+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Local Office 2019/2020

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I am creating this thread so applicants from 2019 or 2020 who have their PR Renewal Applications at local office can share timelines. If your application has already been processed, still share your timeline to help others get an estimate.
Below is my and my children's timeline:
ME
Applied: April 2019
Asked for Passport, Exit/Entry Certificate: April 2019
Sent documents: August 2019
No answer yet.

Children
Applied for both, my son and daughter: July 2019
Asked for Passport, Exit/Entry Certificate: September 2019
Sent dosuments: October 2019
No answer yet.

I am considering to send an urgent request for my children because their mom (my wife) traveled back home and has fallen extremely sick and admitted to a hospital. We have the doctor's note and are soon going to buy the tickets for both children and send an urgent request. Hope to get accepted.

Anyone else, please share your timeline/thoughts.

Reactions: Nassrat

Nassrat

Sep 19, 2019
So sorry to hear about the mother sickness. I am very close to your situation.
I applied August 2019 with urgent request. They didn't ask for anything. They transferred us to Montreal local office and we have no response. I hope you meet humans understand your situation

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
So sorry to hear about the mother sickness. I am very close to your situation.
I applied August 2019 with urgent request. They didn't ask for anything. They transferred us to Montreal local office and we have no response. I hope you meet humans understand your situation
So did u apply for urgent request after being sent to local office or before that?

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
Me too in same situation.

Applied on 22nd Nov 2019 and received acknowledgement on 20th Dec 2019. Now the case referred to local office .

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Me too in same situation.

Applied on 22nd Nov 2019 and received acknowledgement on 20th Dec 2019. Now the case referred to local office .
Hi,
would you please let me know if they asked for additional documents? did they sent an email and
they mentioned to you that they refer you to local office? I am asking because I also submitted my application on Nov 2019 and on Dec 23 they
asked for additional documents and my application still under process. I called the call centre to check if it under secondary review
and they said no it is still in Sydney!!

please let me know?

thank you

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
No ...They didn;t ask any additional documents. When I checked status via web form, they replied that it had been sent to local office . I will keep you updated

Laxmi74

Star Member
Jul 7, 2012
I need to travel outside of country . I lost my COPR and my PR card also expired . I am inside Canada. Can I apply the any travel documents from inside canada ?

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
No ...They didn;t ask any additional documents. When I checked status via web form, they replied that it had been sent to local office . I will keep you updated
Hello,
Thank you for getting back to me. I hope you will hear from them very soon.
My application has sent end of Nov and they asked me for additional documents, but they have not inform me that it has sent to local office, I also checked with call centre and web form they said it is still under process. Will update you if there is any change on my application as well.

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
here is my final updates

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 27, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 23, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 14, 2020.

Good luck to you.

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
here is my final updates

1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on November 27, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on December 18, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on December 18, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 23, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on February 14, 2020.

Good luck to you.
Oh that's amazing. You're very lucky. My son and daughter's application was sent in July 2019. They asked documents for my son and daughter in September 2019 and I sent them those in October 2019. The file is at the Hamilton Local office and we are still waiting for a reply. Can you kindly provide how many days of presence you have and what documents did u send? Also, which local office was it sent to?
TIA :)

aaz2019

Jan 8, 2020
Oh that's amazing. You're very lucky. My son and daughter's application was sent in July 2019. They asked documents for my son and daughter in September 2019 and I sent them those in October 2019. The file is at the Hamilton Local office and we are still waiting for a reply. Can you kindly provide how many days of presence you have and what documents did u send? Also, which local office was it sent to?
TIA :)
Hello
The total days of my presence 850
They asked me to send a colour copy of my passports, exit and enter issued from my country and any proof of physical being in Canada.
they didn’t transfer me to local office, they just asked me for additional documents. I hope this helps.. wish you all the best

Harryhere101

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hello
The total days of my presence 850
They asked me to send a colour copy of my passports, exit and enter issued from my country and any proof of physical being in Canada.
they didn’t transfer me to local office, they just asked me for additional documents. I hope this helps.. wish you all the best
I was requested the same documents and I sent passport copies, exit entry report, report cards, and lease agreement. Hope to get news soon, this is really annoying at times lol