delivery and no Healthcard in ON

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You can either hire through an agency or privately and then you will have to set them up as your employee so you will have to set up various deductions to the government.

Here are some approximate costs depending on how many hours you need as live out:
I am going through this right now and the cost is out of reach for us. I wish I had known just how much. We are in Scarborough and looking for someone for 45 hours per week from 8:15am to 5:15pm. Nannies quote you a weekly rate which is NET not GROSS and also a TTC pass which is an additional $141.50 per month.

Here are the weekly rates NET and what that means to you as an employer (wage, CPP employer & employee deductions, EI employer & employee deductions & WSIB). I had someone figure this out for me and these were the numbers they provided as they say they are asked all the time.

$550 NET = $751 Employer/week = $39,052 Employer/year + TTC Pass
$600 NET = $829 Employer/week = $43,108 Employer/year + TTC Pass
$650 NET = $905 Employer/week = $47,060 Employer/year + TTC Pass

https://www.babycenter.ca/thread/2790053/live-out-nanny-cost#ixzz4pwWKLmTO

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am thinking to arrange accomodation, kids school, AC opening and settlement of family etc. After this I can return to resume my job and then go again before delivery.

Going to resist commenting.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am thinking to arrange accomodation, kids school, AC opening and settlement of family etc. After this I can return to resume my job and then go again before delivery.
To qualify for OHIP, you must actually be primarily residing in Ontario. If you are planning to come here to apply for OHIP and then leaving just so that you can avoid the 3 month wait period when you actually move here, you will be committing healthcare fraud. You can expect that OHIP will find out and bill you for all services used during the time that you didn't qualify; you could also face criminal charges.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

You better read the rules around residency rules for OHIP. As soon as you leave for 30 days, your waiting period is cancelled and you would start 3 months again from 0 when you return to Canada.

Are nanny's available to look after my wife and kids..if so how much on average do they cost per month.
Very expensive.
Daycare costs are typically around $1200 per kid per month.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Daycare is actually between $1200-1800 in Toronto depending on the age of your child.
Thank you for the info. It is helpful. I dont want to commit any healthcar fraud.

My wife and kids will remain in Canada. Hence they will not be out...even than we will be voilating law if I only travel out?
Sorry for my ignorance as I m a relatively new bie to Canada

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thank you for the info. It is helpful. I dont want to commit any healthcar fraud.

My wife and kids will remain in Canada. Hence they will not be out...even than we will be voilating law if I only travel out?
They will qualify for OHIP after 3 months if they stay. If you are planning to leave for more than 30 days, you should not apply for yourself until you actually return for good.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012

People must qualify for and meet the OHIP eligibility criteria individually. So what you do to make yourself eligible or ineligible for OHIP, will have no effect on what your wife/children do to stay eligible.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can I say that it frustrates me beyond words that our government allows people to leave their families in Canada to get educated and use services yet the income earner can go off to make money and we will see a fraction of the tax income. None in some cases. And no, property taxes don't come close to paying for those services. Tax code really needs to change for those with dependents in Canada who work abroad/shelter money abroad. My opinion.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Can I say that it frustrates me beyond words that our government allows people to leave their families in Canada to get educated and use services yet the income earner can go off to make money and we will see a fraction of the tax income. None in some cases. And no, property taxes don't come close to paying for those services. Tax code really needs to change for those with dependents in Canada who work abroad/shelter money abroad. My opinion.
Fully agree with you..yes there is a loophole in the system. I am hunting a job n have to move in ahortly

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015
Another question:

If I opt to stay abroad and baby is born outside of Canada....considering we already have our PR cards 4 rest of family...how can we apply 4 the immigration Visa of new born.

Is it possible to apply from.abroad and all family comes together for good?

Or do.one family...most likely me as father comes first and applies for spinsoring new born and only once aponsorship is approved and visa is issued can the rest of my family n new born can travel to canada...appreciate help on this aspect as well

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Another question:

If I opt to stay abroad and baby is born outside of Canada....considering we already have our PR cards 4 rest of family...how can we apply 4 the immigration Visa of new born.

Is it possible to apply from.abroad and all family comes together for good?

Or do.one family...most likely me as father comes first and applies for spinsoring new born and only once aponsorship is approved and visa is issued can the rest of my family n new born can travel to canada...appreciate help on this aspect as well
As a PR, you need to be in Canada throughout the sponsorship process.

Fairmont81

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 September 2014
Nomination.....
Jan 05 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 09 2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
Jan 09 2015

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
I read through this entire thread and found it very interesting....very insightful.