+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal card mailed

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
I applied for PR Renewal and mailed all required documents and IRCC received it on Dec 11, 2023. When I checked the application status, I can see the following update:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2024.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2024.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 15, 2024. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 15, 2024.
Today is Feb 11, 2024, and I have not received the PR Card in the mail. So I want to know the following details
a) How long does it take to receive the PR Card once it is mailed out by IRCC?
b) I have given 2 Addresses on my Application (Permanent and Mailing). So will I get the PR Card mailed to my Permanent Address or Mailing address?

CNP

Champion Member
Oct 26, 2018
You can call IRCC and check if the card was returned to them. If yes, you can ask them to resend to address you need at. If no, you need to file Solemn Declaration.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Today is Feb 11, 2024, and I have not received the PR Card in the mail. So I want to know the following details
It can take up to six weeks. Their udnerstanding of what it means to 'mail' (i.e. stick it in mailbox) is not the same as yours.

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
You can call IRCC and check if the card was returned to them. If yes, you can ask them to resend to address you need at. If no, you need to file Solemn Declaration.
I have called IRCC at +1(888)242-2100, but I am unable to talk to a live agent, it says they are currently busy with high volume calls and try again later.
The automated system says that they received my application on Dec 11, 2023 and that's the only thing it gives me.
What's the best way to connect to a live agent ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied for PR Renewal and mailed all required documents and IRCC received it on Dec 11, 2023. When I checked the application status, I can see the following update:
  1. We received your application for a permanent resident card on December 11, 2023.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 15, 2024.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2024.
  4. Your request for a permanent resident card was approved on January 15, 2024. Your Permanent resident card will be mailed to you or if quality assurance is required, made available for you to pick up at an IRCC office.
  5. Your Permanent Resident card was sent by mail on January 15, 2024.
b) I have given 2 Addresses on my Application (Permanent and Mailing). So will I get the PR Card mailed to my Permanent Address or Mailing address?
Are you currently living in Canada?

hpayila

Dec 14, 2018
That can have an impact on how PR cards are distributed. The fact that you listed 2 addresses is very unusual if living in Canada which is why I asked.
I travel for work and I have a Permanent Address which I don't stay in much. So I gave my second address as Mailing Address, hoping they can send the PR Card to my Mailing address. But neither of the address has not received it yet.
Does IRCC only send it to Permanent Address ?

faiqsheikh

Star Member
Apr 18, 2017
hi,

I need your help. I have received letter from IRCC in order to pick UP PR renewal card on coming week. The following details ARE mentioned in the letter either its standard format OR it depends case to case. Please do clear my concerns.

"YOU MAY BE ASKED QUESTION IN RELATION TO YOUR RESIDENCY SO THE OFFICER MAY DETERMINE WHATHER TO ISSUE YOU A PR CARD VALID FOR 05 YEARS OR A VALID FOR 01 YEAR"

However, as far as I know, the card has already been prepared confirmed by helpline then why they mentioned the above.