+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

Mar2019app

Sep 8, 2019
After Manila Visa Office sent me pre arrival on June 19 2019, there was no update until October 7 2019.
On October 7, my gckey changed from “your background check is in progress...” to “we are processing your background check...”
Then after 2 weeks, on October 22, PPR!
Congrats! Did you avail any pre-arrival services?

luisalex

Star Member
Jul 31, 2018
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-06-2018
AOR Received.
17-08-2018
File Transfer...
28-05-2019
Med's Request
2-05-2019

mrslaureano

Dec 13, 2018
Hey there! Sorry I didn't see this before, I didn't have a chance to log into the forum until today.

From what we see with our clients, it varies a lot. Some get PPR about a week after getting the pre-arrival services *email*, and some have waited for months! I think the median would definitely be one month, and it also seems to vary depending on where they are coming from, some people in the Philippines and some people in Iran are facing very long delays, no idea why that is. In contrast, some clients from Pakistan, Ethiopia and Nepal got it within a week or so, so they only received our pre-arrival services for a few weeks before heading to Canada.
Hello!

I received pre arrival yesterday. Can you pls suggest pre arrival service in New Brunswick. Thank you

Virksab

Oct 27, 2019
Hey guys
My wife was asked medical and police certificate backgound check form and travel form at same time she got pre arrival letter too and its london visa office. Does anyone know what is time line for ppr from pakistan

CHINTU30

Star Member
Nov 19, 2019
I received pre arrival service latter on 13 Nov, 2019 after receiving this latter how much time take for Passport submission ?
Biometrics completed on 26 july,2019
Medical pass on 08 Aug, 2019

kiarap

Mar 6, 2018
Hi! I applied july 2019 under NSNP (inland). The other day, I received a request letter to pay for RFPF, to edit my schedule A and submit spouse's certified criminal record check. I paid my rfpf but wasn't able to submit as we are still waiting for the criminal record check done by commissionaires in the province. And then yesterday, I received an invitation for pre arrival services. Does it mean we have a big chance that PPR will come soon after we pass all the requested documents? Also, they didn't ask yet our biometrics and my spouse's medical examination. I did my medical exam last June 2019 to include in my work permit application (approved last Oct) and I included it too in my pr application last July. Any thoughts guys? I'm a bit excited as I received these emails. I actually expected to receive updates June 2020 but it seems that everyone who applied last July 2019 are getting PPRs now. ❤

merry christmas everyone!

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Hi! I applied july 2019 under NSNP (inland). The other day, I received a request letter to pay for RFPF, to edit my schedule A and submit spouse's certified criminal record check. I paid my rfpf but wasn't able to submit as we are still waiting for the criminal record check done by commissionaires in the province. And then yesterday, I received an invitation for pre arrival services. Does it mean we have a big chance that PPR will come soon after we pass all the requested documents? Also, they didn't ask yet our biometrics and my spouse's medical examination. I did my medical exam last June 2019 to include in my work permit application (approved last Oct) and I included it too in my pr application last July. Any thoughts guys? I'm a bit excited as I received these emails. I actually expected to receive updates June 2020 but it seems that everyone who applied last July 2019 are getting PPRs now. ❤

merry christmas everyone!
I received our Pre-ARrival letter in september so no it does not guarantee you will be approved soon I'm afraid.

Mitch55555

Nov 14, 2018
Ecuador
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
07-01-2019
AOR Received.
27-02-2019
File Transfer...
03-10-2019
Med's Request
27-03-2019/2-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-03-2010/11-08-2020
Interview........
Waived
What exactly is the pre arrival letter? This is the last letter I've received which includes links to pre arrival services :

