+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
Hi , I have a question . I received the COPr and submitted my passport , however As soon as I get the ppr I intend to go only for one week first and then plan accordingly to actually settle down there . Can anyone explain the process right from the landing . Where do we fill the request of permanent residence and what to say to immigration officer if they ask me about return ticket. Thanks guys
You will be applying at the border you land for the PR card. You will not be able to receive the PR card within the 1 week you are in Canada. They will not ask you to show proof of living in Canada and your return ticket if frankly not a discussion. They cant stop you from returning. As long you return back in time to maintain you RO it should not be a problem. It will be highly recommended to have a cushion like not staying out of Canada for too long.
At the border you will also have to go through customs. If you intend to bring belonging to Canada Tax free later when you move please have them declared at the border as goods to follow. They will stamp this and you can bring in these belonging to Canada tax free whnehever you decide to move.

Hope this helps.

cindyestteacher

Nov 16, 2017
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-08-2018
Doc's Request.
15-11-2018
AOR Received.
13-09-2018
Med's Request
15-11-2018
Med's Done....
28-11-2018
Hello. Ive tried searching but i can't find it. What does RO stand for? Thank you.

Naima13

Aug 19, 2019
You will be applying at the border you land for the PR card. You will not be able to receive the PR card within the 1 week you are in Canada. They will not ask you to show proof of living in Canada and your return ticket if frankly not a discussion. They cant stop you from returning. As long you return back in time to maintain you RO it should not be a problem. It will be highly recommended to have a cushion like not staying out of Canada for too long.
At the border you will also have to go through customs. If you intend to bring belonging to Canada Tax free later when you move please have them declared at the border as goods to follow. They will stamp this and you can bring in these belonging to Canada tax free whnehever you decide to move.

Hope this helps.
Thanks a lot :)

hpark3

Sep 19, 2019
Hello all

I submitted my request on September 20th and Canada post said it arrived on the 23rd. I didn't receive any notification yet.
How do they notify you - is it linked to your IRCC account directly?

Thanks

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
Hello all

I submitted my request on September 20th and Canada post said it arrived on the 23rd. I didn't receive any notification yet.
How do they notify you - is it linked to your IRCC account directly?

Thanks
For me it was received on the 12th of Sep and processing started on the 25th of Sep. I got the email on the 25th of Sep. I would expect your email to arrive by early next week. Then you can check your status online using your UCI number.

hpark3

Sep 19, 2019
For me it was received on the 12th of Sep and processing started on the 25th of Sep. I got the email on the 25th of Sep. I would expect your email to arrive by early next week. Then you can check your status online using your UCI number.
awesome! thank you :)

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Hi everyone
this is my timeline:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2019.
We started processing your application on September 25, 2019.

my question is that normal ( everything is normal in your opinion) ?!

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
we have the same timeline exactly

Yamahar1

Mar 12, 2013
Guys I sent my application for renewal of PRC on 20th of Sept through Canada post express. They received it on 23rd Sept as per the tracking.
Sincle then no update of AOR.
I am really worried. Everyone got their AOR within 5 to

Sam.ham

Star Member
Jul 20, 2018
Guys I sent my application for renewal of PRC on 20th of Sept through Canada post express. They received it on 23rd Sept as per the tracking.
Sincle then no update of AOR.
I am really worried. Everyone got their AOR within 5 to
look at my timeline and dont be worried

alisyed7

Jun 5, 2012
Hi everyone
this is my timeline:

We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 12, 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 25, 2019.

Yes I have the same exact time line. Expect a decision early next week i would think

Xav16

Sep 11, 2019
Hi everyone
this is my timeline:

yes its ok I onced called and the agent told me once you received correspondence letter everything is good

Xav16

Sep 11, 2019
finally timeline
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on September 6, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 12, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on September 12, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on September 30, 2019

1. just waiting on my card now