+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR submitted for H1B Dropbox but status moved to Refused and called for an in-person interview

user28

Jul 3, 2019
I am a PR eligible for H1B Dropbox in Canada. This is not my first stamp, my last 2 stamps weHere’s my timeline of events:
Docs submitted: 9th May 2023
Docs received by the Toronto consulate: 11th May 2023
Status moved to Application Received: 23rd May 2023
Ghost update on Application Received: 30th May 2023
Status moved to Refused: 3rd June 2023

Today, I got an email from the consulate stating that I need to schedule an in person interview but there are no appointments till Aug 15th. How do I proceed next? My wife’s status is still in Application Received. Should I schedule an appointment for both or only for me?
What is the number to reach the consulate and ask for details?
Thank you!

swan0206

Champion Member
May 14, 2019
I am a PR eligible for H1B Dropbox in Canada. This is not my first stamp, my last 2 stamps weHere’s my timeline of events:

Today, I got an email from the consulate stating that I need to schedule an in person interview but there are no appointments till Aug 15th. How do I proceed next? My wife’s status is still in Application Received. Should I schedule an appointment for both or only for me?
Thank you!
You may reach out to customer care to see if they can give you any earliest appointment. Please keep us posted on the update.

aswin1991

Mar 5, 2013

Thank you!
We are in the same situation (Refused on June 2nd) - We are trying to find early appointments and booked the earliest to reschedule later but no luck yet (Earliest Aug 15th). Please keep us posted i will do the same

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021

Thank you!
What is Ghost update? Do u get an Email?

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
We are in the same situation (Refused on June 2nd) - We are trying to find early appointments and booked the earliest to reschedule later but no luck yet (Earliest Aug 15th). Please keep us posted i will do the same
I just saw REFUSED on my status as well. When can I expect them to send me an email for in person interview? Also, did u get back ur passport yet?

user28

Jul 3, 2019
Update: I got my passport back today with no stamping as expected. I have an interview scheduled for Aug 15th as well. Do you know why they refuse Dropbox and call for interviews for PRs when we are eligible for Dropbox?

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Update: I got my passport back today with no stamping as expected. I have an interview scheduled for Aug 15th as well. Do you know why they refuse Dropbox and call for interviews for PRs when we are eligible for Dropbox?
Not sure, I was on F1 visa before and had CPT. Maybe due to do.
However, i was able to get a date for June 20. Let's see how that will turn out : )

Reactions: Snape09

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
However, i was able to get a date for June 20. Let's see how that will turn out : )
Me too, I was on an F1 visa before. Then, I got my H1B status approved in US. I had to land in Canada last May to complete the PR paperwork.
Now, I think my application will be refused as well like you, even if according to their website we should be eligible for an interview waiver
https://ca.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-renewal-by-mail/

user28

Jul 3, 2019
How did you get a date of June 20, did you keep checking the appointment calendar? For my view, all June and July dates are full.

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
For me all dates were disabled, only june 20 was showing. Also, I applied from halifax, maybe that's why.
Out of curiosity: when you submitted your documents, did you also submit the passport that includes your OLD F1 visa stamp??

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Out of curiosity: when you submitted your documents, did you also submit the passport that includes your OLD F1 visa stamp??
No, I did not. That passport is expired. On my new passport I had b1b2 stamped (from Canada).
I just received my passport back and I see green stick note on my passport and pink on my spouse's. Any idea what that means? Also, there is a note on my b1b2 that says :Don't cancel b1b2 visa:

I am confused now.