+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

NAKEQubita

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
Hey everyone, I know this thread is a couple years old. But my husband received his pre arrival email today (Jan 10 2022). He’s in Accra Ghana, we’ve done an out of Canada spousal sponsorship, applied back in Feb 2021. Any clue as to the possible timelines and what this might mean? For those who have experience with Accra Visa Office

Penny.a

Star Member
Jul 3, 2021
Hey everyone, I know this thread is a couple years old. But my husband received his pre arrival email today (Jan 10 2022). He’s in Accra Ghana, we’ve done an out of Canada spousal sponsorship, applied back in Feb 2021. Any clue as to the possible timelines and what this might mean? For those who have experience with Accra Visa Office
Is Ecas still showing "In Process or Decision made?"

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Can any suggest me how long will it take to receive Paspport request . This is only for my daughter(infant) PR Sposorship application,
My self (PR) staying in Canada now. My wife (PR) staying in INDIA with my daughter.
Oct 2021- PR application Sent
Mar 2022- Medical Approved.
July 2022- Eligibility approved.
July 2022- Pre-arrival invitation received.
As she is minor, she is expemted from Background verification.
Also, i can see COPR Dcoument number and travel Document number updated in the online status.

What next ?
When can i expect Passport request? How long does it take after sending the passport? Please suggest.
In the status its shows decision made.

Balasubramani28

Jun 15, 2017
Hi I received a information letter from IRCC, to complete 3 steps within 30days. Hope this is Passport request letter i believe, please confirm if anyone know.

Step-1 : To update any changes in your application like address, Email and Phone number.
Unfortunately they updated my Canada address for the applicant in India. So I sent the Webform to IRCC Delhi office to update the correct address/.

Step-2 : Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) -- Depends on Country - For India its YES.

Step-3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS ( Copy of the IRCC letter, Passport, Photos(2), RPRF Fee receipt)
Also, they asked to confirm the height and Eye color, - If type it in a document and sign it, Is that OK. Please suggest.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi I received a information letter from IRCC, to complete 3 steps within 30days. Hope this is Passport request letter i believe, please confirm if anyone know.

Step-1 : To update any changes in your application like address, Email and Phone number.
Unfortunately they updated my Canada address for the applicant in India. So I sent the Webform to IRCC Delhi office to update the correct address/.

Step-2 : Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) -- Depends on Country - For India its YES.

Step-3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS ( Copy of the IRCC letter, Passport, Photos(2), RPRF Fee receipt)
Also, they asked to confirm the height and Eye color, - If type it in a document and sign it, Is that OK. Please suggest.
Yes, this is passport request letter, and yes, just type height and eye colour with basic identifying info.

Reactions: Balasubramani28

mike224

Nov 12, 2022
I received my pre-arrival services in july, and on the same day the vo reguested from PCC from me. how long will Background check be completed. its been 3 months and no update from the vo. i'm kindda anxious