+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

choo2024

Feb 6, 2024
How is everyone getting there’s so quickly. Applied for my husbands renewal on Dec 10, I have not received anything from the ircc. And now I’m concerned. Online it only asks
For proof of residency if you have not met obligation (he has not travelled in 10 years). This is extremely frustrating. I assume holidays slowed them down but we are at 60 days and can’t link our GC account no AOR. I did get a reply to an email saying they received the application when I reached out to their support, and that it would be processed in times indicated online. Maybe it’s on its way just stressing a little
Check the status via inspect method and see what the status is.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
How is everyone getting there’s so quickly. Applied for my husbands renewal on Dec 10, I have not received anything from the ircc. And now I’m concerned. Online it only asks
For proof of residency if you have not met obligation (he has not travelled in 10 years). This is extremely frustrating. I assume holidays slowed them down but we are at 60 days and can’t link our GC account no AOR. I did get a reply to an email saying they received the application when I reached out to their support, and that it would be processed in times indicated online. Maybe it’s on its way just stressing a little
The very quickly processed PR card applications are probably approved by automated decision-making. This is not for sure (hoping someone else makes the ATI requests to get more internal IRCC information about current automated decision-making) but the pattern fits for the automated decision making we do know about (going back to pilot projects in 2018).

If the automated process is structured similarly to the pilot projects (which seems likely), online applications are electronically/digitally screened (1) to verify the application is eligible for automated decision-making, and those which are eligible are then (2) screened per triage criteria, sorting applications as being low, medium, or high complex cases. ONLY the low complex applications proceed to an automated decision. Those that benefit from this will be almost immediately approved, and thus the timeline is mostly due to the logistics of physically issuing and mailing the new card.

Medium and high complex cases are likely put into the same queue as mailed in, paper applications. Current timeline for most applications is around two months. For PR card applications this is approximately how long it is taking IRCC to open the paper applications (most PR card applications are approved very quickly once they are opened).

High complex applications are likely to involve non-routine processing which will delay the decision making longer.

In any event, for low complex online applications, odds are good a new card is mailed about 50 to 60 days sooner than most applications.

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023
@jkbel2013 , nice analysis. I kind of agreeing to your assessment. Not sure though the rationale for defining complexity.
I submitted PR Card Renewal for my wife and kid and below is the timelines:

Feb 2: Submitted - status in inspect - Ready for review"
Feb 8: as per inspect - "Completed"
Awaiting to receive the PR cards.

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023

azimuthalp

Oct 27, 2014
I submitted my wife and kid's PR applications online on Dec 4th through separate PR Portal accounts. I got my kid's PR Card in just over a week (it was not an urgent application). However, for my wife's application there has not been an update. The PR Portal still shows Submitted and not able to find the application when I try to link it to my IRCC account. Both my wife and kid met the PR Obligations .. is there cause to worry or its just still within regular time frame (which I know is about 80 days) since most applications have been getting through sooner. Mine itself took about 8 weeks (applied in November).

I saw some posts referring to a way to inspect the code on the PR portal, can someone please point me to the post showing exactly what to look for and where.

Thanks.

I followed the Chrome inspect and the status shows Completed for the application(The same for mine and kid and we have received the card). Does it mean that it has started being processed? However, I am still unable to find the application when I try to link it to my IRCC account (it still points to the 5 year old application).

sguru01

May 11, 2021
I followed the Chrome inspect and the status shows Completed for the application(The same for mine and kid and we have received the card). Does it mean that it has started being processed? However, I am still unable to find the application when I try to link it to my IRCC account (it still points to the 5 year old application).
This is the ambiguous part. Some people can link the application once they see completed on inspect. Some people never see the linked application and they receive the card in a week or so after they see competed on the inspect. One person above actually called IRCC to inquire about it once they saw the complete.

jkbel2013

Jan 18, 2024
I’m starting to think it’s because I did not submit proof of residency as it’s been over 10 years and it was never a requirement. Now I’m nervous this will delay. Maybe I should call IRCC so I can advise?? Ugh my anxiety.

wassup

Feb 9, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I became a PR back in 2009 when i was 7. However, because of my parent's work obligations, I didn't spend any time inside Canada, and my PR has been expired for years. In January 2022, at the age of 18, I entered Canada via the U.S. border and have been inside Canada ever since and never left to meet the residency obligation which i met last month

I mailed in my paper application on Jan 24

As of today, I still haven't received any AOR, and I'm still not able to check my application status or connect my application to my IRCC portal.

Did anyone apply for a paper application recently? does it take this long or is it because my PR has expired for years and I'm just now renewing it?

I know the processing time rn is 59 days but i just wanted to ask because my friend who lives in my city renewed back in November and got his in the mail within two weeks

jkbel2013

Jan 18, 2024
Hi Everyone,

I became a PR back in 2009 when i was 7. However, because of my parent's work obligations, I didn't spend any time inside Canada, and my PR has been expired for years. In January 2022, at the age of 18, I entered Canada via the U.S. border and have been inside Canada ever since and never left to meet the residency obligation which i met last month

I mailed in my paper application on Jan 24

As of today, I still haven't received any AOR, and I'm still not able to check my application status or connect my application to my IRCC portal.

Did anyone apply for a paper application recently? does it take this long or is it because my PR has expired for years and I'm just now renewing it?

I know the processing time rn is 59 days but i just wanted to ask because my friend who lives in my city renewed back in November and got his in the mail within two weeks
I just got off the phone with IRCC - app submitted Dec 10 received no AOR. They said not sure why I didn’t get one but did provide me an application number and told me it’s processing. We are at the processing time so it’s not the same for all. Ours was expired for years perhaps this is why.

Reactions: sguru01

sguru01

May 11, 2021
I just got off the phone with IRCC - app submitted Dec 10 received no AOR. They said not sure why I didn’t get one but did provide me an application number and told me it’s processing. We are at the processing time so it’s not the same for all. Ours was expired for years perhaps this is why.
Thanks for the update. What number you called?

jkbel2013

Jan 18, 2024
1 (888) 242-2100. My suggestion is you call right at 8am because I’ve tried to call them numerous times previously and it’s always been too busy to transfer me. Good luck!

Reactions: sguru01

wassup

Feb 9, 2024
Alright, Thank you. I will try giving them a call on Monday and see what they say. Enjoy your weekend

unztaib

Oct 24, 2017
Hello, Recived PR card today
Application submitted: 30th Nov 2023
No AOR, got Application number over the phone. Still couldn't link with gckey, kept saying no information found. Anyways, best of luck everyone. Everyone should get their card within 2 months even if you haven't received AOR.

Reactions: jkbel2013