+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi Friends,
Hope all are safe and doing well!!!

Me and my family did short landing in Canada on August 03, 2015 and left 10 August 2015.
We did final landing on May 25, 2018 and never left outside of Canada since May 25, 2018. Our PR Card is going to expire on 24th September 2020 and we are applying for renewal. I need some advise for PR card renewal documents.

On IRCC website its mention to submit following documents for applicants over 18 years:-

Your valid passport or travel document or the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident). My concern is I have to attach all passport pages or only Bio-information page and photocopy should be color?

If you are under the age of 18

A clear and legible photocopy of the following documents:

your birth certificate (showing your name, date of birth, place of birth and the names of your parents or adoptive parents);
if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records). My concern is do I have to submit birth certificate or school report card. I have birth certificate but it is not in English and have to do translation of those documents.
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Other concerns should I attach tax returns, lease agreements, Job information upfront with application to make my case more clear.

Thanks and good luck to all!!
Hi there, for my renewal I included all the pages that had stamps on them in the passport. hope that helps.

sarwat69

Aug 12, 2020
Hi dear
Did someone receive their PR card recently ( between ARR till AUG 2020 after Covid 19 my file says decision made on 19MAR but no news about PR card it seems they are not printing PR cards since MAR2020

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi dear
Did someone receive their PR card recently ( between ARR till AUG 2020 after Covid 19 my file says decision made on 19MAR but no news about PR card it seems they are not printing PR cards since MAR2020
I would send a webform and/or call them as I believe there are others who have been caught with this too.

gurisg

Mar 14, 2020
Same is the case with me. It says Decision made and it was made on 26 Feb 2020. Till then there is no update. I called them and also put into web form. They say that my card has been produced and was sent to local IRCC office for normal pickup but Local office has not given any appointment or pickup order till date. But they have assured me that every thing is positive and favourable. It is due to The COVID19 that delay has been made and it's going to be 8 months now Since the Decision was made. All depends on them.

sarwat69

Aug 12, 2020
I would send a webform and/or call them as I believe there are others who have been caught with this too.
i had noticed this forum is quite since JUNE my i presume that due covid PR card production is on halt that's why i would like to know if someone on this forum received their renewed PR card during last 3 months

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Same is the case with me. It says Decision made and it was made on 26 Feb 2020. Till then there is no update. I called them and also put into web form. They say that my card has been produced and was sent to local IRCC office for normal pickup but Local office has not given any appointment or pickup order till date. But they have assured me that every thing is positive and favourable. It is due to The COVID19 that delay has been made and it's going to be 8 months now Since the Decision was made. All depends on them.
Can you go to or make an appointment to go to the local office?

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
i had noticed this forum is quite since JUNE my i presume that due covid PR card production is on halt that's why i would like to know if someone on this forum received their renewed PR card during last 3 months
Someone just received the cards (renewal) today. I see lots of people received new cards too. Your case isn't normal, contact IRCC.

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi all did anyone heard anything about renewal from March 25 and up !! my application received March 25th and no emails no calls from IRCC

sarwat69

Aug 12, 2020
Someone just received the cards (renewal) today. I see lots of people received new cards too. Your case isn't normal, contact IRCC.
i contacted them today i was told that they just started printing from first week august and i might get my cards soon in mail

Reactions: canvisa13

Orlaith

Nov 15, 2013
Hi all did anyone heard anything about renewal from March 25 and up !! my application received March 25th and no emails no calls from IRCC
My application was received on March 6 and I got an AOR on July 31. Someone else had an application in on March 5th and got an AOR on 27th July - and now have their card. If the pattern is to be followed (which it may well not) you should be getting an AOR towards the end of August. Hang in there! Any day now......