+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre 26 june(MI-1) Delay struggle, Lets get united .................

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
KDSTTL said:
GREAT NEWS FOR US

[Link]
A little sad for those who wait for their parents to come to Canada.
Great news for whom and how is it great?

[Link]
"At the same time, Ottawa has stopped accepting new sponsorships for permanent residence until 2014, hoping to cut the current backlog of 165,000 parents and grandparents by half."

Ottawa has 10 years supply of parents and grandparents sponsorships... so a super visa!!!

In FSW they have 10 year supply of backloggers...... and still Ottawa keeps accepting more applications each year. Why?

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
In process from 30 March, 2012
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
I have 2 applications. VO asked for updated info on the basis of my first file within 60 days time. It has been 18 months till full docs sent.

nargis

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2010
Doc's Request.
08-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
File Transfer...
"In Process": 08-03-2011
Med's Request
Waiting
Ochena said:
I have 2 applications. VO asked for updated info on the basis of my first file within 60 days time. It has been 18 months till full docs sent.
when did you get this email about updated information?I am curious because my time line also like you

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
Got email today, datedon 29th dec 2011 forwarded by my Imm consultant.

nargis

Star Member
Mar 17, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2010
Doc's Request.
08-03-2010
Nomination.....
15-05-2010
AOR Received.
01-06-2010
File Transfer...
"In Process": 08-03-2011
Med's Request
Waiting
Ochena said:
Got email today, datedon 29th dec 2011 forwarded by my Imm consultant.
Thank you so much dear for your quick reply

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
Dear Nargis
From which NOC r u from?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Ochena,

if you got no updates , send nothing except a cover letter stating that.

I don't believe that letter has been sent by your VOfficer, rather by it has been sent by your VOffice. they are sending this to a a lot people now.

SP88

they had to do that, people had been bombarding their lawmakers with their unhappiness of not being able to bring their parents. now government will be risk free with having all those oldies with super visas having no constitutional pledge of serving them with social, health plans.

Ochena

Star Member
Oct 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January, 2010
Doc's Request.
March, 2010
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
with initial application
File Transfer...
March, 2010
Med's Request
25th June, 2012
Interview........
waived
Jnathan
The letter is as follows:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada as a Skilled Worker.

Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations require that applicants provide all information and documents required for the assessment of their applications. The selection criteria are clearly defined, and your eligibility for permanent residence as a Skilled Worker will be assessed on the basis of the documents and information you provide. The onus is on you to provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you meet the requirements.

You are now being given an opportunity to update your application before it is assessed by an officer. Please submit the documents and information specified below to our office by mail. You have sixty (60) days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. If the requested evidence is not received by our office within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file. You will not be given a further opportunity to provide more information.

Updated Application Forms:

The following forms can be completed on the CIC website:

• Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information

• Schedule A Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older, with original signatures – all questions must be answered – if a question is not applicable, write “N/A” – do not leave any gaps in your personal history and address history – you must provide details from the age of 18 to the present

• Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) form, completed with updated information for you and all dependants 18 years and older

• Schedule 3 Economic Classes - Federal Skilled Workers (IMM 0008) form, completed with updated information – Ensure you provide accurate occupational codes from the National Occupation Classification which most closely describe your work experience over the past ten years

Updated Identity, Status, and Civil Documents:

Provide the following documents only if there have been changes since you initially submitted your application:

• If passports have been renewed or replaced, provide a copy of the passport information page(s) for each person included on the application

• If the immigration status of you or any person included on the application has changed, provide a copy of the current visa or status document of the country where you are (lawfully) residing, as applicable

• If there have been any marriages, divorces, deaths, or births for you or any person included on the application, provide copies of civil documents as applicable – examples: marriage/divorce/death/birth certificates, child custody/adoption orders – note: to add a spouse or child to your application, you will need to pay the application fee for them

Updated Photographs:

• Updated identification photographs for you and all accompanying dependants which comply with the photo specifications available in the SW Application Guide - Appendix A

Updated Education and Experience Documents:

