ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Hello,

Below is the status on chrome for my application. Does this mean it's rejected for photo? I submitted on 23 February under "urgent" (with documents supporting claim). PR Portal shows "submitted" and GCkey cannot find any application by my UCI number. What next step I can take to figure out what is going on?

Code:
status": {
            "id": 20,
            "statusEn": "Completed",
            "statusFr": "Complété"
        },
        "rejectionReasons": [
            {
                "id": 23,
                "rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
                "rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
                "documentTypeId": null,
                "createdAt": "2024-02-26 13:23:53.029065",
                "updatedAt": "2024-02-26 13:23:53.029065",
                "phaseId": 3,
                "rejectionDetails": "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare, head not straight to camera) – please review Guide IMM5445."
            }
        ],

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Hello,

Below is the status on chrome for my application. Does this mean it's rejected for photo? I submitted on 23 February under "urgent" (with documents supporting claim). PR Portal shows "submitted" and GCkey cannot find any application by my UCI number. What next step I can take to figure out what is going on?

Code:
        },
            {
                "rejectionDetails": "Your photos do not meet the specifications (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare, head not straight to camera) – please review Guide IMM5445."
            }
        ],

I don't think any of us know. My application (but non-urgent processing) also shows the same thing. But when I called, the rep said there was no rejection and everything looked good. Only time will tell. If you want, give them a call and ask them.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
I don't think any of us know. My application (but non-urgent processing) also shows the same thing. But when I called, the rep said there was no rejection and everything looked good. Only time will tell. If you want, give them a call and ask them.
Thank you, please could you let me know once you get your PR card? I did send them a web form today; I am aware they won't reply to a normal web form as I haven't exceeded the timeline, so I sent a technical difficulty one for GCKEY because I am unable to find my application to link in GCKEY. Let's see if they will reply. I will try calling them as well.

This is my very *very vague and baseless* guess but I read another poster previously in this thread speculating if they are using AI to handle the least difficulty level applications. If so, these applications that have "rejections" in inspect would make sense in that maybe AI rejects them and sends them for manual processing, and only the most perfect applications are getting auto approved by AI. Whatever it is, guess we will never know.

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Thank you, please could you let me know once you get your PR card? I did send them a web form today; I am aware they won't reply to a normal web form as I haven't exceeded the timeline, so I sent a technical difficulty one for GCKEY because I am unable to find my application to link in GCKEY. Let's see if they will reply. I will try calling them as well.

This is my very *very vague and baseless* guess but I read another poster previously in this thread speculating if they are using AI to handle the least difficulty level applications. If so, these applications that have "rejections" in inspect would make sense in that maybe AI rejects them and sends them for manual processing, and only the most perfect applications are getting auto approved by AI. Whatever it is, guess we will never know.
Will do and would be great if you did the same too. It's likely you'll get yours first because yours is urgent processing. On the GCKey linking - same problem for me too. When you call them, ask them for your application number and try using that to link. Even that didn't help for me but it looks like it has worked for a few others.

Reactions: ParulB

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018

Will do and would be great if you did the same too. It's likely you'll get yours first because yours is urgent processing. On the GCKey linking - same problem for me too. When you call them, ask them for your application number and try using that to link. Even that didn't help for me but it looks like it has worked for a few others.

mostly likely issue with place of birth, enter is as per passport CITY,(SPACE)STATE. There is SPACE after COMMA.

Also dont use Application no option, use Last Name and UCI

Reactions: ParulB

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
mostly likely issue with place of birth, enter is as per passport CITY,(SPACE)STATE. There is SPACE after COMMA.

