+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

RIO333

Mar 20, 2017
What do I need to put in proof of residency as I was out of country twice in lst 5 years since I became PR

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
When you called them, did they give you any specifics like where is it at? I tried to call, but couldn't get through. Also do you recall when did you see "competed" in inspect method?
I actually did that inspect method after a while and by the time I checked it was already completed. But the status as per the ircc call is still reviewing, so not sure if what we see is the inspect method is application is complete and they do not need any further information or if the review is complete and we can expect the card anytime soon after that.

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
I actually did that inspect method after a while and by the time I checked it was already completed. But the status as per the ircc call is still reviewing, so not sure if what we see is the inspect method is application is complete and they do not need any further information or if the review is complete and we can expect the card anytime soon after that.
WHen did you apply?

Sep 20, 2020
I have successfully completed my PR card renewal some months ago and got married after recieving my card. I will be applying for citizenship soon. Do I need to inform CIC of marital status change before I apply for citizenship? or is it enough to write marital status when I do my citizenship application?

jkbel2013

Jan 18, 2024
Happy day! We received our PR card today! Timeline as follows:

submitted: Dec 13, 2023
Received: Feb 20, 2024

71 days - online status still saying submitted and no notification of approval/process. Good luck to all!

Reactions: ashwin35

jaymskie

Nov 6, 2023
Hello Everyone,

Just want to share our timeline for me, my wife and kid for renewal of our card.

Submitted docs for Proof of Residency:

For me and my wife:

Notice of Assesment
Leasing Agreement

For Child:

Provincial Health Card
School Grade Card.

TIMELINE PR CARD RENEWAL PAPER APPLICATION

Sent docs thru xpresspost Jan 13, 2024
Received by IRCC in Nova Scotia Jan 18,2024
Recieved AOR February 12 2024 with application number,
Checked Application after 24 hours online.
Permanent resident card sent to mailing address February 12, 2024.
Recieved card on mailbox February 20, 2024.

Total No. Of Days : 24 Days.

Good day everyone!

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
Happy day! We received our PR card today! Timeline as follows:

submitted: Dec 13, 2023
Received: Feb 20, 2024

71 days - online status still saying submitted and no notification of approval/process. Good luck to all!
When did you submit the web form ?

jkbel2013

Jan 18, 2024
When did you submit the web form ?
Submitted in November but was rejected for photo and ID. Finally got it submitted Dec 13 and it stayed submitted with no update. I called last week rep said it’s processing and no updates. Then sure enough I got it today.

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
Submitted in November but was rejected for photo and ID. Finally got it submitted Dec 13 and it stayed submitted with no update. I called last week rep said it’s processing and no updates. Then sure enough I got it today.
Did you submit web form last week ? I submitted mine on Dec 12 and I'm still getting its being processed when I call the ircc.. Submitted the web form today..

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
Submitted my PR card renewal application online on Feb 15th 2024.

Today (02/22), in inspect, it says

Rejection Reason: Incomplete application
Rejection Details: "Your photos do not meet the specification (poor image quality, smiling/teeth showing, shadows, light glare) - please review Guide IMM5445

First - I haven't received any email and the status in the online portal still says "Submitted". Do I just re-submit a new application or do I have to wait for some communication to come through (will it?)?

Also, any ideas on photo? It's a digital photo from a photographer who does nothing but PR, Passport and citizenship photos. It can't get better than this. Maybe I should try submitting a sub-par scanned version instead? (that's what they accepted and approved for my initial PR application lol)

sguru01

May 11, 2021
@Rajangreen

I am in the same boat. i applied for my wife s PR card renewal on Jan 11 2024 ( first Time) and got an email that the photos don't meet specs and asked to re submit the application with new photos. So i took new digital copy and uploaded in portal again on Jan 20, 2024 and submitted the whole application. Since then it was in submitted status. But 2 days ago after seeing you all posting the inspect option , i gave it a try and 2 days ago i have seen it as " ready for review " along with the incomplete application tag in the response. Now after a day i see that the status says : "Completed" but still there is the below tag which says incomplete application. Please see the snippet from inspect tool :

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
{
"id": 23,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
"rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
"documentTypeId": null,
"createdAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"updatedAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"phaseId": 3
}
],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 3,
"phaseEn": "Renewal",
"phaseFr": "Renouvellement"

my question is : is the application approved ? if rejected , i would have seen the status with return reason on the webpage right ? but i am seeing still "submitted"
whereas the inpect option says completed. I am confused.

Can someone please throw some light ? can you guys check your status under the rejection reason tag and see if you have similar to myself ?
@bsandy Hi! Was there any update on your application?

ashwin35

Star Member
Jun 14, 2018
How does anyone talk to a customer service rep at IRCC? The auto attendant only provides options to use the automated system to obtain application status - for which application number is needed. I don't know my application number because the portal has not been updated.