+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRCard Renewal 2023

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
PR Card Renewal 2023 Timeline

Applied Online: Dec.17, 2023

Linked with GcKey: Dec.21, 2023

Application Approved: Dec.27 2023 We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.
New PR card received in mail box : Jan.3 2024

Total Time: 18 Days
This information is appreciated, in particular, because it is a clear indication that automated decision-making is being employed for SOME online PR card applications.

It illustrates a totally separate timeline for those applications compared to paper applications and compared to other online applications that do not qualify for automated decision-making.

As discussed elsewhere, assuming a work-flow similar to that employed in pilot projects going back to 2018, it is likely the online application is machine-screened to identify and separate applications meeting the criteria for automated decision-making, and then machine-screened based on triage criteria as to complexity of case, and then ONLY LOW COMPLEXITY applications get the automated decision-making. Medium and High Complexity cases return to the routine process. (Of course the procedures may be different; we need more information from IRCC about this.)

While many of the factors that will likely make an application High Complexity are more or less obvious (concerns about Residency Obligation compliance; perception that PR is outside Canada; H&C cases), we do not know what distinguishes a Medium Complexity case from a Low Complexity case. Generally, nonetheless, PRs who are cutting-it-close in regards to RO compliance (no idea how close) and those who are not more or less clearly well-settled in Canada (or at least whose circumstances suggest they have not yet made Canada their in-fact permanent home), probably do not meet the criteria for Low Complexity and probably should NOT expect to benefit from automated decision-making.

Reactions: Sjm19

skyzee

Star Member
Dec 19, 2016
Vancouver, B.C.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
05-01-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-10-2016
Interview........
BGC-In Progress: 22-02-2017, DM: 06-04-2017
Passport Req..
11-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-24-2017
This information is appreciated, in particular, because it is a clear indication that automated decision-making is being employed for SOME online PR card applications.

It illustrates a totally separate timeline for those applications compared to paper applications and compared to other online applications that do not qualify for automated decision-making.

As discussed elsewhere, assuming a work-flow similar to that employed in pilot projects going back to 2018, it is likely the online application is machine-screened to identify and separate applications meeting the criteria for automated decision-making, and then machine-screened based on triage criteria as to complexity of case, and then ONLY LOW COMPLEXITY applications get the automated decision-making. Medium and High Complexity cases return to the routine process. (Of course the procedures may be different; we need more information from IRCC about this.)

While many of the factors that will likely make an application High Complexity are more or less obvious (concerns about Residency Obligation compliance; perception that PR is outside Canada; H&C cases), we do not know what distinguishes a Medium Complexity case from a Low Complexity case. Generally, nonetheless, PRs who are cutting-it-close in regards to RO compliance (no idea how close) and those who are not more or less clearly well-settled in Canada (or at least whose circumstances suggest they have not yet made Canada their in-fact permanent home), probably do not meet the criteria for Low Complexity and probably should NOT expect to benefit from automated decision-making.
Never even thought of an automated process being in place for approving these PR cards, so thanks for sharing that very real possibility. I was hoping for a quick approval after seeing the timelines in this thread, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen given that my wife (PR) is not living in Canada and thus likely put us in a higher complexity case.

Our PR Card Renewal Timeline (We are both currently living in the US full-time):

Applied Online: Dec.19, 2023
Submission Received / Linked with GcKey: Dec. 21, 2023
Application Approved: TBD
Pick-up Requested: TBD

HNJ

Star Member
Mar 20, 2017
Hello Everyone, my wife’s pr renewal got approved on 28th Nov, and they said it couple take upto six weeks. However we have still not received the card. Earlier on gckey it was showing dispatched and could take 6 weeks but now this message is not showing up instead status is showing document is valid.
Any advise / suggestions?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello Everyone, my wife’s pr renewal got approved on 28th Nov, and they said it couple take upto six weeks. However we have still not received the card. Earlier on gckey it was showing dispatched and could take 6 weeks but now this message is not showing up instead status is showing document is valid.
Any advise / suggestions?
Check if the card was returned to IRCC (assuming you mean the card was dispatched on 28th Nov which seems very long)

ps2fan

Feb 3, 2011
Thanks to this thread it was very helpful

PR Card Renewal 2024 Timeline

Applied Online: Jan 03 2024

Linked with GcKey: Jan 11 2024 (For some reason i was trying since the 4th but the system would always come back stating it could not find an application. However when i tried on 11th it was able to find my application )

Application Approved: Jan11 2024 We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

Rajangreen

Dec 4, 2023
Hello Everyone. Sorry for the redundant question. But can someone route me to the right page or thread to understand:
- Why do we need PR Card Renewal application to be linked to GCKey
- How to do that
- When to do that

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Jsscwgn

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hello everyone! Does anybody here submitted their paper application last week of november? Did you get an email already? Submitted my paper application november 24 and I haven't heard from them yet :(

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Where do i apply it online ? I only see link for postal application: Application to get, renew or replace a Permanent Resident Card (PR Card) - Canada.ca

Also, Me and my son (5 years old) need to apply for PR card renewal, but he has been in Canada only for 1 year in past five years, I have been in Canada for more than 3 years. Does he also require to meet the residency obligations?
Try this:

https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

or

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/how-to-apply-online.html

gckiran

Jun 6, 2022
Me and my son (5 years old) need to apply for PR card renewal, but he has been in Canada only for 1 year in past five years, I have been in Canada for more than 3 years. Does he also require to meet the residency obligations?

saranya21

Star Member
May 21, 2018
Hello everyone.
I applied online for PR renewal on Jan 8 2024. The application shows submitted. When I try to link it to my IRCC account, it linked my first PR application from back in 2019. Is it because its too early ? Any advise on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Hello everyone.
I applied online for PR renewal on Jan 8 2024. The application shows submitted. When I try to link it to my IRCC account, it linked my first PR application from back in 2019. Is it because its too early ? Any advise on this will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
That is correct, it is too early to link. You would only be able to link renewal application once the processing starts

Reactions: ruchi6464