+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre 26 june(MI-1) Delay struggle, Lets get united .................

sunnysport

Aug 10, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2010
Doc's Request.
09-11-2010 DOCs submitted
AOR Received.
28-09-2010 & 2nd AOR on the 20/12/2010
File Transfer...
In Process : May 31, 2012.
Med's Request
31 May 2013
Med's Done....
Submitted Med and PP on 02 July 2013
Passport Req..
DM on ECAS 02 Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
12 Oct 2013
sunnysport said:
I wrote the following mail to the Hon'ble Immigration Minister Canada

The Honourable Jason Kenney, P.C., M.P.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

Dear Honorable Minister,

I am writing this mail on my and on behalf of numerous applicants who have applied for immigration under your Ministerial Instruction 1 (MI-1)
My e-cas status for permanent resident under FSW1 is showing received by new Delhi visa office pending review. My application was received by CIO on 3 may, 2010 and I submitted my full application and supporting documents on 9 November, 2010 to new Delhi visa office. I got acknowledgment letter of receipt of my complete application package from New Delhi visa office dated 18 January, 2011 along with receipt of payment for landing fees too. New Delhi visa office instructs me to contact them directly if I didn't hear from them in 3 months after submission of my full application package and the processing time of 8 months to finalize my application.
It is surprising to observe that those who applied postjune2010 under ministerial instruction 2 got their medical and passport request by New Delhi visa office earlier than me though they have applied after me.

CANADA IS KNOWN FOR ITS FAIR PRACTICES, I AM NO WHERE ASKING FOR MY APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED FASTER THAN OTHERS, All I seek is for the immigration authorities to stick as close to the timelines as was promised by them based on which good faith thousands of people like me have reposed there trust on the Canada Immigration department and have applied investing considerable time, efforts and money on the application process.

I understand that thousands of applications have yet to get decisions for permanent resident programme under FSW, but I do not understand as to why is the CIO than accepting new applications if there are already a lot of applications pending review.

Kindly look into the same as this might be just a file for the immigration department but each file is actually a LIFE for someone.

I hope to get a just and fast response/resolution from your department not only for me but all of us applicants.

Thanks & Regards,

XXXXX

New Delhi Visa Office
THIS WAS THE REPLY

Dear Mr. XXXX

I am replying to your e-mail of June 6, 2011, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) Program.

All candidates who have submitted their applications look forward to being granted permanent resident status within a reasonable waiting period after applying. I assure you that we make every effort to deal with the applications we receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, Canada's attractiveness to immigrants means that each year, we receive applications from more people than we are able to process.

With a growing backlog, particularly in the FSW category, individuals with the skills and experience that Canadian employers want, wait years to be admitted. We must have an immigration system that effectively balances Canada's own needs with its popularity as a destination. That is why the Government of Canada proposed changes to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). On June 18, 2008, these changes became law.

Until these amendments to IRPA, applications in the largest backlog—federal skilled workers—used to be processed in the order they were received, regardless of whether the applicants' skills or professions would enable them to find a job in Canada.

As you may be aware, on November 28, 2008, Minister Kenney announced an Action Plan for Faster Immigration. It included issuing instructions to visa officers reviewing new applications under the FSW Program. The first set of Ministerial Instructions (MI-1) applied to applications received on or after February 27, 2008, up to June 25, 2010. On June 26, 2010, Minister Kenney announced changes to the FSW Program and a new set of instructions (MI-2).

Under MI-1, CIC used this new authority under immigration law to control the type of applications received, but not the number. The number of applications received exceeded the ability to process them in a timely way. CIC introduced caps on June 26, 2010 on the FSW program as part of MI-2. We have limited the intake of new FSW applications to better match the number that we can actually process within the annual levels plan tabled in Parliament. FSW applications under MI-2 are processed on a priority basis.

CIC has received enough FSW applications since February 27, 2008, to reach immigration levels for the next two years. Unfortunately, it will take longer to process those submitted under the first set of instructions (between February 27, 2008 and June 25, 2010) than originally projected. This number represents more than twice the number of projected admissions under the program in 2011.

The Department's goal is to make the immigration system more responsive to labour market needs. By giving priority to FSW applications received on or after June 26, 2010, CIC is responding to the most urgent labour market needs first. The length of time it takes to finalize an application under this program varies from one visa office to another since visa offices face different challenges. CIC continues to work towards global service standards and the use of departmental standard forms to minimize such regional variations as much as possible.

I want to assure you that the Department closely monitors backlog and processing times, and continues to explore new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of Canada's immigration program.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

xxxx

Ministerial Enquiries Division

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
so nothing to do until 2012 comes for MI-1 and Pre June 2008 applicants.
they can't absorb all the applicants now. they need time.
no problem, least we want our applications to be accepted and receive our Permanent Residencies.

SandySurrey

Jan 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-May-2010
AOR Received.
22 Nov 2010
File Transfer...
Inprocess from 14May 2012
Med's Request
13-june-2013,
Med's Done....
21-June-2013, e cas line added on 04 July 2013
Passport Req..
Documents deposited 15 July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
17/09/2013, DM on 15/09/2013
It's a standard reply

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Their tax payers are not willing to accept more immigrants and getting the newly created jobs to be taken over. CIC has shown that in 2011 and now they have a vacuum in certain professions and they'd take extra 14,000 applicants from the backlog in 2012 than they took in 2011.

crownwang81

Star Member
Nov 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Bufflao
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is nothing much we can do, except waiting.