Also dont use Application no option, use Last Name and UCI
This tip worked in my case, however although main page shows "Permanent resident card" as the application type, when I click it, it shows the status related to my PRTD which was already approved and closed on Jan 31, 2024. It is not fetching my PR card renewal application which was submitted on February 23. And other interesting thing is it still shows status as "submitted" even though I have already flown in and exhausted the PRTD.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
This tip worked in my case, however although main page shows "Permanent resident card" as the application type, when I click it, it shows the status related to my PRTD which was already approved and closed on Jan 31, 2024. It is not fetching my PR card renewal application which was submitted on February 23.
okay, so your PR card renewal application is not on system yet. Once the processing starts, you should be able to link ( the only way to know if processing has started is to keep trying to link :) )

sguru01

May 11, 2021
Congrats. That was quick! I have similar timeline as yours, but haven't received anything yet.
Submitted - Jan 25
Completed (in inspect) - Feb 6th, was able to connect the application to IRCC website on the same day.
Waiting for the PR card or any IRCC update
Finally got hold of IRCC, they said they have no further updates as of now. They don't need anything from my side. The visa processing center will contract me if they need anything further. The wait continues... Anybody else applied in Jan and still waiting?

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
Finally got hold of IRCC, they said they have no further updates as of now. They don't need anything from my side. The visa processing center will contract me if they need anything further. The wait continues... Anybody else applied in Jan and still waiting?
Applied in December and still waiting.

Mohansh

Aug 17, 2018
Category........
CEC
Hello,

Code:
        },
            {
            }
        ],

I got the exact same message today normal processing application will try and call them tomorrow

YuriBoskiy

Nov 16, 2018
My PR Card renewal timeline
Applied Online : Feb 6, status in inspect "ready for review"
Completed in inspect - Feb 13
Waiting for the card
Feb 13 - status in inspect changed to "incomplete information"
Feb 26 - received my PR card

-statuses in 'inspect' mean nothing
-I was unable to link my PR renewal application, never called IRCC to request my application number or to enquire about its status.
-I thought my case would be complicated given my extensive travels (12 times) but it only took 3 weeks to receive the new PR card.

Reactions: ashwin35
Mar 2, 2024
Has anyone used Client Application Status tool to check the PR renewal application history? I am able to authenticate with UCI / application number and see the status (Decision Made), but as soon as I click on it to see the status details I get this error:

SORRY ...this on-line service is currently not available.
Possible reasons:

1. We are currently updating this Web site.
  2. We are experiencing technical difficulties.
Please try again later.

I has been like this persistently for over 2 weeks. I've tried different browsers, multiple computers, cleared the cache, logged out... Same thing over and over. Is it because the system is overloaded recently?

On the other hand, I am able to login successfully using GCKey in my IRCC linked account, but information over there are limited.

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
Hi Everyone, I submitted my PR renewal application via a paper application the week of jan 22. On feb 23 i was able to see my application status online and it shows "in process." I have a few trip coming up one in in two weeks and another in around a month. Is there any way to inquiry about my Application? I contacted IRCC via the phone but they are not helpful. I heard that contacting your local MP can be helpful is that true?

For anyone asking, my old PR has been expired for a couple of years so i don't have a valid PR. DId anyone apply via a paper application? How long did it take?

Apate492

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Below is my Inspect status for the PR Card:
"status": {
"id": 2,
"statusEn": "Ready for Review",
"statusFr": "Prêt pour l’examen"
},
"rejectionReasons": [],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 2,
"phaseEn": "Confirmation",
"phaseFr": "Confirmation"
},
"readOnly": false,
"roleId": 8

I am not sure what it means, just putting it out there.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone, I submitted my PR renewal application via a paper application the week of jan 22. On feb 23 i was able to see my application status online and it shows "in process." I have a few trip coming up one in in two weeks and another in around a month. Is there any way to inquiry about my Application? I contacted IRCC via the phone but they are not helpful. I heard that contacting your local MP can be helpful is that true?

For anyone asking, my old PR has been expired for a couple of years so i don't have a valid PR. DId anyone apply via a paper application? How long did it take?
You do have valid PR. Your status is valid. Your PR Card, it the only thing that has expired.

Contacting your MP would be pointless, unless your wait time has exceeded whatever is deemed to be `normal' right now which it has not.

Unless you hold a valid U.S. passport, you can always return via the U.S. (I know...what a pain) but would need to enter Canada at a land PoE in a private vehicle or on foot. A valid PR Card is NOT required by CBSA to gain entry into Canada for a PR that has not lost their status. The card expires; the status does not.