+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

Sejal345

Aug 14, 2017
Hi, our Urgent PRC renewal application was received on Nov 29, 2019 by CIC as I could track from Canada Post tracking. Our PR cards are expired. I wnat to ask 2 things:
1. By when can we expect the PR cards if all goes well?
2. My son has to travel to US on Dec19,2019. Can I expect PRC by then. Or can we apply for his travel documents before he travels out of Canada?
Just a thought. He doesnt really need pr card to travel out of country. So if pr card arrives after he has left you can send it to him to enter canada as usual. Correct me if im wrong anybody. I think you can courier them can u? Unless he is not staying long out of country and has to return immediately.

RVR

Dec 9, 2019
Just a thought. He doesnt really need pr card to travel out of country. So if pr card arrives after he has left you can send it to him to enter canada as usual. Correct me if im wrong anybody. I think you can courier them can u? Unless he is not staying long out of country and has to return immediately.
Hi,
My son has to travel back to Canada in 3 days. So mailing is not an option.

Reactions: Sejal345

RVR

Dec 9, 2019
My timelines for Urgent PR card processing for my family is as below:
1. Nov 28-Submitted applications for renewal of PR Cards
2. Dec18-Received AOR
Please advise how much time does it take to get the Pr cards after AOR. I have requested through Webform for urgent processing and if we can pick up the cards from the local office, but do not know if they would consider it. I shared his travel tickets for Dec20 along with the webform.

Last edited:

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
My timelines for Urgent PR card processing for my family is as below:
1. Nov 28-Submitted applications for renewal of PR Cards
2. Dec18-Received AOR
Please advise how much time does it take to get the Pr cards after AOR. I have requested through Webform for urgent processing and if we can pick up the cards from the local office, but do not know if they would consider it. I shared his travel tickets for Dec20 along with the webform.
Less than a week maybe. That's how long I got mine. They still have to check if you got complete papers. Then submit it for printing then mail it.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
Does anyone know, after sending application, when can we link the application in CIC online account? Do we need to wait for AoR?
The application does not get linked online yet, with various combinations

Snowman1308

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Hi everybody question about my situation.

I was sponsered as a PR by my wife and landed in 2018. After three months in Canada I found out that she was having an affair and I left her immediately and legally separated. I decided to stay because I had sold my car, house and I had left my job back at home so I really didnt have anywhere else to go and just kept on living where I was.

Last November I lost my PR card and submitted an application to get a new one.

It was AOR today and I have linked it to my account.

In the form that I submitted I stated that my new status is legally separated and I am scared that they will be suspicious about it. Is it a legit concern or is it something that they don't look at when it's just a replacement of the card?
I am not afraid as I have many proofs of what she did to me and I am in good faith, but I am also not looking forward to get scrutinized by IRCC and have to wait a long time plus eventually involve lawyers. Not to mention have to speak with the woman that destroyed my life...

Thanks a lot

rish_ind

Oct 31, 2012
Hi All,

There is a Biometrics requirement from 3rd Dec 2019.

The requirements mentioned on the website is confusing (At least for me!).
It says:

"If you apply for a permanent resident card, you don’t need to give your biometrics.

However, you’ll need to give your biometrics if:

• you were less than 14 years old when we received your application for permanent residence and you applied for permanent residence on or after December 31, 2018
  • AND
  • you’re now older than 14 years old and are applying for a new permanent resident card, a replacement or renewal"
What does this mean?
Our PR from 2015 and Country on the passport is from India.
My daughter will <14 when we will apply, so that means we need to do biometrics or not, for any of us (Me, my wife and daughter)?

Please clarify.
Thanks, a lot in advance.

Rel23

Nov 8, 2019
Does anyone know, after sending application, when can we link the application in CIC online account? Do we need to wait for AoR?
The application does not get linked online yet, with various combinations
You'll have to wait for the AOR. Also, for place of birth, you'll have to put the one in your passport if you're not doing that already. That one step made it difficultf for me to link it.

Reactions: simfhs

RVR

Dec 9, 2019
Less than a week maybe. That's how long I got mine. They still have to check if you got complete papers. Then submit it for printing then mail it.
Today the application was processed and the card was sent for printing at 1pm. Hope I get the card by tomorrow morning. He has a noon flight to catch.

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
The daughter moved to Canada with the status of a permanent resident and with a valid PR card!
Then - the card has expired.
But she does not have 730 days of residence in Canada. Now she lives and works in Canada. 4 months ago she applied for a renewal of the card, with a letter in which she wrote very serious reasons, why she was absent in Canada for so long.
Now how 4 months, she sees the same status-" in the process". And the same answer from the support service-" documents are submitted for consideration to the local office."
She can’t even leave Canada for a few days. Becаuse she doesn’t have 730 days. And no one will give her PRTD to drive back to Canada.
How to meet with an emigration officer and at least find out what's going on?
No one is calling ...
Nobody writes..
The same status " in process."- 4 months!
What should she do?
Where to go?
Just to sit and wait?

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The same status " in process."- 4 months!
What should she do?
Where to go?
Just to sit and wait?
At this juncture, best to be pleased with waiting longer, the longer the better. Given the breach of RO, there is a real RISK of a decision terminating her PR status and being Deported. Would have been much better to just WAIT for another year plus some before applying for a new PR card. But what is done is done, so now there is not much to do but wait. And if keeping PR status is important, to STAY in Canada while waiting.

