Hi Guys,

We completed out softlanding last week.

Date - Sept 26th,
Time - 9 AM

COPR stamped - Feb'2020

Location - Detroit - Windsor tunnel

First stop was the CBSA

officer - what are you here for?
Me- to complete my pr landing process and return to USA.

Officer - When do you plan to move ?
Me - Hopefully in 2-3 months

Officer handed me a yellow slip and asked me to park.

In few minutes couple of officers came to our car and collected Passport & COPR letter.

Officers came to our car couple of times to ask some questions and get signatures and do goods to follow list.

Finally, they gave us the passports and signed copr and told we can enter Canada through land border using this.

She also said that immigration understands the current situation and we can wait until the pandemic is over to move.

Back at US border, everything went smooth since we had valid i94 and visa stamp.

Reactions: adi_avi

haksarfarooq

Dec 5, 2018
Hello All,

I completed my soft landing yesterday and all went smooth. I have a quick question regarding applying for SIN while staying in USA. I had read somewhere that we can provide our US address and the SIN will be shipped. Can anyone suggest or help me point to a thread related to this? Thanks :)
Hi,

I completed my soft landing last week. They only gave me the signed copr paper for re-entry. Is there a way to apply for PR card while staying in the US.

Thank you

dousedfire

Sep 13, 2020
Hi Guys,

We completed out softlanding last week.

Date - Sept 26th,
Time - 9 AM

COPR stamped - Feb'2020

Location - Detroit - Windsor tunnel

First stop was the CBSA

officer - what are you here for?
Me- to complete my pr landing process and return to USA.

Officer - When do you plan to move ?
Me - Hopefully in 2-3 months

Officer handed me a yellow slip and asked me to park.

In few minutes couple of officers came to our car and collected Passport & COPR letter.

Officers came to our car couple of times to ask some questions and get signatures and do goods to follow list.

Finally, they gave us the passports and signed copr and told we can enter Canada through land border using this.

She also said that immigration understands the current situation and we can wait until the pandemic is over to move.

Back at US border, everything went smooth since we had valid i94 and visa stamp.
Thank you so much. This gives more confidence to people like me who will be attempting a soft-landing.
Did you have a backup plan if soft-landing was going to be denied? Can you please share what gave you the confidence to attempt the soft-landing in spite of the 'come only to settle' language on the IRCC website?

haksarfarooq

Dec 5, 2018
Thank you so much. This gives more confidence to people like me who will be attempting a soft-landing.
Did you have a backup plan if soft-landing was going to be denied? Can you please share what gave you the confidence to attempt the soft-landing in spite of the 'come only to settle' language on the IRCC website?
The posts on this thread gave me confidence to do it. I didn't have any backup plan. I just told the first officer in the post that I'm here to do the landing procedure and go back today.

Thanks

Anks86

Star Member
Feb 1, 2020
Boston, U.S.A
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
16-09-2019
Hi, need some help here. I am the primary on my application and my wife is secondary. For some reason she cannot travel for soft landing at this time (visa processing issues in US). Can I do the soft landing alone? Can she do it at a later time? Does she have to so it within the given CoPR expiration dates?

mayurnk

Sep 23, 2020
Hi All - I was able to do soft landing at Detroit-Windsor tunnel POE on 25th Sept 2020.
But wanted to mention that the Soft landing was denied to someone I know on 29th Sept at same POE. They simply said that they cannot send PR to someone else's address in Canada.
Just a heads-up!

dousedfire

Sep 13, 2020
Hi All - I was able to do soft landing at Detroit-Windsor tunnel POE on 25th Sept 2020.
But wanted to mention that the Soft landing was denied to someone I know on 29th Sept at same POE. They simply said that they cannot send PR to someone else's address in Canada.
Just a heads-up!
As far as I know, the process to issue a PR-card need not be started to complete a soft-landing. A successful soft-landing, in my understanding, is completed when the CBSA officer signs your COPR. The PR card can be applied-for and obtained later. Can you please confirm with your acquaintance if their COPR was signed? And the only problem they had during the soft-landing was with the address for the PR card.

mayurnk

Sep 23, 2020
As far as I know, the process to issue a PR-card need not be started to complete a soft-landing. A successful soft-landing, in my understanding, is completed when the CBSA officer signs your COPR. The PR card can be applied-for and obtained later. Can you please confirm with your acquaintance if their COPR was signed? And the only problem they had during the soft-landing was with the address for the PR card.
No, they did not sign the COPR. They did not process

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Did anyone soft land in the first week of October? I am planning to land sometime this month at Detroit/Windsor crossing. I am flying from Texas, so that seemed more practical with flight times and no quarantine requirement.

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
Hi All,

I have completed the soft landing and came back to USA the same day use AVR. In my i94 online, the last entry date did not change to my recent travel date to Canada in Sep 2020. It just shows my previous entry date which was 2019. Can someone advise why this is happening ? What needs to be done?

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Hi All,

I have completed the soft landing and came back to USA the same day use AVR. In my i94 online, the last entry date did not change to my recent travel date to Canada in Sep 2020. It just shows my previous entry date which was 2019. Can someone advise why this is happening ? What needs to be done?
Hi,
Not sure what’s going on there as I have not travelled outside US since June 2015. I am just hoping that’s not a problem as my last H1-B visa stamp also expired in September 2015 and it is in an expired passport. Any thoughts?
Also, when did you complete you soft landing at which crossing??

Thanks.

aj4pals

Star Member
Sep 4, 2018
Question: Isn't US-Canada border closed (by land). Does that create a problem in returning to USA on H1B Visa?
I see from most of the posts above that Automatic Revalidation and H1B visa stamp are acceptable and working at major land borders. Do you know of anyone who was not able to land recently at land borders?

sam 1234

Jun 13, 2020
Hi,
Not sure what’s going on there as I have not travelled outside US since June 2015. I am just hoping that’s not a problem as my last H1-B visa stamp also expired in September 2015 and it is in an expired passport. Any thoughts?
Also, when did you complete you soft landing at which crossing??

Thanks.
I completed at peace bridge, NY