+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
@permafrost_can hi I have question. I am a June 2, 2017 applicant and bcg started feb 27 and then I received pre arrival on mar 28 and DM on mar 29. I haven’t got PPR yet.
Now I am just concerned if the decision is positive. Does it ever happen, that after someone receives prearival & DM, and their decision is negative ?? According ur experience will this be a positive decision ??
I'm not an expert by any means, but the only time I saw someone rejected after the pre-arrival letter was because they failed to disclose important info (the husband's job, which was abroad) and IRCC found out. Also, everyone is experiencing very long delays as of lately.
I can't answer whether yours will be a positive decision. I'm not an immigration agent.

inder1982

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
I'm not an expert by any means, but the only time I saw someone rejected after the pre-arrival letter was because they failed to disclose important info (the husband's job, which was abroad) and IRCC found out. Also, everyone is experiencing very long delays as of lately.
I can't answer whether yours will be a positive decision. I'm not an immigration agent.
Thanks anyways.

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thanks anyways.
Don't forget that the main reason everyone gets the pre-arrival services email is so that you actually register and receive them :)

Pre-arrival services are free and are tailored to help you prepare to land in Canada. They offer different kinds of information and you can avail of as many as you want. If you wait until you get PPR, you will be rushed to prepare to leave, and will have less time to ask questions and acquire useful information. Let me know if you would like referrals to pre-arrival services :)

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Don't forget that the main reason everyone gets the pre-arrival services email is so that you actually register and receive them :)

Pre-arrival services are free and are tailored to help you prepare to land in Canada. They offer different kinds of information and you can avail of as many as you want. If you wait until you get PPR, you will be rushed to prepare to leave, and will have less time to ask questions and acquire useful information. Let me know if you would like referrals to pre-arrival services :)
Hi @permafrost_can ,i received pre-arrival services from Paris VO through MYCIC account,,but No BGC in process (it shows not your application in process,we will send you a message when we start your Background check) i'm wondering if this is a good sign? i haven't paid RPRF yet also,am i at the end of approval? also my family in Sudbury ON which agencies of pre arrival services i can register and that you recommand ? Thank you

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hi @permafrost_can ,i received pre-arrival services from Paris VO through MYCIC account,,but No BGC in process (it shows not your application in process,we will send you a message when we start your Background check) i'm wondering if this is a good sign? i haven't paid RPRF yet also,am i at the end of approval? also my family in Sudbury ON which agencies of pre arrival services i can register and that you recommand ? Thank you
I don't know if you are at the end of the process. It is definitely a good sign, but right now everybody is experiencing long delays, both at the start, middle and end of the process (and also those applying for citizenship, for refugee status, etc).

For Ontario I definitely recommend In-Tac www.in-tac.ca and YMCA-YWCA. For employment check out ACCESS employment. Please let them know you were referred by the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre (that's me :) ), that will help you, and will let them know how you found out about them.

Reactions: Ricmeanimor

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
I don't know if you are at the end of the process. It is definitely a good sign, but right now everybody is experiencing long delays, both at the start, middle and end of the process (and also those applying for citizenship, for refugee status, etc).

For Ontario I definitely recommend In-Tac www.in-tac.ca and YMCA-YWCA. For employment check out ACCESS employment. Please let them know you were referred by the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre (that's me :) ), that will help you, and will let them know how you found out about them.
Thank you! Def I will!

Reactions: permafrost_can

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017

I registered in YMCA greater Toronto and i mentionned that i was referred by you lol a week now since pre arrival and nothing !

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I registered in YMCA greater Toronto and i mentionned that i was referred by you lol a week now since pre arrival and nothing !
Thank you :)

Yeah, these delays are unbelievable. I hear the same thing on this forum and a few more where I participate, and from our partner organizations as well. Hopefully now that the new fiscal year started, things will speed up.

Reactions: ehab2222

cmay

Feb 22, 2018
My husband (the principal applicant) emailed the visa office on Monday just to ask if there was any movement in his application for permanent residency. No answer yet.

We are with Manila Visa office since my husband is Pinoy :)

I may have more luck emailing them myself. Since i had emailed them in December to update my address and in their response they stated the application was already in queue to be reviewed by the officer. But that was 2 months ago.
Hi.. Any development on your application? :)

Reshma Dewar

Mar 22, 2018
Hi,
Iam still waiting for PPR. Received my pre-arrival email a month ago. Don’t know what to do. So to answer to your question, no development on my application

Reactions: cmay

CarleyDT

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Chapleau Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Request
04-08-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017 (asked for extension on deadline)
Hi.. Any development on your application? :)
hey Cmay :D
I PM'd you with details...

But there has been no movement in my husbands file since March 1 when MVO started looking at the additional documents

Reactions: cmay

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Ugh I am still waiting too. It has been two months since receiving the pre-arrival letter from MVO.

CarleyDT

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Chapleau Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
06-06-2017
AOR Received.
27-07-2017
Med's Request
04-08-2017
Med's Done....
22-09-2017 (asked for extension on deadline)
Ugh I am still waiting too. It has been two months since receiving the pre-arrival letter from MVO.
Nearly 3 months for me.
But we must be patient.
Good things are coming...
MVO is having alot of delays right now.

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi need your help ,

would really appreciate your quick reply

we had applied for spousal sponsorship oct 06th 2017 and also visitor visa expecting we will get visitor visa my wife left job. visitor visa was refused.but we received sponsor approval and aor2 and post that last month ,BCG started and is in progress.
my wife tired of wait went back to job since jan 2018 to kill time.I thought if i inform ircc about it it will delay process.

do you think we should inform that she is working .I am permanent resident canada and she is principal applicant.Do you think IRCC comes to know about this .

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
2 weeks after Pre-arrival services Email and nothing ! someone from the same Paris VO got his pre-arrival 5 days after me and he got DM and PPR within a week...it's just weird...