+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR renewed!!

applicationerror

Aug 25, 2011
Hi Leon, Alabaman,
finally went & got me renewed PR. thanks so much for your help it meant a lot.
so, i will like to clarify some points for people who had same issues like me
1) always make sure about details filled in the form before you push it off!!
2) you can withdraw application any time , i withdrew mine.
3) you need 730 days to meet the residency obligation in ANY 5 year period, I applied 5 months after mine had expired. DO NOT apply if you are short of 730 days.
4) please please don't lie ,today i saw atleast 3 people whose bluff was called within minutes.do not lose your passports (like this 3 guys).
5) if you have travelled extensively get the travel record from CBSA before you apply & make sure to have copy on hand to show it to the officer,I nearly got the RQ, it saved me.
6)prepare a detailed list on a spreadsheet & keep it handy.
7) for urgent renewal,make sure to attach a notarised copy of all your passports.
8) please do not assume ,stamps or no stamps.99% of your entries are recorded.
9 bottom line, if you have 730 days you are good.
one more thing, if you need your PR before the date shown on the letter,walk in to the immigration office with proof of travel(ticket), my date was jun16th at St.Claire,i got it today.
once again thanks to Leon & Alabaman

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For a PR spouse accompanying her Canadian hubby and they travel extensively, do they still need the travel record from CBSA before applying for renewal?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Applicationerror,

1) How does one go about applying for Travel Record from CBSA ?

2) And could you kindly describe what they send you back and the details of what / how the capture dates/info etc. Would be very interested to know.

3) Also, what is the average turnaround time from when you request that info to when they mail it to you ? (I am guessing they send it in regular mail - yes ?)

Thanks in advance for your responses !

A

a7

What does it mean - do not lose your passport. If a person lost his passport and pr card 20-21 months ago. After he lost passport and pr card, his pr card expired more than 1 year ago. But he has had more than 1000 days in the last 5 years. If he applied after he has had more than 1070 days in the last 5 years (pr card expired before application 1 year ago to be clear). What kind of problems probably he could have? He did not travel a lot. Even in first 5 years he had had more than 730 days. He can not travel without visa to any other countries or to the US because he does not have citizenship which allows to do it.
Does immigration have the records of his entrance, because it would work for him.
From the post of applicationerror
please do not assume ,stamps or no stamps.99% of your entries are recorded.
Also, I did not understand if the immigration has 99% of your trips, WHY THE LOST PASSPORT SHOULD BE A PROBLEM?
Applicationerror, I did not get the problems with lost passports of these 3 people. What was the problem. Did they lied in their applications or just the fact that they lost it. Can you tell us what was wrong with it. Because in this particular situation passport will wok on his owner and it is absence makes it a lit bit more difficult. *censored word* with losing passports happens sometimes with people. If you do not lie in your application but you lost the passport how it could probably affect your case? What is wrong with these 3 cases and the fact that people loose their passports. Please, explain. What do you know about it. What is the best approach to pick up the card with lost passport.
May be Leon or other guys could help with explanation. Please, because all these posts are scared even if people have not done anything wrong. GUYS PLEASE ANSWER IT IS REALLY SCARING

applicationerror

Aug 25, 2011
A7,
what i meant by losing passport? i meant do not try to take the department for ride,if you have genuinely lost your passport, plan ahead with all the supporting documents,(things that will prove your residency without any doubts), pay checks,bank accounts,lease or ownership,school records of children,credit card statements,pictures in canada, i mean any & everything that proves your claim.
Also, I did not understand if the immigration has 99% of your trips, WHY THE LOST PASSPORT SHOULD BE A PROBLEM?
Applicationerror, I did not get the problems with lost passports of these 3 people. What was the problem. Did they lied in their applications or just the fact that they lost it. Can you tell us what was wrong with it. Because in this particular situation passport will wok on his owner and it is absence makes it a lit bit more difficult. *censored word* with losing passports happens sometimes with people. If you do not lie in your application but you lost the passport how it could probably affect your case? What is wrong with these 3 cases and the fact that people loose their passports. Please, explain. What do you know about it. What is the best approach to pick up the card with lost passport.
well,from what i overheard,it was very obvious they were lying, I heard a question asked, when did you lose the passport? answer.no idea, may be when we moved the house. Q.:did you file a police complain? reply.: NO.

this is how it works, they believe what ever you have stated in your application is true,so once it is approved & you go for pick up they would want to verify it,& if at that particular moment you don't have your passport how is it possible for the clerk to verify the info immediatly,so then you are given either an RQ or maybe instructions to get the travel record
one thing i can clearly state from my experience that contrary to what i had read & heard,the immigration officers were not trying to give hard time to any one,so if you lost your passport or travel papers, please contact a good lawyer & prepare proper documents, believe me, when i applied first time i had made an honest mistake in calculating days & when i realised it i was completely stressed out,(Leon & alabaman,helped a lot,both very nice people really),i withdrew my application,it did not have any implication on the new application.completed my residency requirement,applied for urgent renewal with proper documents( notarised passport copies & spreadsheet) & its over now.
your goal should be to avoid the RQ, only way you can do that is by presenting proper documents,arguments no matter how logical will not help.

A

a7

Thank you for prompt respond, I really appreciate it. :) But I have additional questions. Please, tell me your opinion. If I report to the police the passport and pr card lost within 3 days after it was lost and report the pr card lost to immigration is it good?
We separated all documents by months (all checks, credit cards statements, doctors visits, bank statements, letters from landlords, neighbours, school certificates and etc) DO WE HAVE TIME TO SHOW IT TO THE OFFICER? I can bring everything, but I did not get how can I show this abundance of information to the officer? [size=10pt][size=10pt]What is the procedure? I am glad to show everything, but how?[/size][/size] :eek:
What does RQ mean?
And how to show 3 big bags with documents to them? Should we print photos from Olympic games or any other photos? Could we bring our laptop with photos? How do we show everything? Do they have time? How does it work?
Please advise. I will appreciate any experience and advice.

well,from what i overheard,it was very obvious they were lying, I heard a question asked, when did you lose the passport? answer.no idea, may be when we moved the house. Q.:did you file a police complain? reply.: NO. this is how it works, they believe what ever you have stated in your application is true,so once it is approved & you go for pick up they would want to verify it,& if at that particular moment you don't have your passport how is it possible for the clerk to verify the info immediatly,so then you are given either an RQ or maybe instructions to get the travel record

Lun

Mar 28, 2012
Hi applicationerror,

I have a similar situation as you. Can you tell me when you sent in your withdrawal letter in your first application? Was it after they sent you the pick up card notification?

Also, did you sent in your expired PR card the first time you applied renewal? How can you re-apply again without the expired PR card attached?

I am very stressed out too as I have sent my withdrawal letter and dunno if they will approve my withdrawal after I have received the pick up card notice.

Thanks a lot!

applicationerror

Aug 25, 2011
A7,
I think you should be O.K. if you present proper documents, but i would suggest to get a good Lawyer. i hired a lawyer the moment i realised my mistake, i could tell you only from my experience, but then a good attorney would know things in details.
& yes they will give you enough time to explain & present things.in fact he/she will ask for any proof to back your claim of residency,
RQ is Residence Questionnaire,

Lun,
i withdrew mine before the decision was made (& i hadn't sent my PR as it wasn't expired at the time of application, second time around i sent it along with the application), so am not in a position to give any feedbacks, sorry mate, but i remember my lawyer mentioning that application can be withdrawn any time.but again just like A7 i would strongly suggest to get good lawyer.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Applicationerror,

Please see my 3 simple questions above. You missed out on answering those. Thanks again !

anusai

Star Member
Jun 25, 2011
I would appreciate if you could help me with our situation.

I am a Canadian citizen and living with my husband out of Canada. We left Canada in the year
2003 Dec.

My husband is a PR CARD HOLDER. His PR CARD expired in 2008.

He did not travel to Canada after Dec 2008.

I have travelled to Canada last in Aug 2011.

Now we want to apply for a travel document for my husband based on the fact that he is
living with a Canadian wife... he is eligible to get it

I have not declared myself as NON RESIDENT.

Assuming my husband gets a travel document and we land in Canada, will they check my record to
see if I am actually living with him ?

Will they question me? if yes, what kind of questions will they ask me?

will appreciate if you could give me some information on this.

thanks

applicationerror

Aug 25, 2011
US2YOW,
us2yow said:
Applicationerror,

1) How does one go about applying for Travel Record from CBSA ?
simple request letter under right of information

2) And could you kindly describe what they send you back and the details of what / how the capture dates/info etc. Would be very interested to know.
i got all my inward details .air & road

3) Also, what is the average turnaround time from when you request that info to when they mail it to you ? (I am guessing they send it in regular mail - yes ?)
about 3-4 weeks

Thanks in advance for your responses !

applicationerror

Aug 25, 2011
ANUSAI,
they would want proper proof of you guys being togather
am not in position to advice in depth on this subject, my apologies
anusai said:
I would appreciate if you could help me with our situation.

I am a Canadian citizen and living with my husband out of Canada. We left Canada in the year
2003 Dec.

My husband is a PR CARD HOLDER. His PR CARD expired in 2008.

He did not travel to Canada after Dec 2008.

I have travelled to Canada last in Aug 2011.

Now we want to apply for a travel document for my husband based on the fact that he is
living with a Canadian wife... he is eligible to get it

I have not declared myself as NON RESIDENT.

Assuming my husband gets a travel document and we land in Canada, will they check my record to
see if I am actually living with him ?

Will they question me? if yes, what kind of questions will they ask me?

will appreciate if you could give me some information on this.

thanks

ranjan05

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Aplicationerror,
How did you do Certified Copy of Passport.? Does it need signatire of Notray on Each Page.