+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

kot81

May 15, 2017
Received DM yesterday and PR Card mailed today. My timeline:
October 7 Application received
October 30 Acknowledgement email
October 31 Decision Made
November 1 Your application was approved. We mailed your permanent resident card to you. Your card can take up to six weeks to arrive.

navali

May 23, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trying to determine which of the following would be the answer against

TRAVEL HISTORY: Period to be Assessed

with the following parameters:
Landing / Became PR: 15 Dec 2014
PR Renewal Application Date: 8 Nov 2019

1. From 15 Dec 2014 To 15 Dec 2019 (Covers 5 years from PR Landing Date)

2. From 8 Nov 2014 To 8 Nov 2019 (Covers 5 years from the date I am submitting renewal application)

3. From 15 Dec 2014 To 8 Nov 2019 (covers 4 years 10 moths - It is the period from landing till submitting new application)

Also 2nd Question please:

Under Travel History which dates should I use for “From” and “To”

From Date: is it the date I was outside of Canada or the date I was at airport and was boarding the flight
To Date: is it the date I arrived inside Canada or one day before while on the way

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Here's my timeline:
1.Application package sent on Oct 7 and received on Oct 9.
2.Ack received on Nov 1.
3.Processing started on Nov 1.
4.Approved on Nov 4 and the card received on Nov 7.

Looks like it followed pretty much the timeline posted.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Trying to determine which of the following would be the answer against

TRAVEL HISTORY: Period to be Assessed

My two cents are below
1. From 15 Dec 2014 To 15 Dec 2019 (Covers 5 years from PR Landing Date)

Also 2nd Question please:

From Date: .....the date I was at airport and was boarding the flight
To Date: .......one day before while on the way

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I applied for my kids (under 18) PR Card renewal and the application was recieved by CIC on July 19, 2019. Then on September 18, 2019 I was requested to send it the photocopies of their passports, entry exit record from countries of citizenship, and any documents supporting physical presence in Canada. I sent in the documents by October 18, 2019 since I was given 30 days. No update yet. Upon calling the agents, they said the file is in Sydney.
Is it something to worry about if they ask for these documents?

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
I applied for my kids (under 18) PR Card renewal and the application was recieved by CIC on July 19, 2019. Then on September 18, 2019 I was requested to send it the photocopies of their passports, entry exit record from countries of citizenship, and any documents supporting physical presence in Canada. I sent in the documents by October 18, 2019 since I was given 30 days. No update yet. Upon calling the agents, they said the file is in Sydney.
Is it something to worry about if they ask for these documents?
How many days did you live in Canada before submitting your application?

In July 2019 when you sent your documents, did you authorize CIC to ask about your report entries from CBSA?

Did you authorized cic to ask for your tax reports from CRA?

What documents did you sent to supporting physical presence in Canada? Employed records maybe?

Maybe your request is part of those that choose to verify the quality service of CIC.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
How many days did you live in Canada before submitting your application?

In July 2019 when you sent your documents, did you authorize CIC to ask about your report entries from CBSA?

Did you authorized cic to ask for your tax reports from CRA?

What documents did you sent to supporting physical presence in Canada? Employed records maybe?

Maybe your request is part of those that choose to verify the quality service of CIC.
They had lived almost 4 years - 3 years and 7 months to be exact.
Yes I authorized them. The history they requested was supposed to be given from Country of Citizenship or countries they've travelled to.
I sent the lease agreements which has rhe kids' name, and school records (report cards)
What is quality assurance check and what exactly is the process of it? How much delay should we expect?

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
They had lived almost 4 years - 3 years and 7 months to be exact.
Yes I authorized them. The history they requested was supposed to be given from Country of Citizenship or countries they've travelled to.
I sent the lease agreements which has rhe kids' name, and school records (report cards)
What is quality assurance check and what exactly is the process of it? How much delay should we expect?
As I understand the pr card renewal request is just for your children and not for you, that's it? if it's the case CIC only wants to make sure your children have been in Canada at least 730 days in the last 5 years.

The quality control of requests is only to know if the requests are complete and respect the obligation of residence. They are chosen randomly. There is nothing to worry about. For the timiline I dont rally know.

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
Yes the application is only for my children. So that means this isnt secondary review right? Because the file is in Sydney.
I would not be able to confirm it to you but most likely it is not a secondary revision because when it happens it is not Sidney who deals with, it is a local immigration office. Anyway CiC would have told you if it was a secondary revision.

Don’t worry it’s a normal process you’re going to have news soon.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I would not be able to confirm it to you but most likely it is not a secondary revision because when it happens it is not Sidney who deals with, it is a local immigration office. Anyway CiC would have told you if it was a secondary revision.

Don’t worry it’s a normal process you’re going to have news soon.
Oh okay, thank you so much.
Also, if anyone else has gone through this, I would appreciate if you can tell your experience.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi All,
Anyone whose application was received by the IRCC(CIC) on Oct 22? Please let me know.
I sent in my passport pages for pr renwal which they asked for, and they were recieved on 21 October 2019, according to FedEx. No response or acknowledgement from CIC yet tho.

SandraPG

Nov 10, 2019
I sent in my passport pages for pr renwal which they asked for, and they were recieved on 21 October 2019, according to FedEx. No response or acknowledgement from CIC yet tho.
Hello

Did you send copies of your passport or those of your children?
Did you sent copies of all stamps or only those of last five years trips?

Thanks