+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Renewal Application finally changed to decision made after more than a year.

Xaaxcsc

Aug 20, 2019
I had not met my residency obligations because I was removed as a minor (at 14) from Canada (due to extenuating circumstances that my parents had) and I returned to Canada for uni at 18 years old. When I arrived in Canada at 18 I still had a valid PR card but it expired last year. Before it expired, I sent in a PR renewal application in March 2019 on the basis of H&C. I’ve been studying in Canada as a permanent resident for 2 years now and just completed my second year of uni.

Now, after more than a year in May 2020 I checked my application status and it said “Decision Made”. Nothing else. When I clicked on it it just said something like (not the exact words)
1. We received your application on said date (march 2019)
2. We send you correspondence about the confirmation of receiving application
3. We started processing your application in MARCH 2019.

nothing else beyond this. I never got any notifications etc. Does this mean I could have been rejected without them even saying anything? For more context, read my other post. I would be so devastated if they issued me a removal order now because I am so settled here.

Sque

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mississauga
LANDED..........
29-06-2014
I had not met my residency obligations because I was removed as a minor (at 14) from Canada (due to extenuating circumstances that my parents had) and I returned to Canada for uni at 18 years old. When I arrived in Canada at 18 I still had a valid PR card but it expired last year. Before it expired, I sent in a PR renewal application in March 2019 on the basis of H&C. I’ve been studying in Canada as a permanent resident for 2 years now and just completed my second year of uni.

Now, after more than a year in May 2020 I checked my application status and it said “Decision Made”. Nothing else. When I clicked on it it just said something like (not the exact words)

nothing else beyond this. I never got any notifications etc. Does this mean I could have been rejected without them even saying anything? For more context, read my other post. I would be so devastated if they issued me a removal order now because I am so settled here.
My situation is exactly the same as yours. I got "decision made" after one year of processing but still don't know whether application i⁹⁹s rejected or approved. I will assume that's due to the Covid-19 delays. So let's wait and hope for the best.

ITmanEU

Feb 21, 2020
Xaaxcsc,
I would like to congratulate you for your command of English and especially such a concise OP/writing in exposing your problem, considering your relatively young age / 2nd year of university - it is an achievement.
Keep studying hard as you did and all doors will open for you. It also seems that you have accomplished this step while away from your parents.
Keep up the good job ; your parents (I do not know if they are alive or not, I hope they are) can be proud of you already.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Xaaxcsc,
I would like to congratulate you for your command of English and especially such a concise OP/writing in exposing your problem, considering your relatively young age / 2nd year of university - it is an achievement.
Keep studying hard as you did and all doors will open for you. It also seems that you have accomplished this step while away from your parents.
Keep up the good job ; your parents (I do not know if they are alive or not, I hope they are) can be proud of you already.
????

You essentially landed and left Canada so you had almost no attachment to Canada and your family has never paid into the tax base. There is always a chance that people can lose their PR when only returning to Canada to essentially secure domestic tuition. You really should not have applied to renew your PR card when you were not reported. That being said there is a high likelihood that you will be approved although it is extremely strange that it has taken so long.

ITmanEU

Feb 21, 2020
your family has never paid into the tax base

I hope (and I am sure) that Immigration will look at it from a more compassionate view point, definitely not something geared toward whether parents have paid taxes or not. You are saying they should have never applied to renew their PR, so how is this person supposed to travel back to see/visit their family?
By the way, regarding your three question marks, which do not show a high mark of respect, keep in mind that if I am to serve compliment to this person, that is none of your business dear respected Sir. Positive words - if trivial for you, are to the least of no harm, what do you expect me to do, to give you a justification on why I spend few good words? really?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
your family has never paid into the tax base

I hope (and I am sure) that Immigration will look at it from a more compassionate view point, definitely not something geared toward whether parents have paid taxes or not. You are saying they should have never applied to renew their PR, so how is this person supposed to travel back to see/visit their family?
By the way, regarding your three question marks, which do not show a high mark of respect, keep in mind that if I am to serve compliment to this person, that is none of your business dear respected Sir. Positive words - if trivial for you, are to the least of no harm, what do you expect me to do, to give you a justification on why I spend few good words? really?
Families securing PR with no plans of ever living in Canada is a well known strategy to secure domestic tuition for their children. You will see many openly discuss making sure their child can return back to Canada to attend school as a domestic student and obtaining PRTD based on H&C because the child was removed against their will as a minor. Young adults were easily approved even just a few years ago but that is no longer the case because so many people were doing it although there had been not attempt to establish themselves in Canada. Many had only spent a week or two as a very young child in Canada. Domestic students pay less tuition because their parents have been paying into the tax base. Families who have never paid into the tax base have the same level of establishment in Canada as an international student.

When you are lucky enough to enter Canada without being reported there are sacrifices like remaining in Canada without leaving for 2+ years. If you want to secure your PR the only way for that to be done is wait out the 2 years and not take a chance of renewing your PR based on H&C.