+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR submitted for H1B Dropbox but status moved to Refused and called for an in-person interview

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
Had an interview today after drop box refusal. Initially I got appointment date for June 20th but my expedite request was approved and I got slot for June 16th.
VO asked about where I am going, Employer and client. Asked for LCA.

Approved!
After scheduling the date for June 20th , how long did you wait to send an expediate request??
Can we send it immediately after we book a date??

Jul 11, 2023
I am a PR eligible for H1B Dropbox in Canada. This is not my first stamp, my last 2 stamps weHere’s my timeline of events:
Docs submitted: 9th May 2023
Docs received by the Toronto consulate: 11th May 2023
Status moved to Application Received: 23rd May 2023
Ghost update on Application Received: 30th May 2023
Status moved to Refused: 3rd June 2023

Today, I got an email from the consulate stating that I need to schedule an in person interview but there are no appointments till Aug 15th. How do I proceed next? My wife’s status is still in Application Received. Should I schedule an appointment for both or only for me?
What is the number to reach the consulate and ask for details?
Thank you!

aspirer123

Sep 14, 2023
Hi All,

I applied for H1B and got petition approved. When I booked an interview for stamping, I got Interview Waiver and submitted documents through courier (Canada Post). Below are te timelines.

07-Sep-2023 : Submitted documents to Toronto US Consulate through Canada Post
08-Sep-2023 : Package delivered to Toronto US Consulate
08-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website showed "No Status" (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)
12-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed to "Application Received"
13-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed t "Refused"

Now I'm waiting for response from US consulate to see what is the reason and if they need any additional documents. But based on my research in forums, most of Dropbox application in Canada Toronto consulate are being asked to attend In-Person Interview.

Did anyone face this situation? If yes, are they asking us to book new interview or attend interview on nay day in the consulate? I see in India they are giving this option of attending interview any day without booking appointment.

sidaksh

Oct 13, 2022
Hi All,

I applied for H1B and got petition approved. When I booked an interview for stamping, I got Interview Waiver and submitted documents through courier (Canada Post). Below are te timelines.

07-Sep-2023 : Submitted documents to Toronto US Consulate through Canada Post
08-Sep-2023 : Package delivered to Toronto US Consulate
08-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website showed "No Status" (https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx)
12-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed to "Application Received"
13-Sep-2023 : Status in CEAC website changed t "Refused"

Now I'm waiting for response from US consulate to see what is the reason and if they need any additional documents. But based on my research in forums, most of Dropbox application in Canada Toronto consulate are being asked to attend In-Person Interview.

Did anyone face this situation? If yes, are they asking us to book new interview or attend interview on nay day in the consulate? I see in India they are giving this option of attending interview any day without booking appointment.
Did you apply from the US ? Can you share how you went about the drop box application process ? I am looking to apply for h4