+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pregnancy and settlement

nemesis077

Sep 7, 2011
Hi

My wife is six and half month pregnant and we are not covered by OHIP I have called so many insurance companies but no one cover pregnancy. Do you mind to tell me which insurance company you covered with.

Many thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nemesis077 said:
Hi

My wife is six and half month pregnant and we are not covered by OHIP I have called so many insurance companies but no one cover pregnancy. Do you mind to tell me which insurance company you covered with.

Many thanks
It is extremely unlikely that any insurance company is going to cover a pregnancy. The delivery could cost between $3K and $10K and they sure aren't going to get that back from your insurance fees.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PMM said:
Hi

It is extremely unlikely that any insurance company is going to cover a pregnancy. The delivery could cost between $3K and $10K and they sure aren't going to get that back from your insurance fees.
Agreed. I wouldn't bother calling any more insurance agencies - no one is going to cover the costs (why would then if they know they are going to pay out far more than they will receive from you?). You need to start making other plans (i.e. figuring out how to pay the costs yourself, deciding if it would be better to have the baby elsewhere, looking for lower cost options like midwives, etc.).

dcho

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
hi georgiana,

me and my husband will do our landing in toronto by feb 2012. what if i will get pregnant before our landing, do i have to inform the visa office about it?

thank you.

dcho

Georgiana said:
How far are you? I did my landing in Ontario being in my 6th month of my pregnancy. Having a private health insuarance will help you during those 3 months which you need to wait til u get covered by OHIP, if in Ontario.
If you may board the plane (by IATA rule on pregnant travellers) without medical complications for you and your coming baby, my personal advice would be to make it, coz it will save you a headache and time for sponsoring your baby. Though, don't forget all the fuss and runnings coming with the first landing, arranging papers, apartment hunting and all the accompanying things you will need to handle with. It might be more stressful for a pregnant than in normal condition, though nothing is impossible.

Wish you luck and safe and timely delivery.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dcho said:
me and my husband will do our landing in toronto by feb 2012. what if i will get pregnant before our landing, do i have to inform the visa office about it?
No, you only have to inform them if you actually have a baby before your landing.

dcho

Star Member
Oct 5, 2010
[thanks leon quote author=Leon link=topic=85934.msg1157474#msg1157474 date=1323618008]
No, you only have to inform them if you actually have a baby before your landing.
[/quote]