+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

QueenAA

Feb 26, 2020
I have news today :)
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on January 30, 2020.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 13, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on February 13, 2020.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 5, 2020.

LaLondon

Apr 24, 2019
did ever happened to say decision made, and to be rejected, cause we don’t know yet if it was approved .

felixtae

Star Member
Sep 4, 2013
How do I view my

How do I view my application in ECAS?
Thanks for the link. It says that my card was sent on 5 March. Typically, how long does it take for the card to arrive, as I have not received it as of today and it has been 8 days since they sent it.

RVR

Dec 9, 2019
Thanks for the link. It says that my card was sent on 5 March. Typically, how long does it take for the card to arrive, as I have not received it as of today and it has been 8 days since they sent it.
On an average it takes 3 days for printing in case of renewal and then Canada post might take 3 days for delivery. But there could be delays.

ottawaalex

Nov 25, 2019
You might need to contact them, because it shouldn’t take more than a week to receive mail anywhere in Canada.For me it took 3 or 4 days to receive from Sydney to near Ottawa.

gurisg

Mar 14, 2020
I APPLIED FOR PR RENEWAL ON DEC 9, 2019. MY CURRENT STATUS SHOWING ON ECAS IS
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2020.
AND DECISION MADE WAS ON 11 FEBRUARY 2020 WHEN I OPENED MY LOGIN ECAS. I CALLED IRCC ON 28 FEB 2020 THE AGENT REPLIED THAT MY CARD HAS BEEN MAILED ON 26 FEBRUARY 2020 TO LOCAL IRCC HAMILTON OFFICE AND I WILL BR RECEIVING MAIL FROM LOCAL IRCC OFFICE FOR CARD PICK UP BUT TODAY IS MARCH 14 2020 AND NO MAIL HAS BEEN SENT CAN ANY BODY TELL HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR LOCAL IRCC OFFICE TO SEND THE MAIL FOR CARD PICKUP

optimaxx

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
NOC Code......
I APPLIED FOR PR RENEWAL ON DEC 9, 2019. MY CURRENT STATUS SHOWING ON ECAS IS
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 13, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 7, 2020.
  3. We started processing your application on January 7, 2020.
AND DECISION MADE WAS ON 11 FEBRUARY 2020 WHEN I OPENED MY LOGIN ECAS. I CALLED IRCC ON 28 FEB 2020 THE AGENT REPLIED THAT MY CARD HAS BEEN MAILED ON 26 FEBRUARY 2020 TO LOCAL IRCC HAMILTON OFFICE AND I WILL BR RECEIVING MAIL FROM LOCAL IRCC OFFICE FOR CARD PICK UP BUT TODAY IS MARCH 14 2020 AND NO MAIL HAS BEEN SENT CAN ANY BODY TELL HOW LONG IT TAKES FOR LOCAL IRCC OFFICE TO SEND THE MAIL FOR CARD PICKUP
have you checked processing times or your status of the application? How long have you now waiting for the email?

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Is there anybody whose application was sent in Feb / Mar, who has received email acknowledging receipt, or who is able to see ECAS status online?

Trentjudith

Dec 22, 2019
Is there anybody whose application was sent in Feb / Mar, who has received email acknowledging receipt, or who is able to see ECAS status online?
it seems they stopped processing applications received as of March - or at least may have slowed it down dramatically -

IReev

Apr 12, 2020
Hello, I will be 732 days (RO) in Canada by July exactly on my landing date, but my family members would be 784 days. I plan to submit my PR renewal application then. Is the 732 days going to work against me or can it delay my renewal process?
My guess is that I am fine RO wise with 732 days, but I will welcome some guidance. Thank you.

Besram

Jun 13, 2019
Hello, I will be 732 days (RO) in Canada by July exactly on my landing date, but my family members would be 784 days. I plan to submit my PR renewal application then. Is the 732 days going to work against me or can it delay my renewal process?
My guess is that I am fine RO wise with 732 days, but I will welcome some guidance. Thank you.
Most members of this forum recommend to have a buffer of a couple of months (at least) to avoid increased scrutiny of your application.

While you will technically be in compliance with 732 days, it is definitely inviting IRCC to take a closer look, which may lead to minor or even major delays. And if you do decide to apply with only 732 days, you’d better be 100% sure about your calculation because the tiniest mistake could lead to falling short, which could in turn result in revocation of your PR status as worst case outcome.

What’s is the rush anyways? If you don’t need to travel, there is no need to apply immediately.