Passport Req..
5th July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19th July 2016

Princess.ada

May 31, 2019
everyone,
Please I advise and clarification;
My husband is sponsoring my PR, I gave birth October, 2018 which we included our new born in my PR app as a dependent in December, 2018. I got a PPR June 14 2019. I sent our passport, only to be informed that my daughter's name was not in my file yet. We were informed that the CIO didn't update my file. Since July till now they have asked my husband to file another sponsorship & undertaking form which he has done. We have also sent all her documents including upfront medical. Her name has also appeared on my online account. Please I want to know how long it will take for them to finish processing our app since our 12 months processing time ended in September 7theveryone,
Please I advise and clarification;
My husband is sponsoring my PR, I gave birth October, 2018 which we included our new born in my PR app as a dependent in December, 2018. I got a PPR June 14 2019. I sent our passport, only to be informed that my daughter's name was not in my file yet. We were informed that the CIO didn't update my file. Since July till now they have asked my husband to file another sponsorship & undertaking form which he has done. We have also sent. Am feeling fustrated staying alone for one and half year without my husband. Thank you for any reply. Please help me

thenextgee

Sep 22, 2019
Hello All,

This page has been helpful in understanding the process of bring my non PR child to Canada. Currently we are all in Canada (Mother, Father and Child). I plan to leave Mother and Child in Canada in a couple of weeks hence I currently reside in more than I country but mother and child will remain in Canada all through the application process
My question is can I still be a co-signer to the application (even though Canada is not my only place of residence cause I work abroad) or do I need to fill the IMM5604 form and sign as Non-accompanying Parent?

rishi14586

Sep 17, 2019
An eTA is a travel visa for those who are from a visa exempt country. With an Indian passport, your baby does not qualify for an eTA and must apply for a TRV to come to Canada. I thought your baby was born in the UK and a UK citizen with a UK passport. If not, eTA is not an option.

Yes - you can travel to Canada alone to process the baby's PR. You will need to make sure you continue living in Canada while the application is processed. Processing should take around six months.
Do 1 of parent who is sponsoring child, need to reside in Canada for 730 days

rishi14586

Sep 17, 2019
Complaint with RO means. Please clarify more. Thanks for the reply. We both are pr but has lived in Canada for week only. Go back to home country, given child birth there. Now I am coming back to Canada to apply for sponsorship of my new born

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

This page has been helpful in understanding the process of bring my non PR child to Canada. Currently we are all in Canada (Mother, Father and Child). I plan to leave Mother and Child in Canada in a couple of weeks hence I currently reside in more than I country but mother and child will remain in Canada all through the application process
My question is can I still be a co-signer to the application (even though Canada is not my only place of residence cause I work abroad) or do I need to fill the IMM5604 form and sign as Non-accompanying Parent?
Assume you must be PRs. The parent must remain in Canada and be compliant with their RO to sponsor a child so you don’t qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Complaint with RO means. Please clarify more. Thanks for the reply. We both are pr but has lived in Canada for week only. Go back to home country, given child birth there. Now I am coming back to Canada to apply for sponsorship of my new born
When did you land in Canada as a PR and how many days have you spent in Canada so far?

rishi14586

Sep 17, 2019
Stayed in Canada for a week. Landed in July. Returned back and wife given birth to child in sep. Now I will be returning to Canada in Jan to sponsor my child. Please guide. Total days spent in Canada -6

krishna03

Oct 12, 2015
Hi,

I got my PR through SINP nominations and I did not get my relevant job in sk. So now I live in different province for job search mean time I want to sponsor my son who lives in India. What are the application forms that needs to be submitted to CIC(I want to make sure 100% for the list of Application forms).

In one of the application they have asked that where do intend to live in Canada?. What should I mention for this question, Right now I am not living Saskatchewan.

Please guys suggest some information for this scenario.

Thanks
Krishna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I got my PR through SINP nominations and I did not get my relevant job in sk. So now I live in different province for job search mean time I want to sponsor my son who lives in India. What are the application forms that needs to be submitted to CIC(I want to make sure 100% for the list of Application forms).

In one of the application they have asked that where do intend to live in Canada?. What should I mention for this question, Right now I am not living Saskatchewan.

Thanks
Krishna
The fact that you don’t live in SK will not be an issue when sponsoring a child. The only time it could be an issue is when applying for citizenship if it is clear that you never moved to SK. It also can be an issue when initially arriving in Canada if CBSA sees that you aren’t settling in the sponsored province but you are past that point.

krishna03

Oct 12, 2015
The fact that you don’t live in SK will not be an issue when sponsoring a child. The only time it could be an issue is when applying for citizenship if it is clear that you never moved to SK. It also can be an issue when initially arriving in Canada if CBSA sees that you aren’t settling in the sponsored province but you are past that point.
Thanks for the information.

when initially arriving in Canada, I have landed in Regina and stayed there for more then a month but I couldn't get any job. So I thought to search the job in other province.

I am not sure what can be an issue when applying for citizenship.

In one of the main application they have asked that where do intend to live in Canada?. What should I mention for this question, Right now I am not living Saskatchewan.

Thanks
Krishna

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the information.

when initially arriving in Canada, I have landed in Regina and stayed there for more then a month but I couldn't get any job. So I thought to search the job in other province.

I am not sure what can be an issue when applying for citizenship.

In one of the main application they have asked that where do intend to live in Canada?. What should I mention for this question, Right now I am not living Saskatchewan.

Thanks
Krishna
The truth. If the application is to sponsor your child you will be living in your current city of residence.

One month is not really a long time to find a job but what is done is done. As a PR you are entitled to relocate. Hope you kept your records of your job searches and attempt to stay in SK if you are ever asked to provide the info.