KNM

Sep 5, 2011
Rightly written and nicely replied indeed....but....the QUESTION is if they are using the word PRIORITY for MI 2+3 due to the fact of market need.........then what about those whose NOC(3112) still existed in MI 1,2 & 3......why they are not dealt as on priority since their NOC is exactly according to their present market need....................

Beyond Comprehension or may be i am not competent enough to comprehend it.

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KNM said:
Rightly written and nicely replied indeed....but....the QUESTION is if they are using the word PRIORITY for MI 2+3 due to the fact of market need.........then what about those whose NOC(3112) still existed in MI 1,2 & 3......why they are not dealt as on priority since their NOC is exactly according to their present market need....................

In my opinion, if your NOC is in the current 29 in-demand list you are better off putting in a new application to run alongside the old one. You will find that you will get processed quicker and at the appropriate stage you will be asked to withdraw one of the apps and the other proceed at a much faster pace. This option is better than waiting for the backlog and pre-june to be processed.

Peace!!!

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
I think what ANigerian is saying is right. MI-1 applicants whose occupation is still in 29 in-demand occupations should submit a new application to enjoy faster processing. Unfortunately, I am not in the in-demand occupation. Otherwise, I have surely done so.

Right

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
YES
ANigerian said:
In my opinion, if your NOC is in the current 29 in-demand list you are better off putting in a new application to run alongside the old one. You will find that you will get processed quicker and at the appropriate stage you will be asked to withdraw one of the apps and the other proceed at a much faster pace. This option is better than waiting for the backlog and pre-june to be processed.

Peace!!!
I disagree with you sir, The guy is trying to point out a deficiency in the statement of the Minister saying it was attending to NOC that are needed in the Canadian labour market. Do they need a magician to detect those NOC that were in M1,M2 and M3...if actually that was what they meant originally.

Telling applicant to go re-apply with same stress of document gathering is most unfair. What about the cost? The 2 applications will now lie fallow in the dormain of CIC at 0% interest rate...Do we consider time value of money at all here?

I don't expect CIC to give something difference from what they just replied. I expected them to treat any application with NOC that were in the M1,M2 and M3 equally irrespective of when it applied afterall the NOC is BADLY needed in the Canadian Job market as at now.

Contrary opinion is welcome but what Canadian Authorities are doing is unfair. Unfortunately, it's their country!

ANigerian

Mar 24, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Right

I agree with you, it is unfair!!!

It is always a hassle getting the documents together, no doubt about that!! I believe that despite their statement that the NOCs in the list of 29 is being given preference, they are not actually looking at the applications submitted prior to MI-2 with these NOCs.

This is why despite the hassle, it is better to re-apply where possible (if it is not too much hassle) and moreover you'll get the other processing fee back at the end of the process!!!

Peace!!

Teaspoon

Jan 31, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
same noc is available in MI1 and MI2, it is crap! people are considering only the application fees, But none of the people consider the settlement Fund which is 13 thousands to ~ , now you guys tell me what is the economy of canada from and in return what are the services we are getting ! it is really un fair by the civilized people who claim to be civilized!

advanta1

Aug 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-07-2011
Doc's Request.
IELTS & PCC sent with the application
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
PER on 26.10.11
IELTS Request
sent with the documents
File Transfer...
23-11-2011TRACK SHEET : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgthpG06V9k3dGE0Mldod0ljWTZjR25HZkpydDZ3QXc&hl=fil#gid=0
Med's Request
1-02-2012
Med's Done....
18-02-2012 Passport received by CHC: Thursday, February 23, 2012 @ 1515 Hrs
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2012 received by CHC on February 23
VISA ISSUED...
MARCH 22, 2012
LANDED..........
11 June 2012 Winnipeg

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
KNM said:

Assuming the applicant is a doctor, ie same NOC in pre-feb2008, MI-1, MI-2, MI-3 look at this scenario:

a doctor who applied before 27 Feb 2008 is still waiting for his application to be processed

a doctor who applied immediately after 27 Feb 2008 got the PR (MI-1)

a doctor who applied after 27 Feb 2008 but only before June 2010 is still waiting (MI-1)

a doctor who applied immediately after June 2010 got the PR (MI-2)

a doctor who applied after July 2011 got the PR or will get in 12 months (MI-3)

Is the policy unfair, lacks common sense or is it simply rocket science????

KDSTTL

Sep 8, 2010
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2010
Doc's Request.
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
21-07-2010
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
15-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012 (Fresh PCC again on 19-11-2012)
Interview........
Waived (In process - 19th Jan 2012)
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013 (DM 14-07-2013)
LANDED..........
03-08-2013
GREAT NEWS FOR US

http://www.thestar.com/news/investigations/immigration/article/1108785--super-visa-only-for-those-who-can-afford-it

A little sad for those who wait for their parents to come to Canada.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
KD

thanks for sharing
they will no longer accept a single burden to Canada.