+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PR Processing time after biometrics - 2020

Abhishek.s1990

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
Now that IRCC is prioritizing CEC applications.... It might take take a month or two after submission of Biometrics.
For me I submitted on Dec 13
Medicals cleared Jan 20
Biometrics already given which is valid for 10 years so not required .
Can I expect COPR in May

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hello Everyone,
VFS in India are not taking biometrics request. Should I wait for them to open? Does CIC put application on hold until biometrics is received?
Thank you

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi, thanks for the reply! I just checked online, and I don't think we have given my wife's biometrics when she applied for visit visa. So it might be a system issue as you said or they have treated it as complete. I guess we just have to wait till they open for biometrics in India. Thanks again for replying!
Hi, did you figure out the biometrics issue with your wife? I am in exact same situation as yours. Please reply: in desperate need of help.

alpharelic

Feb 10, 2021
Hi everyone, new here. Applying from inside Toronto - currently on a Work Visa but hoping to get PR soon.
  • Acknowledgment of Receipt - Jan 12th 2021
  • Review of Medical Results (Passed) - Feb 2nd 2021
  • Biometrics collection letter - Feb 2nd 2021
  • Biometrics submitted today - Feb 10th 2021 and I can see that they have been marked as Completed already online.
Does anyone know if there's anything else I need to do now? Do I just sit back and wait? What's the likely timeline on this?

tj_sf

Nov 18, 2020
Hi everyone, new here. Applying from inside Toronto - currently on a Work Visa but hoping to get PR soon.
  • Acknowledgment of Receipt - Jan 12th 2021
  • Review of Medical Results (Passed) - Feb 2nd 2021
  • Biometrics collection letter - Feb 2nd 2021
  • Biometrics submitted today - Feb 10th 2021 and I can see that they have been marked as Completed already online.
Does anyone know if there's anything else I need to do now? Do I just sit back and wait? What's the likely timeline on this?
You don't need to do anything now. As far as I can see they are clearing backlog from 2020. May-July AOR have been getting COPR.
Background check usually starts after biometrics which I think take 30-90 days. (Not sure about delays due to Covid)

PS: If your WP is going to expire soon apply for BOWP at least 30 days before it expires (the BOWP fees will be refunded after you get PR)

Reactions: alpharelic

alexavbl

Jun 20, 2019
Hi, did you figure out the biometrics issue with your wife? I am in exact same situation as yours. Please reply: in desperate need of help.
I’m in the same boat! I’m the PA, and I did biometrics for my WP a few years ago. However, I don’t think my spouse has ever done his biometrics, and yet the biometric status has been changed completed in November. Not sure if that’s a glitch or what the heck is going on.

alpharelic

Feb 10, 2021
PS: If your WP is going to expire soon apply for BOWP at least 30 days before it expires (the BOWP fees will be refunded after you get PR)
oh that is really helpful to know - thank you so much! Yes it is going to expire in early May. I will look into it now.

Reactions: tj_sf

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
I’m in the same boat! I’m the PA, and I did biometrics for my WP a few years ago. However, I don’t think my spouse has ever done his biometrics, and yet the biometric status has been changed completed in November. Not sure if that’s a glitch or what the heck is going on.
Has there been any status change/update in your application since November? Thanks

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021

Dave75

Feb 17, 2021
Hi everyone, new here too. Applying from inside (I apply for Ontario) - currently on a Working Holiday Visa but hoping to get PR soon.
  • Acknowledgment of Receipt - Jan 25th 2021
  • Review of Medical Results (Passed) - Feb 14 2021
  • Biometrics collection letter - Feb 15 2021
  • Biometrics submitted today - Feb 16 2021 and I can see that they have been marked as Completed already online.

My working holiday visa expired on July 5 2021. I hope receive RP before.

I don`t see the progressive bar on my profil for the moment.

chakrat

Champion Member
May 29, 2018
ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
VO OTTAWA
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2020
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
05-09-2020
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
22-10-2020
Interview........
N/A
LANDED..........
21/04/2021
Hi everyone, new here too. Applying from inside (I apply for Ontario) - currently on a Working Holiday Visa but hoping to get PR soon.
  • Acknowledgment of Receipt - Jan 25th 2021
  • Review of Medical Results (Passed) - Feb 14 2021
  • Biometrics collection letter - Feb 15 2021
  • Biometrics submitted today - Feb 16 2021 and I can see that they have been marked as Completed already online.

My working holiday visa expired on July 5 2021. I hope receive RP before.

I don`t see the progressive bar on my profil for the moment.
Progressive bar has been removed. Please do note it all on the officer what order they process the application as there is lots of backlog. Do also note currently as per the trend people getting PR are from the month between Jan - August 2020 with some exceptions getting from Sept/Oct/Nov/Dec 2020. So you have alot of time to wait but hopping for the best or else you can apply for BWOP.

Reactions: shank15

Dave75

Feb 17, 2021
Thank.

What documents we need for BWOP apply? What the list for documents ? And what the delay dor receive BWOP ?

I don`t see exactly on internet. I am looking for a website which explains step by step the request and which gives the list of documents to be submitted. I haven't yet found a site that lists the documents.

Actualy I work in Quebec for my job, but I go to Ontario in few mounth (june/july) for my profil I explain my situation.

Do I have to be in Ontario to apply for BWOP or can I apply for it while in Quebec? Of course I will be moving to Ontario in 3-4 months.