If you have completed additional studies since you initially submitted your application and you would like those studies to be counted toward the award of points for education, please provide for you and your spouse (if accompanying):

• Copies of transcripts showing courses completed and grades earned
• Copies of degrees, diplomas, or certificates

If you have accumulated additional experience in one or more occupations at NOC Skill Level O, A, or B for which you would like consideration, please provide for all occupations in which you wish to be assessed:

• Original letter(s) from your employer(s) which clearly describe your job duties and responsibilities
• Copies of letter(s) of offer or employment contract(s)
• Copies of salary statements or pay stubs
• Copies of income tax returns
• If you are self-employed, copies of business registration and/or license and proof of business conducted with clients, such as orders and invoices, balance sheets, income tax returns

Proficiency in Canada’s Official Languages:

If you are claiming English and/or French language skills on your application, you must provide conclusive proof of your language skills:

• Submit the original reports of a language test by an approved organization (International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the test d’évaluation de français (TEF)) – test results must not be more than one year old at the time of submission

Adaptability Factors:

If you or your accompanying spouse has a relative in Canada, provide:

• Proof of your relationship to them (e.g. birth certificates showing parentage)
• Proof of their status in Canada (copy of permanent resident card, citizenship certificate, or Canadian passport)
• Proof that they are currently residing in Canada (e.g. recent utility bill, salary statement, or tax return in their name, sent to their residential address in Canada)

If your or your accompanying spouse has studied or worked in Canada, provide documents issued by the educational institution or employer which provide details, as well as copies of any work or study permits issued by Citizenship & Immigration Canada

Settlement Funds:

• Provide original financial documents (e.g. bank statements, term deposit statements) for the past 6 months showing transactions for all your accounts as proof of unencumbered funds for prospective settlement in Canada – any large deposits must have clearly documented provenance to show the funds are yours

Arranged Employment in Canada:

If you have been offered a job by a Canadian employer, and that employment offer has been approved by Human Resources & Skills Development Canada (HRSDC):

• Submit a copy of the Arranged Employment Opinion (AEO) issued by HRSDC and a copy of the employment offer

Any additional information and documents for consideration when your application is assessed must be received by this office within sixty (60 days) from the date of this letter. If you need more time, you must advise this office immediately and provide detailed reasons. Your request will be considered, but there is no guarantee that an extension will be granted. If no further evidence is received within this timeframe, your application will be assessed on the basis of the information on file. This may lead to the refusal of your application.

If you wish to withdraw your application, please advise our office immediately in writing. You may be eligible for a full refund of the processing fees paid. Once we begin assessing your application, it will no longer be possible to refund the processing fees.

Yours truly,

Counsellor (Immigration)

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
SP88 said:
Great news for whom and how is it great?

[Link]
"At the same time, Ottawa has stopped accepting new sponsorships for permanent residence until 2014, hoping to cut the current backlog of 165,000 parents and grandparents by half."

Ottawa has 10 years supply of parents and grandparents sponsorships... so a super visa!!!

In FSW they have 10 year supply of backloggers...... and still Ottawa keeps accepting more applications each year. Why?
To Answer your last query (***This is an Opinion, I do not endorse / condone it***)

FSW needs of Canada have changed in the last 10 years - some professions (not all ) have been done away with completely. Canadian immigration sends out generic letters explaining the same to all quries enquiring about delays in processing. Whether this is justified or not is an ethical discussion!

The hard message they are sending out is that, applicants whose professions / skills are not urgently required will have to wait regardless of when they applied.

I wish you all courage and patience and the best of luck in realising your dreams.

M-jay

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
odin2404 said:
To Answer your last query (***This is an Opinion, I do not endorse / condone it***)

FSW needs of Canada have changed in the last 10 years - some professions (not all ) have been done away with completely. Canadian immigration sends out generic letters explaining the same to all quries enquiring about delays in processing. Whether this is justified or not is an ethical discussion!

The hard message they are sending out is that, applicants whose professions / skills are not urgently required will have to wait regardless of when they applied.

