+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre Arrival Letter - What is its purpose?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The new medical was requested by them and we obtained the new medical and they uploaded it in the system and completed. there is no CoPR number issued.

we also applied for the TRV, once everything was shown as completed, but it was denied.

the MP only states that they are working on your file.

My consultant has sent many webforms to the manila office as this is the only way to contact them and they take 1 to 2 months to respond.

We are at a complete loss as to how long this will take and it is a very stressful situation for both my husband and myself.
Sorry, I've no additional ideas beyond trying again with the MP.

Have you tried writing yourself instead of having consultant do it?

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
Hello everyone,

I got prearrival letter on 19 October 2022 it states the following.

Hello,
We are currently processing your application for permanent residency. You now qualify
to receive pre-arrival services to help you prepare for your new life in Canada. These
services are only available to you before you enter Canada.

Timeline
67% complete

09 September 2021 Application received
04 August 2022 You passed the medical exam.

We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need additional documents.
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

Mar 31, 2022 Invitation to pre-arrival services

what does this mean ?

how much time can a person expect COPR after this ?

Thank you all

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
This mean you have to wait. my husband got his PR interviewed on November 14,2023 the next day he recieved his Pre arrival letter and 2 weeks later he have his PR approved. it was a very fast process for us.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
The new medical was requested by them and we obtained the new medical and they uploaded it in the system and completed. there is no CoPR number issued.

we also applied for the TRV, once everything was shown as completed, but it was denied.

the MP only states that they are working on your file.

My consultant has sent many webforms to the manila office as this is the only way to contact them and they take 1 to 2 months to respond.

We are at a complete loss as to how long this will take and it is a very stressful situation for both my husband and myself.
I think every country is different you are in the Philipine.. my husband from Morocco and im in canda. he have his PR interviewed 2 weeks ago on November 14/2023 the next day they sent him a pre arrival letter. and i google it they say people have Pre arrival letter 70 percent they will approved. guess what my husband got approved on his PR last week. did they send you the pre arrival letter.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023
When you say your medical exam was 'reissued' - meaning you did a new medical exam?

Was there a validity assigned to that? Has a COPR # been issued (in the electronic systems)?

I'm at a bit of a loss - if the medical exam was redone at their request, usually that indicates that they thought most was done and more or less ready to issue (that's the whole point). There is no mention of or security issues indicated anywhere?

I'd write to the Manila office again, politely, and push your MP again. With the same point again - if medical was re-done, at your expense you'd've thought that it would be ready.

And - if you haven't, apply for your spouse's TRV. Yes, it'll cost a bit of money, but it may get them 'off the fence', when the officer who sees it and has to sign off realizes they've left this undone.

Also - if info above esp medicals is correct, you want to maximize requests on them now - they have yearlyl targets too and cleaning off the already-done-but-pending-last-signoff is the best way to hit them.
This mean you have to wait. my husband got his PR interviewed on November 14,2023 the next day he recieved his Pre arrival letter and 2 weeks later he have his PR approved. it was a very fast process for us.

Tong tong

Star Member
Nov 7, 2023

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Sorry, I've no additional ideas beyond trying again with the MP.

Have you tried writing yourself instead of having consultant do it?
I was actually the one contacting the MP office each month, but, now my consultant is taking this over.

Thank you for your help, seriously.
This waiting is taking way to long and its very stressful, as all of you can imagine, 18 months and counting.

Reactions: armoured

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I think every country is different you are in the Philipine.. my husband from Morocco and im in canda. he have his PR interviewed 2 weeks ago on November 14/2023 the next day they sent him a pre arrival letter. and i google it they say people have Pre arrival letter 70 percent they will approved. guess what my husband got approved on his PR last week. did they send you the pre arrival letter.
Yes, we have received the pre arrival letter at the end of August, 2023

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I was actually the one contacting the MP office each month, but, now my consultant is taking this over.

Thank you for your help, seriously.
This waiting is taking way to long and its very stressful, as all of you can imagine, 18 months and counting.
The thing that could be delaying and kind-of make sense is security checks.

The one that wouldn't make sense is gathering dust on a desk somewhere. Not saying it's common but it's not unheard of.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
The thing that could be delaying and kind-of make sense is security checks.

The one that wouldn't make sense is gathering dust on a desk somewhere. Not saying it's common but it's not unheard of.
If its the security check, we have completed his NBI which is current and up to date. If it is a criminality check, he has lived in the same country all his life and not served in the military, should be pretty straightforward one would think.

Laying on someones desk gathering dust, or completed their quota for the year, is making more sense to me at this point in time.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
I want to say, to everyone, that this journey, no matter how long it takes, is a journey worth fighting for. Keep positive and strong everyone.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If its the security check, we have completed his NBI which is current and up to date. If it is a criminality check, he has lived in the same country all his life and not served in the military, should be pretty straightforward one would think.
All true, but 'security' is done by another agency, not under control of IRCC, and hence can be held up there for reasons that may not be obvious to others. That is to say, it could be that IRCC honestly does not have more info (and while should be possible to get info that it is held up at security stage, truth is, can be quite hard to find out). The 'security' part of clearance and in GCMS notes often just says 'pending' (or whatever) until the moment the PPR is received.