+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR rejected - NOC skill not matched

Kay1990

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Hi,

I have applied for my PR and BOWP in Nov. I am still waiting. My SIN and current work permit expire on Feb 2020. I am super worried if this will affect me in any way if I dont get my BOWP or PR by then. Is there anything I should look out for?

Regards,
Nancy Jean
Hi Nancy,

Did u finally receive PR? Also, were you able to get BOWP ?

I am in the similar situation right now ..got rejection and cec draws are also not resuming..please revert.

Thank you

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hi Nancy,

Did u finally receive PR? Also, were you able to get BOWP ?

I am in the similar situation right now ..got rejection and cec draws are also not resuming..please revert.

Thank you
Hi,
Yes I got my PR. I immediately reapplied after the rejection. I had to wait nearly 6 months to get my CoPR. Then had to wait 1 year to get my PR card. Delay was due to covid. You can resubmit your application and with that you can apply for a work permit mentioning that you are waiting for your PR. I apply for my work permit extension before I got rejected so I had time to reapply and get it... I didnt reapply my SIN since my application was still in process.

Thanks.

Kay1990

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Oh this is so nice to hear. Congratulations.

My pgwp is left of 4 months only. I can't apply for extension until I get an AOR and cec draws are not even resuming. I am stuck.

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Oh this is so nice to hear. Congratulations.

My pgwp is left of 4 months only. I can't apply for extension until I get an AOR and cec draws are not even resuming. I am stuck.
Thank you.....Your extension work permit you can still apply with the excuse saying there is a delay with cec draws or you can wait for 2 more months and then apply for work permit extension. It usually only takes 1 month but because of covid I am not sure how long it would take. The entire process has slowed down.

Kay1990

Star Member
Jul 21, 2021
Thank you.....Your extension work permit you can still apply with the excuse saying there is a delay with cec draws or you can wait for 2 more months and then apply for work permit extension. It usually only takes 1 month but because of covid I am not sure how long it would take. The entire process has slowed down.
You are talking about BOWP right? If I don't have an AOr they will refuse it anyway..so it's risky..

powerssdd

Aug 4, 2019
Hi,
Yes I got my PR. I immediately reapplied after the rejection. I had to wait nearly 6 months to get my CoPR. Then had to wait 1 year to get my PR card. Delay was due to covid. You can resubmit your application and with that you can apply for a work permit mentioning that you are waiting for your PR. I apply for my work permit extension before I got rejected so I had time to reapply and get it... I didnt reapply my SIN since my application was still in process.

Thanks.
Did you have to pay the $1300 EE process fee once again when you re-applied?

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Did you have to pay the $1300 EE process fee once again when you re-applied?
Hi, Yes you have to pay for reapplication because its a new application. So you have to start from scratch. Also, if your PR is rejected you get back around half the amount of your rejected application. When I applied ,EE fee was $1050. I got back around $450.

Logan_1

Dec 17, 2023
Hi,
Did you get new experience / reference letter from your company when applying for second time ? And did you change your job title and duties mentioned into the new letter ?