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on 01/07/2019. We have created a file with the application number provided above. You must quote this application number in any future correspondence.
Processing time
Please note that processing times vary. To learn more about processing times for applications for permanent residence in the category that you have applied, you may consult the following hyperlink: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Due to limited resources dedicated to processing the thousands of applications currently in process, we are unable to respond to requests for status updates on your file if they fall within the average processing times. Furthermore, please note that processing times may be longer in the case of incomplete applications or more complex cases.
Important information
 To facilitate matching of documents requested, please attach a label with your file number on the top right corner of each document that you sent to our office.
 Immigrant visas have a validity limited to one year from the date when the medical examinations were initiated or the validity of the passport, whichever is first. Please ensure to have a valid passport. No extensions are granted once visas are issued.
Interview
You will be notified of the appointment for your interview, if required, approximately one month prior to the date of the interview, and you will be provided with further instructions at that time. Section 15 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act authorizes an officer to proceed with an examination where a person makes an application for permanent residence in Canada for the purpose of determining whether the person and all his or her accompanying family members, appear to be persons who may be granted entry into Canada. To proceed with an examination, a personal interview is frequently required. Section 16 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination. If an applicant appears for the interview without all the family members as required by the officer, then the required examination cannot be completed. This means that the
Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico
www.mexico.gc.ca
Mar2010 version

applicant would be found to be inadmissible to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that he or she is unable to comply with all the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations, following sections 11 and 41 of the Act.
Authorization to Release Personal Information
If you would like to authorize Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to release information from your case file to someone other than yourself, please complete and return the form “Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual – IMM 5475” found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.PDF
Your dependent children who are 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form if they wish to authorize IRCC to release their information to a designated individual. The individual you designate will be able to obtain information such as the status of your application and will be able to change your address if you move. However, they will not be a representative who can conduct business with IRCC on your behalf. Please note that information regarding your case file cannot be released to your sponsor prior to the completion of this form.
Let us know
Please advise our office of any changes in your family composition in your immediate family, or change of address since it may affect the processing requirements for your application or the category in which your application is processed.
Specifically, please advise our office in the event of the following:
 Change in family composition or marital status (i.e. marriage, births, deaths, divorce);
 Change of residential/mailing/e-mail address;
 Change of immigration representative;
 Request for withdrawal of your application.
Planning ahead
If your application for permanent residence is approved, you will be encouraged to use free pre- arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

Several online and in-person services will be available to you, your spouse and your dependents once your application is approved. These services can help you find out more about living and working in Canada. They can also help you take steps to get your education, work experience, and professional licenses/certificates recognized in Canada, and access other free settlement services once you have arrived in Canada.
To learn more about these free pre-arrival services that you will be able to access before you leave, please visit the IRCC website (canada.ca/pre-arrival-services). Please note that in order to access these services, you must demonstrate to the service provider that you have been successful in your permanent resident application. Therefore, you should wait until you receive a positive eligibility decision or a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) prior to requesting these services.
As you may know, Canada is a bilingual country where both French and English are spoken. If you are interested in living in French, you can get information about Francophone life across Canada by visiting Canada.ca/francoimmigration.
Immigration Section – Section de l’immigration
Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Colonia Granada, Del. Miguel Hidalgo, 11520, Mexico D.F. Mexico
www.mexico.gc.ca
Mar2010 version

Please forward all future correspondence to the Mexico City office as follows. Ensure to include your Application number in all correspondence:
E-mail: mexico-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca
Mail: Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra 193, Col. Granada, 11520, México, D.F.

Ify2086

Jul 5, 2018
With my experience I think getting your pre arrival mail...is a very good sign that your PR is arriving soon...I got the same mail and few weeks after i was asked to send my passport through VAC ...and all to the glory of God i arrived in Ottawa July 28th

Rani K

Mar 27, 2019
My husband is from India and I starting the PR application for my husband Feb16 2018.

I went to India for PR interview on November 3rd 2018.

On nov,6th 2018 we had received the Pre Arrival services
email and we were very excited to come back to Canada together.

I waited 3 months and they have not asked for Passport yet so I came back to Canada without him and am still waiting for PPR. How long does it usually take and how long should I wait before sending in a inquiry?

Reactions: Hunarnamiq

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Sinp paper base.
Ar 13.06.19.
AOR 12.07.19.
Adr 10.12.19
Schedule A, and RPRF fees which all Submited on 15.12.19.
PAL 11.12.19.
MR 19.12.19 spouse
MD done 21.12.19.
MP 11.01.2020.
After that no update yet.

We did upfront medical in 12.03.19 , they didn't asked for mine medical. They asked only for my wife. So medical will expire 11th march. Will I get ppr soon or will they ask for Mr again?
After got my AOR my status is we are processing your background check. If we need any docs we will contact you.