+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Members,

I have received the PR on Friday. My time line was :

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 17, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 24, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 24, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 29, 2019.
I was in Canada for 762 Days only in last five years. And the myth is broken that if I some one is really close to 730 days presence in Canada then they send it for second review. They don't send for second review if you provide the proper supporting documents like Boarding passes etc to show the entry and exit from Canada.
Clearly someone missed the fact that you were still in Pakistan and allowed the PR cards to be mailed out and not picked up in person.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Members,

I have received the PR on Friday. My time line was :

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 17, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 24, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 24, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on July 29, 2019.
I was in Canada for 762 Days only in last five years. And the myth is broken that if I some one is really close to 730 days presence in Canada then they send it for second review. They don't send for second review if you provide the proper supporting documents like Boarding passes etc to show the entry and exit from Canada.
It is good that you have succeeded and will promptly receive a new PR card.

That said . . .

There is NO "myth . . . that if some one is really close to 730 days presence in Canada then they send it for second review." The caution many here appropriately make is that cutting-it-close increases the chances (the RISK) that the PR card application will be referred to SR or subject to some other non-routine processing.

Make no mistake: the RISKS for cutting-it-close are real. No myth.

You conflate the outcome in a particular individual case (your own) with what will generally happen. There are scores of credible anecdotal reports about referrals to Secondary Review when PR card applicants have been cutting-it-close, and to be clear, referrals for other non-routine processing as well (SR is not the only non-routine process those cutting-it-close are at risk for).

There are many it-depends factors which can influence how it goes for this or that individual. And how it goes for a particular individual can and will vary. How it goes for one PR (such as yourself) ONLY illustrates how it POSSIBLY might go for someone else, NOT how it is likely to go (far more examples would be required for that), and especially NOT how it will for sure go (and indeed there is plenty of evidence, voluminous reports, illustrating how it goes varies rather considerably, even when there appears to be much similarity in the cases).

As I have oft emphasized, based on many credible reports (not isolated individual cases), and also based on IRCC information as well as background observations in official decisions, among the most influential factors, the appearance of CREDIBILITY and the appearance of being well-settled IN Canada are perhaps the two most significant factors . . . and indeed, I have oft observed that the precise number of days is actually not particularly important compared to these factors. The PR with 760 days presence may very well have a more solid case than one with 860 days.

As for documents to submit with the application, as always the most prudent approach is to follow the instructions and submit documents as instructed, following the checklist. It is possible that including some extra documentation may help but there is very little evidence to support that conclusion. Those who submit extra documents and have success are almost always individuals who would likely have had the same outcome without submitting the extra documents. That noted, sure, sometimes it feels right to include this or that extra document, keeping it to a few. (Did this myself, in my citizenship application, including NoAs, and despite my rather quick timeline I nonetheless doubt it made a difference.)

It also warrants recognizing that the caution about the RISKS for cutting-it-close are NOT about forecasting how it will go for any particular individual. Recognizing the risks can help PRs PREPARE for what can POTENTIALLY happen. This looms large for PRs who are cutting-it-close and who are anticipating future travel plans, and who are dependent on having a valid PR card for such travel . . . they may want to be cautious about making travel plans given the risk of non-routine processing (such as SR). It is also a significant consideration for soft-landing PRs pushing the limits of the PR Residency Obligation before returning to settle in Canada, suggesting that those who are risk-averse may prefer to arrange coming to Canada to settle in time to reduce the risks attendant cutting-it-close.

BOTTOM-LINE: In general, PRs who are well-settled in Canada and whose circumstances do not raise red flags, have good odds of seeing a timeline consistent with the general trends at the time (the timeline tends to vary from month to month, varying quite a lot over the course of a year), with the CAUTION that there is a substantial RISK of non-routine processing (such as SR) for those who have been cutting-it-close, with increasing risks of non-routine processing and delays in a range of circumstances discussed at length in other topics, but including the most salient like a pattern indicating visiting rather than permanently living in Canada, or appearing to be living abroad while the PR card application is pending. Again, these do not dictate how it will go for sure. These are about the RISK of non-routine processing and delays.

Reactions: Vigilant

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 15, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 20, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 20, 2019.
  4. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on August 2, 2019.
would like to know how long do i need to wait before i get the renewed card? do i need to pick it up on the IRCC office or they mailed it directly to my mailbox?

Mahdieh_T

Jul 23, 2019
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on July 20, 2019.
would like to know how long do i need to wait before i get the renewed card? do i need to pick it up on the IRCC office or they mailed it directly to my mailbox?
Congratulations! You will get it by mail, otherwise mentioned.

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014

Vigilant

Champion Member
Nov 15, 2013
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
June-2010
Doc's Request.
Oct-2013
File Transfer...
June-2013
Med's Request
Jan-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
April 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May-2014
LANDED..........
June-2014
Clearly someone missed the fact that you were still in Pakistan and allowed the PR cards to be mailed out and not picked up in person.
This was not happened once but twice with me and my family. Even though I notified them that my family members are away. On the other note CBSA do not have any source to know when did you left the Canada except your passport (That is my observation which may be wrong). And they didn't miss it as we sent the pictures from Pakistan with current date on those.

Lilypads2015

Jul 14, 2019
Are emails always sent. Is it possible they already processed my application without sending an email confirmation. I did ask them to process it urgently however I likely did not meet the requirements. I don’t know if I should get a prtd or just wait to see what happens.

Lilypads2015

Jul 14, 2019

I was wondering when did you actually receive the email motivation or find all this information?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

Yesterday night we recieved email acknowledging that our application is recieved. Today I check online its say 'Decision Made.'

However when I click that link it reads this:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2019.
What does 'Decision Made' means?

junji

Apr 16, 2014
Hi @itguy29
I have exactly the same timeline as yours. My card was also "sent by mail on August 2, 2019".
But I have not received yet in my mail box. Did you receive yours?

My location is London ON. I am wondering where did they send from.
It usually takes at most four days for all my letters from within Canada.

En...

Lilypads2015

Jul 14, 2019
I sent my application on the 19th and didn’t get any email and was unable to view any update online. Today I called and they said they received my application and began processing it. Call if you are worried.

Mahdieh_T

Jul 23, 2019
Hello everyone,

Yesterday night we recieved email acknowledging that our application is recieved. Today I check online its say 'Decision Made.'

However when I click that link it reads this:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on July 31, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 8, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 8, 2019.
What does 'Decision Made' means?
It means that your application got approved or rejected. If your status remains the "Decision made" more than 3 business days and nothing shows up, it means that your application needs a second revision at a local IRCC office.

mu3id

Star Member
Jan 21, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
15th June 2012
File Transfer...
15th June 2012
Med's Request
8th December 2013
Med's Done....
12th December 2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
PPR1 and 2 : 26th September 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
It means that your application got approved or rejected. If your status remains the "Decision made" more than 3 business days and nothing shows up, it means that your application needs a second revision at a local IRCC office.
Did you get any update for your application ?