I wish you all courage and patience and the best of luck in realising your dreams.
Hi!! jas want to ask, what if your profession is still included in MI2, MI3 but u applied under MI1, do u think the processing time wud be the same with those others whose professions had already been deleted from the list??? in my opinion, they should process it along with MI2, MI3 since their professions are still in demand in canada, in the first place they are the ones who applied first... why process MI2, MI3 first if u have the same professions with them??

(INDIAN)

Champion Member
May 16, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
odin2404 said:

u R MI2 APLLICANT

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
M-jay said:
Hi!! jas want to ask, what if your profession is still included in MI2, MI3 but u applied under MI1, do u think the processing time wud be the same with those others whose professions had already been deleted from the list??? in my opinion, they should process it along with MI2, MI3 since their professions are still in demand in canada, in the first place they are the ones who applied first... why process MI2, MI3 first if u have the same professions with them??
I agree.. but I think they've taken MI1 applications (the lot of em) and put them on the backburner, categorized as MI1. The correct logic would be, as you've suggested, to handle common NOCs from MI1 first.

It's a classic case of ministerial instructions "lost in translation". They figure ... 10,000 new applications are better to sort out than 400,000 old ones.

Go Figure! ::)

M-jay

Star Member
Dec 28, 2011
odin2404 said:
I agree.. but I think they've taken MI1 applications (the lot of em) and put them on the backburner, categorized as MI1. The correct logic would be, as you've suggested, to handle common NOCs from MI1 first.

It's a classic case of ministerial instructions "lost in translation". They figure ... 10,000 new applications are better to sort out than 400,000 old ones.

Go Figure! ::)
thanks for that one though.. seems unfair, but thats life..

my NBI (police cases)here in Phils. has alreay been forfeited last aug.2011, but the embassy didnt ask me to renew it last july since NBI isn't forfeited yet when they requested us to go medical that time. however i read that some people after their medical results had been passed, embassy asked them for a new one.. im planning to get a new one and passed it along with proof of funds, or NBI alone without proof of funds..would that be ok, without them asking me to do that? does that have any bad connotation about me..? well yeah one of the reason is to speed up my files and get it from the bulk files of MI1. but will do it in a subtle way.. any advice pros & cons of submitting files without their requests? thanks a lot! i need ur advice badly..

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
M-jay said:
thanks for that one though.. seems unfair, but thats life..

my NBI (police cases)here in Phils. has alreay been forfeited last aug.2011, but the embassy didnt ask me to renew it last july since NBI isn't forfeited yet when they requested us to go medical that time. however i read that some people after their medical results had been passed, embassy asked them for a new one.. im planning to get a new one and passed it along with proof of funds, or NBI alone without proof of funds..would that be ok, without them asking me to do that? does that have any bad connotation about me..? well yeah one of the reason is to speed up my files and get it from the bulk files of MI1. but will do it in a subtle way.. any advice pros & cons of submitting files without their requests? thanks a lot! i need ur advice badly..
While the proof of funds and the NBI may not matter if obtained proactively a second time, hold on to the medicals, as you’ll need a request letter from the VO for the same. And, no matter how strong the temptation, don’t submit anything till they ask you for it, you might send someone into tail spin. Good Luck!

parhar51

Sep 22, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
N/A
LANDED..........
APRIL 26,2013
Hello ordinary2402,

Ur observation is absolutely correct.No matter if a particular noc still exists in MI2 OR MI3 and the applicant is prejune2010,his/her application will be processed with those in the queu under MI1.However,unjustifiable it may appear,this is a hard fact we have to live with.
As regards prejune applicants,uncetainty is looming large.Canadian immigration policy is predominantly market compliant.Prejune applicants,seemingly have to struggle for many more months before they would get some possitives emerging out the present situation unless a fresh mininterial instructions are issued to ameliorate their
greivances.Perhaps forthcoming qrly review may suggest what is in store for us,the prejune applicants.
We can wait and pray for the best.
Thanx for sharing.God bless all.
parhar51