+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR submitted for H1B Dropbox but status moved to Refused and called for an in-person interview

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Update: I got my passport back today with no stamping as expected. I have an interview scheduled for Aug 15th as well. Do you know why they refuse Dropbox and call for interviews for PRs when we are eligible for Dropbox?
Did u have anything on passport? Any stickers?

Snape09

Star Member
Jul 21, 2022
No, I did not. That passport is expired. On my new passport I had b1b2 stamped (from Canada).
I just received my passport back and I see green stick note on my passport and pink on my spouse's. Any idea what that means? Also, there is a note on my b1b2 that says :Don't cancel b1b2 visa:

I am confused now.
I am not sure. Maybe this website can help understand what each colored slip means:
I am not https://www.path2usa.com/blog/all-about-221g/

aswin1991

Mar 5, 2013
Do you know what documents are needed for proof of expedited visa request? What do you mean by stickers? Where do they paste these stickers?
You don't need to submit any proof for requesting expedite but you need to carry one during the in person interview.

Question - Since we couldn't find the appointment any earlier than Aug can we skip the process and start completely new process of H1 stamping in India (If dates are available) ? Thank you

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Do you know what documents are needed for proof of expedited visa request? What do you mean by stickers? Where do they paste these stickers?
My passport had a pink sticker on the page where b1/b2 visa is stamped. Not sure why :/

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Had an interview today after drop box refusal. Initially I got appointment date for June 20th but my expedite request was approved and I got slot for June 16th.
VO asked about where I am going, Employer and client. Asked for LCA.

Approved!

user28

Jul 3, 2019
Had an interview today after drop box refusal. Initially I got appointment date for June 20th but my expedite request was approved and I got slot for June 16th.
VO asked about where I am going, Employer and client. Asked for LCA.

Approved!
Amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience! We got an approval for expedited appointment as well but there are no dates in June and July at the Toronto consulate. Can you reschedule many times with an expedited appointment or is it allowed only once?

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Amazing! Thank you for sharing your experience! We got an approval for expedited appointment as well but there are no dates in June and July at the Toronto consulate. Can you reschedule many times with an expedited appointment or is it allowed only once?
If you get an approval then the expedite option doesn't show up anymore. Considering that, I think it's allowed only once

user28

Jul 3, 2019
If you get an approval then the expedite option doesn't show up anymore. Considering that, I think it's allowed only once
Thank you! The emergency appointment availability doesn’t make sense at the Toronto consulate. I don’t understand why there are no emergency dates in June and July? Should we wait for a few weeks and hopefully some dates will open in July or just take the earliest one in August?

royalmbc

Jun 9, 2021
Thank you! The emergency appointment availability doesn’t make sense at the Toronto consulate. I don’t understand why there are no emergency dates in June and July? Should we wait for a few weeks and hopefully some dates will open in July or just take the earliest one in August?
Toronto's consulate is extremely busy. I am not sure if dates will open.

aub3456

Jan 11, 2023
@royalmbc Congratulations!

I paid the visa fee for Dropbox yesterday, and the page says "Pending Consular Authorization". May I know how long yours was in the same state before asking you send the documents?

Sindhu0105

Jun 20, 2023
toronto
Category........
CEC
Hi All, I'm currently living in Toronto, waiting for an ITA with 485 CRS score (CEC category). I also applied for PGWP extension but haven't received any update as of today this is my present situation in Canada. Coming to the U.S visa, I already have H4 visa which is valid until September 30th 2023 so I'll be applying under the category visa after my husband's H1B extension is approved. considering the situation Am I eligible for dropbox visa? kindly please let me know.

sidaksh

Oct 13, 2022
Hello! Looking for some guidance/suggestion
My wife’s H4 change of status is currently in process in the US. We are planning to travel out of the country in a month so want to schedule a Dropbox interview at Vancouver once the COS is approved ( expecting a decision in week)
- can someone share steps/ process for booking an appointment ?
- would we receive the passport within a month , what is the current timeline at Vancouver ?
woupd really appreciate if someone can share their recent stamping experience at vancouver

rollercoaster

Star Member
Jan 24, 2016
We are in the same situation (Refused on June 2nd) - We are trying to find early appointments and booked the earliest to reschedule later but no luck yet (Earliest Aug 15th). Please keep us posted i will do the same
Hey were you able to attend the interview? same thing happened to me too.. scheduled interview in august