LONGER OBSERVATIONS:

When they apply for a new PR card, even PRs cutting-it-close, let alone those having overt RO compliance issues, sometimes encounter processing timelines ranging from 8 to 10 months, some going longer than a YEAR.

The PR can travel abroad in the meantime. BUT there are big risks doing that. Canada will not prevent it. Canada does not prohibit the PR from going abroad. But like many decisions in life, there are potential consequences. Going abroad again can hurt the H&C case for overcoming the breach or can trigger being Reported and issued a Departure Order when she returns to Canada, and unless she can travel via the U.S., so as to come to the Canadian border by land, in order to fly back to Canada she would need to apply for a PR TD and in that make a strong H&C case, which is difficult and risky.

ALSO, BEWARE, PRs who apply for a new PR card who are well short of meeting the PR Residency Obligation (and thus relying on H&C reasons for keeping their PR status) often are referred to the local office for a RO compliance determination, and this can happen significantly sooner than the timeline for the referral to Secondary Review commonly experienced by those PRs cutting-it-close. AND this procedure can lead to the LOSS of PR status.

Thus this was risky . . .

But she does not have 730 days of residence in Canada. Now she lives and works in Canada. 4 months ago she applied for a renewal of the card, with a letter in which she wrote very serious reasons, why she was absent in Canada for so long.
Again this was RISKY. Actually, very risky. This could lead to a formal Residency Obligation determination resulting in a decision that she has failed to comply with the RO, is inadmissible, and the issuance of a Departure Order. The loss of PR status.

If her H&C reasons are sufficient, IRCC could determine those reasons justify her retention of PR status. H&C cases are almost always TRICKY and most often rather difficult. For a PR who has managed to return to Canada despite the breach of the RO, it is almost always better to STAY put for as long as it takes to get into compliance BEFORE applying for a new PR card, and before traveling abroad.

Leading to . . .

She can’t even leave Canada for a few days. Becаuse she doesn’t have 730 days. And no one will give her PRTD to drive back to Canada.
She can leave. Her choice.

And if she can "drive back" to the border with Canada, Canada will allow her entry (assuming she does in fact have PR status). No PR TD needed (she would need a PR TD to board a plane flying to Canada). When she arrives at the border, coming back, she might be reported for a breach of the PR Residency Obligation. So it is NOT a good idea to make such a trip. BUT CANADA is NOT prohibiting or preventing her from traveling abroad.

Even if she is given a brand new PR card, UNLESS there is an affirmative H&C decision waiving her breach of the PR RO, she would face the same issues traveling abroad anyway, since like every other PR she could be examined about PR RO compliance upon arrival at the Canadian PoE. And if she has not been in Canada at least 730 days within the previous five years, even with a brand new PR card she is in breach of the RO and could be reported and issued a Departure Order.

PRs who have not complied with the PR RO, with or without good reasons, face the risk of losing PR status. This is no crime. This does not involve any penalties, let alone incarceration in prison or anything like prison.

For PRs who have not complied with the PR RO, it is well known they can CURE the breach by simply staying in Canada. To what extent the individual PR feels compelled by this to stay in Canada, that is a matter of PERSONAL priorities. This bears ZERO resemblance to being in prison.

And it is NOT true that a PR TD is absolutely not available to a PR abroad who has not complied with the RO; if the PR has a legitimate H&C case, the visa office MUST consider that and make a fair decision as to whether the H&C reasons justify retention of PR status. Yes, it is very difficult to make that case. It is very, very RISKY to go abroad and rely on having H&C reasons sufficient to overcome the breach. And this is true for the PoE examination as well as for making a PR TD application. Indeed, again this is true for the PoE examination EVEN IF the PR is carrying a brand new PR card.

Sejal345

Aug 14, 2017
Finally received an AOR email today on 20th Dec. Application was received on 2nd Dec. Have not been able to link to the application status update page on cic. Says no record found yet. Should i wait or is there a glitch? Someone assist please!!

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
My application for permanent resident card was received on November 18th
Email last night December 9th saying the application was received by immigration
Online status changed to decision made this morning December 10th.

I will update when anything else changes.

They put my mailing address as the address on my passport and not the one I supplied. My home address on the online portal is correct but the mailing address is the one on my passport. I am waiting to speak to them at the call center to rectify this at the moment as I can't change the mailing address through the portal. I hope this can be changed fast as I have a trip planned in 2 weeks.
May i know the current status ? I send application on nov 18 abd got AOR on dec 13. In process is current status.

Lady_Ashka

Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I got my AOR on Dec 18th, but on Dec 20th they asked my for a copy of my provincial driving license. Any idea why? I didn't submit it with the application (,which is due to a name change).

They gave an email I can send it to and I did on the 20th, but I haven't received any confirmation of receipt or anything like that and now I'm wondering if I should contact them and make sure they got it and all is well or just wait?

Does anyone know when they go on holiday break?

Just wondering how delayed my card will be... and hoping I sent the email correctly so that they consider it.

simfhs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2016
I got my AOR on Dec 18th, but on Dec 20th they asked my for a copy of my provincial driving license. Any idea why? I didn't submit it with the application (,which is due to a name change).

They gave an email I can send it to and I did on the 20th, but I haven't received any confirmation of receipt or anything like that and now I'm wondering if I should contact them and make sure they got it and all is well or just wait?

Does anyone know when they go on holiday break?

Just wondering how delayed my card will be... and hoping I sent the email correctly so that they consider it.
I also sent application after name change, maybe I will have to do the same.
Usually there won't be an acknowledgement for the additional document they require. So that should be fine.