+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PRC (Permanent Resident Card) Renewal Timeline 2019

jiguashu

Apr 10, 2011
Do anyone can guide here.
Became PR on 10th June,2014. stayed for 7 months in canada and went back. after that came back to canada in March,2017 and still in canada.
So,My total stay outside canada is 840 days Approx. My Pr will expire in July,2019. I have applied for Pr renewal in Feb,26. As I stay in canada for more than 730 days when I applied for Pr renewal. Period covered for Pr residency calculation from 10th June,2014 till 15th Feb,2019. Hope this will be okey to comply residency 2 years period out of 5 years.

tauneutrino

Feb 14, 2019
We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 19, 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 7, 2019.
We started processing your application on March 7, 2019.
Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on March 11, 2019.

21 days
Received the card in the mail on March 14, 2019 in Vancouver.
That's a total of 24 days.

Arveen

Mar 7, 2014
I send Email to IRCC from Post Canada on 15th, Feb 2019 Status are as under

We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 18, 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2019.
We started processing your application on March 6, 2019.

Now the Status just change from "In-progress" to "Decision Made" I hope it will approved and email soon .......

Atheist9

Star Member
Nov 11, 2017

We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 18, 2019.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 6, 2019.

Now the Status just change from "In-progress" to "Decision Made" I hope it will approved and email soon .......

Congratulations! How much time you spent In and Outside Canada in last 5 years?

Arveen

Mar 7, 2014

today I check the status and it say Application Complete
you PR card send by Email on 19th March

So my Timeline is
PR card Send my Mail on March 19.

29 days for total process

kashmub

Mar 20, 2013
Hello
Guys
Quick question for you applied for my parents on urgent basis they received on Mar 19, acknowledgement send on Mar 20 and processing start on 22 Mar but it only shows my father name, but I applied for both of them as my mother cannot travel with out him as she is on wheel chair, how much chances they will process her case separately or together any insight

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi all , thank you for sharing your expiririences. Looks like the processing times are pretty fast these days. I am going to apply for PRC renewal soon on a normal basis ( non urgent ). Congratulations , successful applicants. Request one piece of information from the successful 'non urgent 'applicants : Off course you sent all the documents listed in the document list and as advised by PRC renewal guide. Did you send any additional documents , such as cover letter , CBSA travel history record etc. as well. And can you think of any thing that might have contributed to a fast successful processing of your application. I mean any tips for future applicants. . Thank you.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Hi all who are soon going to apply for renewal of PRC : Please note that they revised the PRC application form in Feb 2019 . I think that the only change is in Q.9 ( your countries or territories of citizenship ) . The point to remember is that if you had filled the form earlier and stored in your computer , pl make sure it's the recently revised form , the last line on the the form should read IMM5444 (02-2019) E .

They also revised the instruction guide in Dec 2018 , you can access it here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5445-applying-permanent-resident-card-card-first-application-replacement-renewal-change-sex-designation.html

Best wishes to all .

kashmub

Mar 20, 2013
My time line for urgent renewal for my parents
Mailed on 18th March
Application received 20th March
Processing start for my father 22 Mar.
Processing start for my mother 25 Mar.
Decesion made 26 Mar.
Now waiting for them to mail.

kashmub

Mar 20, 2013
Hi all , thank you for sharing your expiririences. Looks like the processing times are pretty fast these days. I am going to apply for PRC renewal soon on a normal basis ( non urgent ). Congratulations , successful applicants. Request one piece of information from the successful 'non urgent 'applicants : Off course you sent all the documents listed in the document list and as advised by PRC renewal guide. Did you send any additional documents , such as cover letter , CBSA travel history record etc. as well. And can you think of any thing that might have contributed to a fast successful processing of your application. I mean any tips for future applicants. . Thank you.
Hello
There
I do put the cover letter as I was applying for urgent renewal and supporting documents for my urgency, I believe they can get record from CBSA but you mentioned your travel history in the forms.

aviator33072

Dec 15, 2014
Thank you Kashmub for your reply.

Congratulations on fast processing of your parents applications.

Did you send with your application copies of all passport pages or just the bio data page ?

Your parents had completed how many days in past 5 years ?

kashmub

Mar 20, 2013
Thank you Kashmub for your reply.

Congratulations on fast processing of your parents applications.

Did you send with your application copies of all passport pages or just the bio data page ?

Your parents had completed how many days in past 5 years ?
Dear Aviator
I just send the colour pages of biodata page and pages which have exit and entry stamps
Also they stayed here continuously for last 2 years, so no travel history for 2 years and no of days are more than 735.
Though their Pr card expired too 2 years back.

algonquin

May 1, 2013
Visa Office......
ottawa
App. Filed.......
30-04-2013
AOR Received.
20-06-2013
Med's Request
27-01-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-2014
Passport Req..
feb 2013
LANDED..........
14-03-2014
Applied for spousal PR renewal sent out on 12 courier and they received in 13 March 2019

How long it takes to revive AOR and how do we revive the confirmation - appreciate any answers pls-

Actually the processing times are coming down
Now just 29 days for PR renewal

I think most of the PRs have become citizens with amendment to citizenship requirements last year and that’s why the PR renewals are very few at this point in time
Application sent in 12 March
Received ack on 27 March
Waiting for the next step

av

Jan 21, 2015
My application status is "decision made" with below details
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on February 28, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 27, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 27, 2019.
this application is to add my last name to my wife's name. we can see updated name in application. Can I assume that application is approved and we will have new PR card (with updated name) soon.