+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

IReev

Apr 12, 2020
Most members of this forum recommend to have a buffer of a couple of months (at least) to avoid increased scrutiny of your application.

While you will technically be in compliance with 732 days, it is definitely inviting IRCC to take a closer look, which may lead to minor or even major delays. And if you do decide to apply with only 732 days, you’d better be 100% sure about your calculation because the tiniest mistake could lead to falling short, which could in turn result in revocation of your PR status as worst case outcome.

What’s is the rush anyways? If you don’t need to travel, there is no need to apply immediately.
Thank you for prompt response. Can my family submit theirs since they have far exceeded RO requirements. They need to travel out in September but I can hang in.

But have we had a smooth sail for anyone in this forum whose days was similar to mine?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello, I am planning PR renewal next month, But due to this COVID19 issue, do i still need to submit the 2 passport photos ? or some old photos will work. How did you guys apply ?

keshav R

Jun 1, 2015
Hi All, I sent my PR Card Renewal application courier in 3-March-2020. I still have no response or no status. Waiting fingers crossed!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Hello, All the passport photo shops are closed and as per check list passport size photos are required, how can i submit my PR renewal application ? . can i send them old photos ?

hope20201978

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello, All the passport photo shops are closed and as per check list passport size photos are required, how can i submit my PR renewal application ? . can i send them old photos ?
Nope don’t send the old pictures because . They changed the sizes . And you can get your picture done from shoppers drug mart

Otakukid

Mar 26, 2014
British Columbia
Wow...

Sent my Expired PR card renewal mid April since I finally had time to do so and no sign of it being received yet. Checked the processing time which was updated a couple days ago and now it's 174 days!!! Crazy! As it was just less than a month processing time a few months ago. Not urgent given current world events, I just hope I won't have to do any emergency travelling within the next 6 months... I hope I can get it renewed by Christmas as I plan to visit some family then.

Interestingly enough I've sent off my citizenship application also and the website still states it is 12 months from the date received to be granted Citizenship. I wonder how accurate that processing time is now.

rizwan150

Jan 16, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-04-2014
Doc's Request.
24-06-2014
Nomination.....
07-05-2014
Med's Request
26-06-2014 (Self MR + RPRF for both) & 31-07-2014 (Spouse MR),
Med's Done....
06-07-2014 (Self) & 18-08-2014 (Spouse)
Passport Req..
PPR-1 + PPR-2: 17-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015, Passport Received: 17-03-2015
LANDED..........
26-05-2015
I have sent PR card renewal applications for myself and my family. I need to know how to check the tracking now ? Read somewhere, that ECAS also shows some status and also on canada.ca website we have to make account to see some status.

Can someone please help me with this to understand what information to look for (For tracking status) and how ?

quebec2013

Aug 27, 2013
Hi Friends,
Hope all are safe and doing well!!!

Me and my family did short landing in Canada on August 03, 2015 and left 10 August 2015.
We did final landing on May 25, 2018 and never left outside of Canada since May 25, 2018. Our PR Card is going to expire on 24th September 2020 and we are applying for renewal. I need some advise for PR card renewal documents.

On IRCC website its mention to submit following documents for applicants over 18 years:-

Your valid passport or travel document or the passport or travel document you had when you became a permanent resident (if applicable, include the passport page that was stamped when you arrived in Canada and became a permanent resident). My concern is I have to attach all passport pages or only Bio-information page and photocopy should be color?

If you are under the age of 18

A clear and legible photocopy of the following documents:

your birth certificate (showing your name, date of birth, place of birth and the names of your parents or adoptive parents);
if you have a legal guardian, submit legal documentation issued by a Canadian court which proves guardianship; or
a photocopy of your school records (report cards, transcripts, attendance records). My concern is do I have to submit birth certificate or school report card. I have birth certificate but it is not in English and have to do translation of those documents.
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation (if they’re not a certified translator); and
  • a certified copy of the original document.
Other concerns should I attach tax returns, lease agreements, Job information upfront with application to make my case more clear.

Thanks and good luck to all!!

Last edited: