+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal online - sharing my experience so far

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
I applied to renew my PR card online through the PR renewal portal. I submitted my application 26th June 2022. its been over 3.5 months and the status online still shows submitted with no update. I sent a webform 2 weeks ago and no response:

I called IRCC and asked whats going on, the agent informs me my application was APPROVED on 17th August and sent for printing, and that in the print office they could not process my picture (he was not clear why, the online portal checks the picture before submitting and picture conforms to pixels and standards), and that they asked for a new picture - obviously never reflected in the application NOR have I received any email or any spam email (I disabled my spam filters and I read every email I get)

The agent put a note in my file to share with the office that I didnt get an update, I don't know what will be next and how will they contact me, but this is my case so far

Sharing this with everyone to: 1) call and ask if you suspect soething is not progressing because seems the online portal is not mature, and B) I cannot say if paper would have been better or overcome this issue, the online system works and processing time is reasonable (26th June to 17th Aug) but then afterwards it failed

Disclaimer: I just submitted my citizenship application and I went with Paper now, still waiting for my AOR

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I applied to renew my PR card online through the PR renewal portal. I submitted my application 26th June 2022. its been over 3.5 months and the status online still shows submitted with no update. I sent a webform 2 weeks ago and no response:

I called IRCC and asked whats going on, the agent informs me my application was APPROVED on 17th August and sent for printing, and that in the print office they could not process my picture (he was not clear why, the online portal checks the picture before submitting and picture conforms to pixels and standards), and that they asked for a new picture - obviously never reflected in the application NOR have I received any email or any spam email (I disabled my spam filters and I read every email I get)

The agent put a note in my file to share with the office that I didnt get an update, I don't know what will be next and how will they contact me, but this is my case so far

Sharing this with everyone to: 1) call and ask if you suspect soething is not progressing because seems the online portal is not mature, and B) I cannot say if paper would have been better or overcome this issue, the online system works and processing time is reasonable (26th June to 17th Aug) but then afterwards it failed

Disclaimer: I just submitted my citizenship application and I went with Paper now, still waiting for my AOR
Big mistake of my life sending an online renewal application. I'm in the same boat, waiting for my PRC. Application sent on June 22nd, AOR received on July 20th, and status changed to "Decision made", since then Nothing happened. Application is linked to Gckey, over there it says "we are reviewing your eligibility " etc etc...
Everyday I try calling them but they never put me in the call queue and call disconnect.

3 web forms sent, GCMS notes requested, so far complete silence.

@hazim84 is your application linked with Gckey? If yes, what status do you see there?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I didn't connect GCKey I used the actual PR renewal portal, I did link it last week to see if maybe it shows a different status but shows nothing. here is a screenshot
I have similar status, and I suspect my application might also be stuck somewhere in printing process.
In your disclaimer you said you have now sent paper app, did you ask IRCC agent if they will honor it? Or did you request to withdraw your application? Because what I know, may be I'm wrong, that if your prvious application is already in progress, new application for same thing might not go in the process. Anyhow, wish you best of luck. If you get any updates please let us know. I'll try calling them again tomorrow. what time of the day did you call them?

hazim84

Aug 14, 2017
This was the PR application online, because my experience was bad, I submitted my citizenship application on paper instead of Online apologies if it wasn’t clear
Didn’t withdraw the application since the agent told me it’s done it’s stuck at printing
Called them around 9, amazingly wait time was 10 minutes only (requested call back)

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
This was the PR application online, because my experience was bad, I submitted my citizenship application on paper instead of Online apologies if it wasn’t clear
Didn’t withdraw the application since the agent told me it’s done it’s stuck at printing
Called them around 9, amazingly wait time was 10 minutes only (requested call back)
My apologies, I misread.
Wish you good luck.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
My IRCC login shows exact same status. :(
Trying to call IRCC since 8 AM EST, so far no luck. I have been trying from last month. I just don't understand if an application is stuck and processing officer is either busy in other application or sleeping, what is the way to wake them up, if we are unable to talk to them on phone. I feel like hitting my head in the wall, that's how much I'm frustrated.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I was able to talk to IRCC agent today morning after unlimited attempts from last two months, and got the same excuse as you told us before. All this delay is at printing facility, it may be their printing machine is not working (which I don't believe because people still getting their new PR Cards) or may be an issue with Photo (most likely, as this is normal and people do get emails for resubmission of new photo).
They already sent a follow up to printing facility to find out why cards are not printed but agent said it may take several weeks.

So in fact, we have to wait and monitor our email as there is nothing much we or processing officer can do unless Printing Facility come up with a response.

Agent was telling me that they are working on a new project where PRTD can now be applied from within Canada. Usually you can only apply PRTD when you travel outside of Canada. She sent me a link where I can go and apply, but because it's a pilot project, system will randomly decide if I can apply from within Canada or not. So anyone who is in a situation of urgent travel but still in Canada they can try this option to save time and apply PRTD and by the time they ready to come back to Canada, hopefully their PRTD will be ready.

Last edited:

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Same experience. My wife applied on 22-June-2022 and still waiting. I guess we made a wrong choice applying online..
I admit applying online was a wrong choice but what if this was the only way? Anyway, what's done is done, there is no way we can restart. Things are already slow on IRCC side, unfortunately and surprisingly this printing facility issue is not with just one person, @hazim84, me and probably you are all facing same trouble, then something is really wrong at their side, their communication with us is lacking some where. If let's say photo is not correct atleast in two months we could be notified to resubmit another photo but this never happened.

I suggest you call them, if they don't put you in queue then try again in morning time around 9 AM. Talk to them so that they know this issue is persistent and alot of people are facing same trouble, hopefully they will expedite.

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
So the truth is that wait couple month after you apply, then aggressively call IRCC, otherwise they forget about you lol

Sanjar718

Apr 4, 2019
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-08-2021
I was able to talk to IRCC agent today morning after unlimited attempts from last two months, and got the same excuse as you told us before. All this delay is at printing facility, it may be their printing machine is not working (which I don't believe because people still getting their new PR Cards) or may be an issue with Photo (most likely, as this is normal and people do get emails for resubmission of new photo).
They already sent a follow up to printing facility to find out why cards are not printed but agent said it may take several weeks.

So in fact, we have to wait and monitor our email as there is nothing much we or processing officer can do unless Printing Facility come up with a response.

Agent was telling me that they are working on a new project where PRTD can now be applied from within Canada. Usually you can only apply PRTD when you travel outside of Canada. She sent me a link where I can go and apply, but because it's a pilot project, system will randomly decide if I can apply from within Canada or not. So anyone who is in a situation of urgent travel but still in Canada they can try this option to save time and apply PRTD and by the time they ready to come back to Canada, hopefully their PRTD will be ready.

Hello can you send a link of this Pilot program please?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
So the truth is that wait couple month after you apply, then aggressively call IRCC, otherwise they forget about you lol
As I said this is because we applied online, though system accepted our photos, but human being processing application didn't seem to find photos acceptable but didn't bother to notify us. We already know how lethargic system is. If we had applied paper application, they could scan photos themselves.