+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

Ronnie1970

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I applied for PR renewal in Sept 23 under H&C as my days were short to met RO. Got my Par card today in the mail with a 5 year expiry. So to all those who have not met RO if you have a genuine reason with documents to proove, they look at it compassionately. Don't loose hope.

Reactions: Ponga and ashwin35

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Thank you, please could you let me know once you get your PR card? I did send them a web form today; I am aware they won't reply to a normal web form as I haven't exceeded the timeline, so I sent a technical difficulty one for GCKEY because I am unable to find my application to link in GCKEY. Let's see if they will reply. I will try calling them as well.

This is my very *very vague and baseless* guess but I read another poster previously in this thread speculating if they are using AI to handle the least difficulty level applications. If so, these applications that have "rejections" in inspect would make sense in that maybe AI rejects them and sends them for manual processing, and only the most perfect applications are getting auto approved by AI. Whatever it is, guess we will never know.
@ParulB Received my PR card today.

Status in online portal still says "submitted". Inspect still says "Incomplete application". Still unable to link application to GCKey (it says unable to find application).

Less than 3 weeks from online application date to receipt of card. Pretty good processing time.

Reactions: ParulB

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
You do have valid PR. Your status is valid. Your PR Card, it the only thing that has expired.

Contacting your MP would be pointless, unless your wait time has exceeded whatever is deemed to be `normal' right now which it has not.

Unless you hold a valid U.S. passport, you can always return via the U.S. (I know...what a pain) but would need to enter Canada at a land PoE in a private vehicle or on foot. A valid PR Card is NOT required by CBSA to gain entry into Canada for a PR that has not lost their status. The card expires; the status does not.
Thank you so much. I actually got an update today my application shifted from "in process" to "decision made" so hopefully it won't take much longer

canada2234

Feb 15, 2024
where did u get this update? in gckey? also whats ur timeline?
yes in my IRCC profile.

Here is my timeline. FYI it was a paper application

Mailed in Application: Jan 24
Recieved by IRCC: Jan 31
AOR: Feb 23
And today, March 6 it shows decision made but im not able to see anything else. Just got off the phone with IRCC now and they told me my application is in the final stages but they said a decision has still not been made and no additional document was requested

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
Hello members,

I submitted my PR card renewal application through the portal on Feb 20, 2024.

After that, I kept checking the portal daily using inspection mode, and it was showing 'Ready for review' until Mar 5th. I was not able to link my application to GC Key.

Today (Mar 6) in the morning, I received an AOR email from Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney acknowledging receipt of my application. In the subject of the email I can see the application #. Then I checked back to the portal using the inspection mode, and noticed that the status had changed to 'Completed'. However, I still couldn't link my application to GC Key.

Seems like not a lot of members would get AOR email after submission, so I just want to share it here in case it can help anyone.

I am waiting for the card in the mail now. Will update again once I get the physical card.

Reactions: rockstarcg90

yani20

Mar 7, 2024
My Timeline

Online Application: Feb 15, 2024
AOR: No AOR
Inspect : Rejection - Primary ID not provided.
Tried calling IRCC but no answer on Feb 20, 2024.
Received PR card in mail yesterday March 6, 2024

Mar 2, 2024
My Timeline

Online Application: Feb 15, 2024
AOR: No AOR
Inspect : Rejection - Primary ID not provided.
Tried calling IRCC but no answer on Feb 20, 2024.
Received PR card in mail yesterday March 6, 2024
@yani20, I apologize for the ignorance, but how do you do "inspect" of the status?

Mar 2, 2024

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
@ParulB Received my PR card today.

Status in online portal still says "submitted". Inspect still says "Incomplete application". Still unable to link application to GCKey (it says unable to find application).

Less than 3 weeks from online application date to receipt of card. Pretty good processing time.
Thank you so much for sharing! Here's hoping mine arrives soon. But it's a relief to know the application status in inspect could mean anything and is not necessarily indicative of a rejection.

Reactions: ashwin35

Marvin Russel

Feb 16, 2022
This is about a PR card renewal application. And there are a few questions on 2 situations.

Situation-01
The applicant had bail conditions, so he lived out of his Canadian residential address for 7.5 months once, and later again for 2 weeks.; both times he lived inside Canada.

During the period of his stay out of his residential address, he lived at several addresses including Airbnb, hotels, short-term rentals, etc. These stays include as short as 1-7 night stays at Airbnb and hotels to 3-5 months stay at short-term private rentals.

Now it is a complex thing to write and list those numerous short to long stays in the address history. So is it ok to just simply write the applicant’s original residential address? Or should he write every single stay in the address history?

I was wondering if it would be wise to write just the original residential address in the address history, and then provide a letter of explanation informing IRCC of his stay-out period and the reason (to keep it short, precise, and uncomplicated) for writing just the original residential address in the address history. How is this idea?

Situation-02

The applicant went to his family out of Canada for a long vacation and lived there for 4 months. Should he write this period and the address separately in the address history? Or is it ok to just write his original residential address in Canada, and then inform IRCC about his 4 months vacation outside Canada in the letter of explanation?

Your valuable opinions would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

fwd.TaiShan

Mar 31, 2023
Hello members,

I submitted my PR card renewal application through the portal on Feb 20, 2024.

After that, I kept checking the portal daily using inspection mode, and it was showing 'Ready for review' until Mar 5th. I was not able to link my application to GC Key.

Today (Mar 6) in the morning, I received an AOR email from Permanent Resident Card Centre – Sydney acknowledging receipt of my application. In the subject of the email I can see the application #. Then I checked back to the portal using the inspection mode, and noticed that the status had changed to 'Completed'. However, I still couldn't link my application to GC Key.

Seems like not a lot of members would get AOR email after submission, so I just want to share it here in case it can help anyone.

I am waiting for the card in the mail now. Will update again once I get the physical card.
UPDATE: Today (Mar 11th) I saw the GC Key shows the PREVIOUS pr card is now marked as "Your document is invalid". I guess the new pr card has been printed hence the old one cancelled by IRCC. Still not able to link new pr card application to the GC Key though.

Will update again once receive the new card in the mail.

ParulB

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
App. Filed.......
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
08-06-2017
Status as of today:

Applied for PR card renewal: 23 February, 2024 via online portal.
Category: urgent
No status update.
Still can't link to GCKey. It still says my application of PR card is already linked, which is application of PRTD. PRTD still shows valid even though already used. No new application coming up.
No email and no card in mail.