+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

bsandy

Star Member
Oct 8, 2014
Toronto
@Rajangreen

I am in the same boat. i applied for my wife s PR card renewal on Jan 11 2024 ( first Time) and got an email that the photos don't meet specs and asked to re submit the application with new photos. So i took new digital copy and uploaded in portal again on Jan 20, 2024 and submitted the whole application. Since then it was in submitted status. But 2 days ago after seeing you all posting the inspect option , i gave it a try and 2 days ago i have seen it as " ready for review " along with the incomplete application tag in the response. Now after a day i see that the status says : "Completed" but still there is the below tag which says incomplete application. Please see the snippet from inspect tool :

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
{
"id": 23,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
"rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
"documentTypeId": null,
"createdAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"updatedAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"phaseId": 3
}
],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 3,
"phaseEn": "Renewal",
"phaseFr": "Renouvellement"

my question is : is the application approved ? if rejected , i would have seen the status with return reason on the webpage right ? but i am seeing still "submitted"
whereas the inpect option says completed. I am confused.

Can someone please throw some light ? can you guys check your status under the rejection reason tag and see if you have similar to myself ?

sguru01

May 11, 2021
it not linking because its not yet in the IRCC system yet - this is the cause.
@CNP Thank you for your reply. Is there anyway I can delete existing linked application from the portal. Since my new application isn't in the system yet, on entering my UCI and last name, it linked to my first PR card application from 5 years ago. Is there any way to delete that linked application? Because I would try to link my recent application in 30 days or so by entering same details (UCI number and last name). Or in 30 days, when I will enter the details, it will pull up both the applications and link to the latest one as well?

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023
@Rajangreen

I am in the same boat. i applied for my wife s PR card renewal on Jan 11 2024 ( first Time) and got an email that the photos don't meet specs and asked to re submit the application with new photos. So i took new digital copy and uploaded in portal again on Jan 20, 2024 and submitted the whole application. Since then it was in submitted status. But 2 days ago after seeing you all posting the inspect option , i gave it a try and 2 days ago i have seen it as " ready for review " along with the incomplete application tag in the response. Now after a day i see that the status says : "Completed" but still there is the below tag which says incomplete application. Please see the snippet from inspect tool :

"status": {
"id": 20,
"statusEn": "Completed",
"statusFr": "Complété"
},
"rejectionReasons": [
{
"id": 23,
"rejectionReasonEn": "Incomplete application",
"rejectionReasonFr": "Demande incomplète",
"documentTypeId": null,
"createdAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"updatedAt": "2024-01-30 13:16:32.562494",
"phaseId": 3
}
],
"members": [],
"phase": {
"id": 3,
"phaseEn": "Renewal",
"phaseFr": "Renouvellement"

my question is : is the application approved ? if rejected , i would have seen the status with return reason on the webpage right ? but i am seeing still "submitted"
whereas the inpect option says completed. I am confused.

Can someone please throw some light ? can you guys check your status under the rejection reason tag and see if you have similar to myself ?
I would assume that the application status is completed when it reaches to the point that they will stop working (temp/permanent). Meaning if the application completed completed and card dispatched or about to be dispatched OR they have asked for more details.

for my rejection reason is blank. But it’s best to call IRCC and get the confirmation

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
@CNP Thank you for your reply. Is there anyway I can delete existing linked application from the portal. Since my new application isn't in the system yet, on entering my UCI and last name, it linked to my first PR card application from 5 years ago. Is there any way to delete that linked application? Because I would try to link my recent application in 30 days or so by entering same details (UCI number and last name). Or in 30 days, when I will enter the details, it will pull up both the applications and link to the latest one as well?
I dont know if you can de-link any application. However there is no need to worry, whenever your renewal application is in IRCC system, you should be able to link with same details

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
I received my PR card. So it’s confirmed that if it says completed means done. My full timeline for reference:

Jan 12: Submitted the application. The status as per inspect - “Ready for review
Jan 22: status in inspect - “Completed
Jan 24: confirmed by IRCC over phone that card has been Dispatched
Jan 31: received the card.

Note: I never received any acknowledgement neither I was able to link my application to IRCC.
Online application or Paper application?

jaymskie

Nov 6, 2023
Anyone here who submitted Pr card renewal docs and were received by W.cook? Here is my current timeline:

Sent docs thru xpresspost Jan 13, 2024
Received by IRCC in Nova Scotia received by W.cook Jan 18,2024

No latest update, no AOR or mail. Can I call Ircc to check if may papers were returned or do they send email about discrepancies?

What number can we call to confirm?

Thank you in advance.

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Makes sense. That is the reason I wasn't able to follow your steps for inspect element.
Congrats though for receiving the card & Thanks for posting.
I did call IRCC. The agent said my file is laying over there with no updates and doesn't indicate any additional docs required from my end.
The agent also said the time has surpassed the duration, and will let officers know about it. Fingers crossed

Last edited:

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
Anyone here who submitted Pr card renewal docs and were received by W.cook? Here is my current timeline:

Sent docs thru xpresspost Jan 13, 2024
Received by IRCC in Nova Scotia received by W.cook Jan 18,2024

No latest update, no AOR or mail. Can I call Ircc to check if may papers were returned or do they send email about discrepancies?

What number can we call to confirm?

Thank you in advance.
It takes time to receive AOR email. It means your application has been delivered to IRCC and they haven't opened your package yet.
My application was received by W.MACKINNON

Last edited:

jaymskie

Nov 6, 2023
It takes time to receive AOR email. It means your application has been delivered to IRCC and they haven't opened your package yet.
My application was received by W.MACKINNON
oh i see, any idea on how many days before they actually open the documents? I need my pr card not for travel but for potential job opportunity within canada. Are your documents already processed?

I have read some messages here that they did not recieved any AOR or anything but just received the PR CARD, or there are instances that no aor but when they called application number was provided instead. Im really anxious right now.

What number did you call btw.

Sjm19

Oct 8, 2018
oh i see, any idea on how many days before they actually open the documents? I need my pr card not for travel but for potential job opportunity within canada. Are your documents already processed?

I have read some messages here that they did not recieved any AOR or anything but just received the PR CARD, or there are instances that no aor but when they called application number was provided instead. Im really anxious right now.

What number did you call btw.
Yes right, some people never received AOR email and couldn't link to secure account through GC key but directly received their PR card.

In my case, my docs were delivered on Nov 30 2023 and I received AOR email on Jan 5 2024. No updates after that :(
This is the number : +1(888) 242- 2100

jaymskie

Nov 6, 2023
Yes right, some people never received AOR email and couldn't link to secure account through GC key but directly received their PR card.

In my case, my docs were delivered on Nov 30 2023 and I received AOR email on Jan 5 2024. No updates after that :(

oh my 1 month? before they did open your documents? what are they doing there? I think its too slow for paper application. I Should have just did the online application.

What number of Ircc did you call? Thanks in advance.