12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
Hi All,
I got my pr card in mail today in less than a month after submitting the application through the online portal.
Application Submitted - 25 OCT 2023
A few days ago I saw an update on the portal with the message "Primary identification is not provided". I panicked but after going through the threads on this forum, i got to know that the portal message should be ignored.
Thank you all for sharing your experiences.
Hi how do you linked your application?

ramansingh05

Dec 15, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi Visa Office
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CRS- 422
Doc's Request.
Awaited
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
AOR Received.
Awaited
IELTS Request
08-10-2016
Med's Request
12-05-2017
Med's Done....
12-05-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
LANDED..........
Awaited
@ramansingh05 I wasn’t able to link the application.
i kept checking the pr card portal and it got updated on monday this week with the comment that application returned as primary identification not attached.
You talking about the PR Portal right?

iamvenus

Feb 5, 2014
Category........
FAM
It's been a long time since I logged into this forum. I just recently renewed my PR and remembered how helpful this forum is. Through here, I discovered I needed to link my application to my IRCC account so I could check the status of my application.

I initially submitted my application on September 25, 2023. It was returned on October 23, 2023 because my picture did not meet the specifications. I admit, I submitted it despite the online portal was telling me my photo was "too bright or too dark". So when I received the email that it was due to my photo, I edited my photo, online portal accepted it, then I resubmitted my application that day. Tonight, after linking my application, I found out my application was approved on November 15, 2023, and my PR card has already been mailed. I received a Canada Post notice in the mailbox this morning, so maybe this is it.

Thank you to everyone in this forum!

Nov 7, 2017
Sharing my PR renewal timeline:
  • Sep 18 - Submitted online application with a scanned copy of an old photo.
    • It got returned same day for the photo not meeting requirements.
  • Sep 19 - Submitted online application with a new photo.
    • It was an urgent application with a flimsy reason where I said I needed to travel for work on Nov 6th.
    • The status in the PR portal said 'Submitted' and the return reason was 'Primary identification is not provided', even though the application wasn't actually returned.
    • I was never able to link this application to my IRCC account. I received no other status updates.
  • Nov 22 - Received new PR card in the mail.

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Which country's passport do you hold? If it's anything other than the U.S., you could have a problem returning to Canada via a commercial carrier without a valid PR card or PRTD.

A valid PR Card or PRTD is only a requirement for a commercial carrier, NOT CBSA (although it's always recommended). All CBSA needs to see is evidence that you are a PR and have not lost or renounced your status.
India passport.
Travelling out of Canada on 18-Feb2024. PR expires 8-Jan2024. Application got rejected due to issues with the photo. Resubmitted on 21-Nov.
Does the PRTD get issued fairly quickly? I think PRTD seems to be the option for me to make the international travel.

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Sharing my PR renewal timeline:
  • Sep 18 - Submitted online application with a scanned copy of an old photo.
    • It got returned same day for the photo not meeting requirements.
  • Sep 19 - Submitted online application with a new photo.
    • It was an urgent application with a flimsy reason where I said I needed to travel for work on Nov 6th.
    • The status in the PR portal said 'Submitted' and the return reason was 'Primary identification is not provided', even though the application wasn't actually returned.
    • I was never able to link this application to my IRCC account. I received no other status updates.
  • Nov 22 - Received new PR card in the mail.
Thanks for sharing. Which supporting document did you provide to support "travel for work" reason?

Neil_t

Jun 20, 2018
Need help/suggestions:
I am not able to link my PR renewal application to my IRCC account. After filling out all the info, it only shows me the application that was submitted for my first PR card back in 2018. Anybody faced similar issue?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
Need help/suggestions:
I am not able to link my PR renewal application to my IRCC account. After filling out all the info, it only shows me the application that was submitted for my first PR card back in 2018. Anybody faced similar issue?
That is most likely because your renewal application is not on system yet as processing may not have started. You will only be able to link when it starts.

IbyE

Mar 4, 2021
Hi all,
Timeline:
PR obtained: Mar 2018
(Soft landing at the time multiple vistis and holidays to Canada, though nothing longer than one month. Established residence in Sep2021).
Total days in Canada when PR renewal sent 733
Online renewal application submitted: 7th Nov 2023
No update, emails or change on online portal after submission. Status just says submitted.
Follow-up with IRCC over call: Nov. 23, 2023. The agent told me your card has been mailed on 22 Nov 2023.
Waiting for the new card
Total time 15 days from Submission to card mailed out
Congratulations! Could you please share which number you used to call IRCC? I have not been able to speak to an agent for months now. Submitted my application in March along with those for my children. My children got theirs and I am still awaiting mine.

Torrykitten

Sep 21, 2023
Need help/suggestions:
Hi Neil, I have the same issue. Check this thread, what‘s the document status of your first PR card in IRCC account now? https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cant-link-the-renewal-but-old-pr-card-validity-changed.828206/

prasquants

Jun 15, 2017
Hi Folks - For PR Renewal online application form "4.2 Work and Educational History (Inside and Outside Canada)" - How do we account for days between job changes (like a weekend between previous and a new job), do we explicitly create a new row for these gaps (a day or two/weekend) and call out unemployed?. Also, what if we had like a break/gap of a week or 10 days between jobs - do we create a new row for it and write unemployed?. How have folks in the forum filled out this section?.
Further, for Section 4.2 - City/Town section for work history, if we work remotely, do we write our Office city/town or our residence city/town?. Many thanks

Last edited:

bsingh

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-01-2015
Hi all, do I need to create separate accounts for my parents or I can use one account? Thanks!